From: Friday, April 19, 2024
To: Sunday, April 21, 2024
Atlanta Bear Pride 2024
Atlanta Bear Pride is 3 days of bear themed events & parties showcasing the diversity of bear culture and bringing people from around the Southeast to converge on Atlanta for one big weekend.
- The event fills the Atlanta, especially the popular Midtown gay district, so book your hotel in advance.
- Friday 19th – Sunday 21st April 2024 – The weekend-long celebration of Atlanta Bear Pride includes the Bear Invasion opening night, the Bearracuda party, and a Saturday and Sunday T Dance.
- Several after hour parties at Xion are also planned.
- Awaiting final lineup of parties
- Friday 19th April 2024 – Warm Up Party at Woofs from 7 pm , followed by the Atlanta Bear Pride Kick off Party, Bear Invasion with DJ Tony Moran from 9 pm at Heretic, ending with the Xion After Hours at Future Atlanta from 3 am to 7 am.
- Saturday 20th April 2024 – Events kick off from 3 pm to 8 pm with the Randy Outdoor Tea Dance at The Heretic from 3 pm to 8pm followed Bearracuda from 9 pm to 3am. Events end at Xion from 3 am to 7 am.
- Sunday 21st April 2024 – Ease into Sunday from 4pm with the Sunday Funday no cover event at Woof from 4pm. Then head over to the Atlanta Eagle with the Sunday Tea Dance. Wrap things up at the Atlanta Bear Pride closing party at Future Atlanta from midnight until 4am.
- Heretic Atlanta is one of the city’s longest running gay clubs and has a huge dance floor, well able to accommodate all the guests visiting for the annual bear pride. This signature event sells out fast, so book your tickets early. If you’re looking for an Atlanta hot spot, at this bar you’re bound to see shirtless bods, leather accessories & [hot] men!
- The Heretic is a favorite destination for leather aficionados (it even has its own leather shop). This bar draws plenty of guys into leather as well as – more generally – a butch & “cruise-y” bunch clad in jeans, leathers and little else. The staff & clientele tend to be quite friendly.
- Future Atlanta is located in Underground Atlanta a shopping and entertainment district in the Five Points neighborhood of downtown Atlanta, Georgia, United States, near the Five Points MARTA station.
- The club is 11 minutes drive from Piedmont Park the LGBT district of Atlanta.
- The Atlanta Eagle – Low-key gay leather bar with pool, dancing, karaoke & frequent theme nights.
- Atlanta Eagle recently reopened in Ansley Square on Piedmont Avenue, a 4-minute drive from Midtown.
- Woofs Atlanta – Atlanta’s only Gay Sports Bar, showing multiple sporting events, plus video games and darts.
- Serves delicious snacks including their meatball trio, shrimp skewers and tasty nachos.
Where to stay during Atlanta Bear Pride
- Midtown Atlanta is the epicenter of LGBTQ culture and nightlife in Atlanta. There is no lack of bars and restaurants here. Some standouts include Joe’s on Juniper and Blake’s on the Park.
- Stay at the Bellyard in West Midtown with 161 suites and guestrooms tricked out with the latest in technology and a spacious fitness center. The hotel is just 10 mins drive from Future.
Hotels close to the gay district in Atlanta
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Map of Gay Atlanta
The Atlanta gay population lives, works and plays all over the city and even into the suburbs. Midtown has several of the city’s most popular gay bars like Blake’s, Burkhart’s Pub, Bulldogs and Swinging Richards. The Atlanta LBGT populace is also partially responsible for the resurgence of Grant Park in the 1980s. The historic neighborhood was falling into ruins when members of the community started scooping up properties, renovating and restoring them to their original glory. This fever pitch trickled over into the neighborhoods of East Atlanta, Ormewood Park and the Old Fourth Ward. These are all eclectic, funky and tolerant neighborhoods, like most of Atlanta.
Recommended Hotels in Atlanta By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Atlanta that keep you close to all the Action, shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star, Readers Choice
The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta’s elegant and spacious rooms feature feather beds, iPod docking stations and WiFi. They also have minibars and 24-hour in-room dining. Connecting rooms are available by request and offers a fitness centre and restaurant.
4 Star, Charming B&B
This historic bed and breakfast features a daily gourmet breakfast, A flat-screen cable TV and an iPod docking station are available in each room at Stonehurst Place Bed & Breakfast Bed and Breakfast. A DVD player is also included. Towels and linen are provided.
4 Star, Great Value
This Atlanta boutique hotel features a state-of-the-art fitness centre and spacious rooms with a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A seasonal rooftop bar, The Garden at Community Smith, offers evening cocktails, craft beer, light fare, and a city view. Community Smith, the on-site restaurant,
The Glenn Hotel
3 Star, Great Location
Features include an on-site restaurant and spacious rooms with an iPod docking station. The Glenn Hotel is host to the Rooftop Sky Lounge, providing spectacular views of the city skyline and a variety of cocktails. Modern American cuisine is served daily at Glenn’s Kitchen.
Atlanta Bear Pride
Bear Invasion April 2015 Atlanta Bear Pride Jungle