From: Saturday, January 21, 2023
To: Saturday, January 28, 2023
Arosa – Hosts for Europe’s most stylish Gay Ski Week 2023
Arosa Gay Ski Week is seven days of pure fun in the snow attracting more than 600 guests worldwide. Enjoy breathtaking mountain views, mulled wine, fabulous parties and fresh powder on the slopes each day, not to mention the relaxed and fun apres-ski vibe! It is one of the best gay winter vacation escapes in Europe.
The Arosa Gay Ski week takes place at the top of a 6,000-foot Swiss valley. The Program offers a wide range of activities, ensuring something for everyone, even for non-skiers. Arosa is a 2 and a half hour drive from Zurich Airport. Check for the best flight deals.
Arosa’s fond attention to detail reveals itself with quiet elegance to seasoned travellers making Arosa the perfect winter holiday destination for a gay and lesbian vacation in Switzerland.
Plan ahead and book your hotel
- Guests start planning their own accommodation months in advance, so book your hotel your ski chalet well ahead for the best deal and the best location.
- For a truly memorable stay, book the Tschuggen Grand Hotel, a haven of luxury and style.
- For a great rate, check out the charming 3 star Hotel Stoffel famed for its location (just 1 minute from the ski slopes) and its rich buffet breakfasts.
We are awaiting the complete Program for the 2022 event. Previous highlights have included theme dinners, a drag ski race, horse-drawn sleigh rides, a pool party, a classical concert at the village church, Go-Go boys, international DJs, and more. Some special memories for us include:
- Classical Concert – featuring with guest artists performing in the beautiful village church.
- The White Party – Party at the peak of the Weisshorn mountain, at 2’653 m / 8’704 ft, this party begins with a dark night-time gondola ride to the top. A deluxe dance party with a stunning night view over the swiss alps, hot gogo dancers and a laser show are not to be missed. This event has taken place in the past at the Kursall Hotel Resort.
- The Pool Parties – Dive into the adventure pool (33 °C) with underwater massage jets, waterfall pipes, bubbling volcanoes and wild rivers at the Arenas Resort. The saltwater pool system is skin-friendly and offers a world of endless fun and relaxation. Tiki bar at the plunge pool, relax loungers in the tropical lounge, blow up toys and tight speedos to keep your eyes popping, especially with the wild wet Lifeguard Go-Go Boys on hand to entertain. Venue to be confirmed.
- Drag fun Race – Dress up and strut your stuff down the outdoor runway of the legendary and soon to be notorious Tshuggenhutte for the Arosa “Drag Fun Race”. The red carpet walk is not to be missed, with celebrity hosts, and then all eyes will be focused on the ensuing downhill competition.
A gold pass gives you access to all the events and parties; theme dinners are paid for separately at the welcome desk, which is where you go to buy your gold pass on arrival.
- Arosa is situated on a broad, sunny plateau in the middle of the Swiss Alps at the end of the Schanfigg valley. Since 1877, this traditional holiday destination has been a well-loved alpine cure resort with an incredibly stimulating climate. Arosa is generously spoilt by the sun and protected from the wind.
- Whether you like to take it easy or push yourself to the limits, you will find a wide choice of routes on varied terrain, skiing down on uncrowded pistes surrounded by the Weisshorn and Rothorn peaks. It’s a skiing experience that appeals to skiers of all ages & abilities! Explore over 225 km of runs spread over two beautiful valleys with three sunny sides, as well as a 50 km, freeride area and a fun snow park.
Getting to Arosa
Arosa is located in Eastern Switzerland, between Davos and St. Moritz and just a short distance from Zurich airport. Take the motorway A3 to CHUR and drive upward to Arosa in approx. Forty-five minutes on a narrow winding road. Make sure you stop at some of the scenic look-outs for photos and fresh mountain air. Winter tyres and snow chains are highly recommended. The ride up is impressive, and you are greeted with a pretty chocolate box village on arrival. Arosa is only 2½ hours away from Zurich.
- By rail – Take the Intercity Express train to CHUR. From there, the scenic Rhaetian Railway whisks you up to Arosa (trains run hourly). Some of the hotels will be happy to pick you up at the train station.
- By plane – Fly to Zurich Airport. From there, take the train to ZURICH HB and change for the Intercity train to CHUR with the connection to the Arosa train. It couldn’t be easier!#
Where to stay during Arosa Gay Ski Week
The entire village of Arosa fills up during the Ski Weekend with many guests planning their own accommodation months in advance. Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the ski lifts, parties and other attractions:
Gay Map of AROSA
Arosa doesn’t really have a “gay neighborhood”. The resort is almost 100 percent gay during the ski week. Most hotels are close to the center of Arosa which is directly in front of the train station and the ski lift and gondola.
Recommended Hotels in Arosa By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Arosa that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury Option
Boasting a spectacular alpine location in Arosa at an altitude of 1,800 m above sea level, the Tschuggen Grand Hotel Arosa represents a haven of luxury, offering you its own private cable car to the ski and hiking area, gourmet cuisine and the Tschuggen Bergoase spa, a wellness oasis on 5000 m². All rooms & suites have been designed by the Swiss architect Carlo Rampazzi
Blatter’s Arosa Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Set in the quiet ski resort of Arosa, Blatter’s Arosa Hotel & Bella Vista SPA enjoys a perfect location within the Swiss Alps. It offers a breakfast buffet and a free ski bus. All spacious rooms feature a flat-screen TV, cable TV and a large bathroom. Guests of the Bellavista can relax in the beautiful spa area featuring an indoor pool
BelArosa Hotel Superior
4 Star, Great Value
The spacious rooms and suites all have a balcony. The suites also feature a kitchenette to prepare light meals. Hotel BelArosa Superior’s spa area includes an indoor pool with a 25 m water slide, various saunas and steam baths, a relaxation room, and a modern fitness room. A wide range of massage treatments is available.
3 Star, Location
The Hotel Astoria has 2 jacuzzis, 2 infrared cabins, a sauna and a fitness room. There is also a games room with billiards, table football and a PlayStation. Guests can eat in the Astoria-Stübli restaurant. There is also a rustic-style bar that has a large open fireplace and a sun terrace that offers uninterrupted views of the mountains.
Video Of Arosa Gay Ski Week
Arosa Gay Ski Week – 2020