From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Aquatennial Minneapolis 2021
Aquatennial Minneapolis celebrates “The Best Days of Summer” and includes a torchlight parade, water ski shows, concerts and one of the top 5 fireworks displays in the United States.
Originating in 1940, the Minneapolis Aquatennial is an annual event which highlights the summer activities in and around the lakes and rivers of the City of Minneapolis. Traditionally held during the third full week of July.
Over 70 different events included in the festival are free, including milk carton boat races, sand sculptures, beach volleyball, a tennis invitational, a triathlon, and both daytime and evening parades.
The Aquatennial features three flagship events: the Beach Bash, the Torchlight Parade, and fireworks on the final night of the celebration.
- The main fireworks display takes place on the Saturday night of Aquatennial Minneapolis at 10:00pm in West River Parkway.
- Come early to find a spot along the river—bring sunscreen for the afternoon and bug spray for the evening. It’s worth it to see a fantastic show!
- One of the best vantage points to take in the show is on the west side of the Mississippi River, along West River Parkway near Portland Avenue.
- It’s a pyromusical, if you will. The fireworks, which typically last 20-25 minutes, are a spectacle on their own. But they’re intricately choreographed to music, each blast matching with a note or a beat within the song playing.
- The torchlight parade takes place on the Wednesday night of the festival at 8.30-pm
- The Twin Cities River Rats Water Ski Show at 7.00pm on the Thursday night at the Mississippi River, West River Road
Gay Parties during Aquatennial Minneapolis
- 19 Bar – the oldest gay bar in town hosts parties throughout the weekend of Aquatennial.
- Gay 90s – host some great drag parties and dining
- Saloon – open from early ’till late with dance parties and their amateur shower contests.
- Eagle Bolt Bar – a big welcome for leather lovers to celebrate over the weekend. End the party with Sunday Brunch!
Aquatennial is the biggest festival in the city and dwarfs even the 4th of July celebrations. Plan early and book your hotel or apartment in advance.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Minneapolis
Apartments in Minneapolis
Minnestay Sable 901
The air-conditioned apartment offers 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, and a balcony with city views. Guests benefit from complimentary WiFi and private parking
Sonder East End
1 & 2 Bedrooms
All units here are air-conditioned and feature a living room with a flat-screen TV, a well-equipped kitchen with a kettle a coffee machine and dishwasher, a dining area, a private bathroom with bath or shower, and free toiletries
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Every unit features a private bathroom and shower, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and a microwave. A fridge, a stove top and toaster are also featured in the kitchen, as well as a kettle. Free WiFi & Keyless Entry
Studio & 2 Bedrooms
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave, a coffee machine and a dining area, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries.
Video Of Aquatennial Minneapolis
Highlights of Target Fireworks | Minneapolis Aquatennial 2019
Recommended Hotels Minneapolis
5 Star, Luxury
Within walking distance of Target Field and U.S. Bank Stadium, thishotel is connected to the city’s climate-controlled skyway system and offers on-site dining and free WiFi.
Every room at Radisson Bluprovides a flat-screen cable TV, refrigerator and coffee maker. An iHome radio and laptop safe are also included.
4 Star – Great Amenities
Situated in the centre of downtown Minneapolis, within steps of Nicollet Mall and, this hotel offers elegant accommodations with free WiFi access and and chic on-site dining options.
Each guestroom is equipped with a flat-screen TV and a fully stocked minibar. Bathrooms have limestone counters and stylish glass basins.
4 Star – Central Location
Connected to the Minneapolis Convention Center via a skyway, this city centre hotel offers easy access to top attractions and features comfortable accommodations, complete with many modern amenities.
A 50-inch flat-screen cable TV and iPod docking station are provided in every spacious room with a fridge and coffee machine are also included.
Hampton Inn & Suites
3 Star – Perfect Location
Withinof , this property is connected to the climate-controlled Skyway footbridge in the heart of and offers complimentary and free WiFi.
Every room at Hampton Inn and Suites provides a 42-inch flat-screen LCD HDTV with premium cable, a small refrigerator and coffee maker.