From: Wednesday, August 9, 2023
To: Sunday, August 13, 2023
Antwerp is probably one of the most open and tolerant cities in the world concerning gay rights and acceptation of the gay lifestyle. Although it’s a rather small city (population 600.000) it hosts numerous gay shops, venues and events, among them the famous Red & Blue night club and cruising bar The Boots. Antwerp actually staged Belgium’s first LGBT Pride Parade in 1979.
- Visiting Antwerp Pride? Stay in the old town, close to all the pride celebrations and parties. The Hotel Julien is a “Superb” rated 4-star hotel located in the heart of the city with delicious breakfast options and a relaxed vibe.
Pride Opening Night
- Wednesday, August 9th – Antwerp Pride Opening Night @ OLT Rivierenhof
- Antwerp Pride will once again take over OLT Rivierenhof for a dazzling Antwerp Pride Opening Night. The Antwerp Pride kicks off with a lot of diverse and festive artists in the open air! The party starts at 6pm.
- Rivierenhof is a Leafy, expansive green space featuring ponds, trails, play equipment & an outdoor concert venue, 20 minutes drive from Antwerp’s old town.
- Thursday, August 10th –The Draakplaats and Café Den Draak are transformed into one big party area for a Midsummer Party.
- The party starts at 5pm. Draakplaats is a 15-minute drive from the Old Town.
Saturday – The Main Parade
- Saturday, August 12th – The Antwerp Pride Parade will start at Sint-Jansplein. The parade departs at Sint-Jansplein, via the Paardenmarkt. People gather at the square from 12 noon.
- Organisers march as a group to the Paardenmarkt to board trucks and to set up the parade. The March starts at 2 pm and immediately heads to the Hessenbrug, and passes by the Hessenhuis Café.
- A little further the parade turns left on Oude Leeuwenrui and Brouwersvliet in the direction of the river Scheldt. The route then goes along the river on the Van Meterenkaai before arriving at the site of the Love United Festival and after party.
- Stay close to the parade at the Hotel Franq, rated “Excellent” by guests offering spacious designer rooms and convenient location.
The Pride Village
- Saturday 12 August, 15h – 22h to Sunday 13 August, 12h – 20h
- Find out more about Antwerp Pride partner organisations in one of the many information stalls and enjoy the summer beats.
- The Pride Village on the renovated Zuiderkaaien is a meeting place for like-minded people from within and outside the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Stay close to the Pride Village at the Boutique hotel Maison Emile, rated “Wonderful” by guests offering perfectly preparted breakfasts in a carefully restored, stately townhouse.
- Admission is free and everyone is welcome to explore our rainbow community and make new friends.
Love United Festival & Closing Festival
- Saturday 12 August to Sunday 13 August, 15h – 00h
- The main festival is held the recently redeveloped Cockerillkaai on the south part of town alongside the river and is the official and central party hub of Antwerp Pride for the Love United Festival on Saturday and the Closing Festival on Sunday.
- Two stages will invite you to show your best moves and to party on until midnight.
- Cockerillkaai is a 12 minute drive from the Old Town.
- For a unique experience, stay at the Lit D’Art Hotel, a 4 star hotel rated “Exceptional” by guests, located close to the after party and the bars. The boutique hotel offers delicious breakfasts and sublime wellness centre.
- Saturday 12th to Sunday 13 August – Pride DeLux hosts two days of indoor and outdoor parties from early afternoon.
- Sunday 13th August – The DRAMA Party takes place on Sunday, from 2pm at Bonaparte featuring guest DJs and live performances.
- Sunday 13th August – Antwerp’s newest bar hosts “Crystal Queer“, a street party in one of Antwerp’s prettiest squares.
- Check out the top hotels close to the party at Grote Markt
Circuit Festivals & Parties
- Antwerp is home to some of Europe’s top gay parties. The Cargo Club hosts a weekend of parties and events including Red & Blue.
Stay just 3 minutes from the Cargo Club, host of the biggest night parties at the Hotel Rubens-Grote Markt, rated “Fabulous” by guests with comfortable rooms and a gay-friendly welcome.
- PNKK Pride Week – August 7th to August 14th – An entire week of theme parties and events awaits in Bonaparte with Pannekoek.
- Padam Tea Dance Party – August 12th – Padam celebrates with a unique Friday night version of the famous Sunday Tea Dance.
- HIM Antwerp Pride Edition – Saturday, August 13th – One of the most popular gay circuit events in the city featuring world class DJs, sexy dancers at IKON Antwerp from 11pm.
- Woodpop Pride Official After Party – Saturday, August 13th –Takes over the legendary Waagnatie exhibition centre, from 11pm to 5am.
- A Hard Night – Saturday, August 13th – The Boots, Antwerp’s infamous cruising club hosts a special pride party, not for the faint of heart!
- Antwerp is famous for its beautiful historic old town centre, world-renowned diamond industry and vibrant gay scene.
- Although Antwerp’s famous pop-up gay party venues are spread out across the city, most of the busy gay bars and restaurants are located in Antwerp city center, close to the famous Town Square (Grote Markt) and the Museum Aan de Stroom (M.A.S.).
Where to stay?
The following Antwerp hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Where to stay close to all the gay bars.
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
The Hotel Julien is ore editors choice with
it’s beautiful rooftop views & green patios.
For further information and advice on
Antwerp Pride visit The Website
Antwerp is small and compact having a beautifully preserved old town in the centre. Having said that bars and clubs (more than 30) are spread out around the city, so its best to find a hotel close to the centre and journey out to your preferred destination. The main club, Red & Blue is located in the harbour. Famous gay monthly parties Studio 54 and Café de Love attract guys from all over Europe so book your accommodation in advance.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Antwerp that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a meeting room. Additionally, concierge services, dry cleaning, and a 24-hour front desk are onsite. All 9 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, living rooms and dining areas. Free WiFi and Netflix are standard, as are flat-screen TVs with cable channels.
A restaurant, a bar/lounge, and self parking are available at this smoke-free aparthotel. Additionally, concierge services, tour/ticket assistance, and a front-desk safe are onsite. The apartment provides a kitchen with a refrigerator, an oven, a stovetop, and a microwave. Conveniences include a washer/dryer and a living room
This smoke-free hotel features a bar/lounge, self parking, and a business center. Additionally, dry cleaning, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk are onsite. All 11 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, plus free WiFi and TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find iPod docks, sitting areas, and minibars.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a snack bar/deli, a conference center, self parking, and 24-hour room service are onsite. All 42 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and 24-hour room service. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, espresso makers and slippers.
Antwerp Pride 2018 – Love United!
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Antwerp that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The guest rooms are situated in 2 historic buildings and have a modern style. They are equipped with a bath or rain shower and free Wi-Fi. You can relax in the lounge area with books and magazines or have a drink in the bar. The spa is located in the 16th century cellars and offers a steam bath, sauna and rain shower.
This hotel offers light and spacious rooms as well as a luxurious suite. All units have individual climate control as well as a flat-screen TV. Some of the deluxe rooms and suites also come with a private terrace. The breakfast buffet offers a variety of hot and cold choices
The spacious, air-conditioned rooms at Hilton Antwerp Old Town feature Serenity bedding and have a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Each room includes a large desk with an ergonomic chair and a marble bathroom with a bath and separate shower. Coffee and tea facilities are provided.
This elegant boutique hotel offers luxurious design with 16th century architecture, a 2-minute walk from Grand Place. Each of the rooms at hotel Matelote benefits from free wired internet and a flat-screen TV. “They also have coffee, tea making facilities and mineral water. The bathrooms include The Spa Collection toiletries.