From: Wednesday, Aug 10th, 2022
To: Monday, Aug 15th, 2022
Antwerp Gay Pride 2022 Packed full of parties, parades and politics!
Antwerp is probably one of the most open and tolerant cities in the world concerning gay rights and acceptation of the gay lifestyle. Although it’s a rather small city (population 600.000) it hosts numerous gay shops, venues and events, among them the famous Red & Blue night club, cruising bar The Boots. Antwerp actually staged Belgium’s first LGBT Pride Parade in 1979.
The 2021 edition of Antwerp pride will be a little different, There will be no festive parade through the city at Antwerp Pride this year, however the Pride village will take centre stage along with an innovative roller skate parade.
If you are planning to visit, stay close to the Gay Village in the Opera district.
Special Outdoor Parties for the 2021 Edition
- Friday 13th – Woodpop Pride at Park Spoor Noord from 16.00 – 23.30
- On Friday the 13nd of August we start the Antwerp Pride Weekend by dancing all evening long on music by Gaga, Justin, Britney, Lil Nas X, Madonna, Bruno, Dua Lipa, Megan Thee Stallion and many more! – View Facebook Event
- Saturday 14th – H.I.M Pride at the Beach at Strantwerpen from 6pm
- H.I.M is one of Belgium’s biggest parties and is bringing its party to the beach for the Antwerp Pride edition at Strantwerpen an iconic beach bar on Linkeroever with a unique sunset. Look out over the spectacular skyline of Antwerp all summer long. – View Facebook Event
Antwerp Official Pride Events for 2021
The city will celebrate with a series of events, most of which will take place within the gay village in the heart of the city.
Wednesday 11 August
- Antwerp Pride Opening Night, 20.00 – 23.00 – OLT Rivierenhof
- Together with Kids with Buns, Serine Ayari, LaDiva Live, Priscilla – Queen of the desert (by Inteam productions) and Grigri Y El Macho Fantastico, we will kick off this year in open air. Book your ticket.
Saturday 14 August
- Antwerp Pride Roller 3 Miles, 16.00 – 18.00 – Pride Village – Antwerp Opera Square
- The Antwerp Pride Roller 3 Miles invites you to put on your roller skates.
Together we’ll skate through Antwerp, passing the Meirbrug . Show up in your most colorful outfits and get ready to dance and twirl on an animated trail.Don’t own any roller skates? That day, you can rent a pair from us for 5 euros. No pre-registration. Only 250 people can participate, so make sure to arrive on time!
Saturday, August 14, 2021 – Sunday, August 15, 2021
- Pride Village, Opera Square – Antwerp 12.00 – 22.00
- Come down to the brand new Pride Village on the Operaplein, the heart of Antwerp Pride 2021 on Saturday 14 August or Sunday 15 August .
- Find out more about the pride partner organizations at one of the partner stands, enjoy summer beats, rent a pair of roller skates to skate away from your worries or take part in one of the Pride Dates.
- The Pride Village on the Opera Square is a meeting place for like-minded people from within and outside the LGBTQIA+ community. Admission is free and everyone is welcome to explore the rest of the city from the Pride Village.
Antwerp Pride 2022 – Events
The following events are expected to return in 2022. Subject to confirmation. Events typically kick off on the Thursday and end on the Sunday of the Antwerp Pride Weekend.
Highlights of the week-long Antwerp Pride festival include a Pride Opening Reception on Thursday, queer city tours, several gatherings related to various fetishes (jockstraps, chaps, naked, boots, etc.), a Tranny-Oke sing-along, and myriad parties and mixers at clubs and venues throughout the city.
- Typically the event kicks off on Thursday night with a series of open-air parties taking place in the colourful Zurenborg neighbourhood.
- The Draakplaats and Café Den Draak are transformed into one big party area.
Saturday – The Main Parade
- The Antwerp Pride Parade will start at Sint-Jansplein. The parade departs at Sint-Jansplein, via the Paardenmarkt, the Scheldt quays to the Gedempte Zuiderdokken as part of an effort to build a bridge to other neighborhoods and communities. Set up begins at 13:00h on and the parade kicks of at 14:00h.
Saturday – The Pride After Parties
- Don’t miss, Wave, the Pride after party based in the center of Antwerp, at the famous Steenplein, right on the waterside, next to Antwerp prettiest castle: het Steen.
- Love United takes place on Saturday night at the Badboot Party Complex, a spectacular party boat complex with indoor and outdoor dance decks.The venue even has a heated outdoor pool which access is included in your ticket!
Sunday – The Closing Party
- The closing festival takes place on Sunday, from 2pm at Grote Markt followed by a series of parties and events around the city including Drama Queen and Pink Sunday.
Where to stay in Antwerp for Pride
The gay bars and clubs in Antwerp are a little spread out. Stay close to the gay village and you will be near all of the main attractions and activities.
The following hotels are highly rated by our readers:
Gay Map of Antwerp
Antwerp is small and compact having a beautifully preserved old town in the centre. Having said that bars and clubs (more than 30) are spread out around the city, so its best to find a hotel close to the centre and journey out to your preferred destination. The main club, Red & Blue is located in the harbour. Famous gay monthly parties Studio 54 and Café de Love attract guys from all over Europe so book your accommodation in advance.
Recommended Apartments in Antwerp
The Grand Apartment
Sleeps 6 Guests
The Grand Apartment is located in the center of Antwerp and offers a living room with a TV a fully-equipped kitchen, 1 bedroom, private bathroom. The apartment is close to all the bars and restaurants
Light House Lodge
Sleeps 11 Guests
Light House Lodge is located in the Center of Antwerp and features a living room, a fully equipped kitchen, one bedroom and a private bathroom. garden views from the terrace. Free WiFi, Close to all the bars and restaurants
Sleeps 6 Guests
Tempor Apartment offers modern accommodation in a quiet street in the centre of Antwerp. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. The famous shopping street “De Meir” is located 800 m away
Center of Antwerp
Sleeps 12 Guests
Luxury Three Bedroom Apartment in the Center of Antwerp, features 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with a shower and a bath, a Livingroom with balcony, and a kitchen. Free WiFi. Close to all the bars and restaurants
Video Of Antwerp Pride
Antwerp Pride 2018 – Love United!
Recommended Hotels in Antwerp
We recommend booking a hotel in the heart of gay Antwerp in the old town, close to all of the cities amenities and a quick journey to all the gay bars, clubs and restaurants.
Hotel Julien, 4 Star
Located around green patios in the centre of gay Antwerp, the guest rooms are situated in 2 historic buildings.
4 Star, Very Central
Hotel Rubens-Grote Market is situated less than a 1-minute walk from the lively Market Square
Hilton Hotel, 4 Star
Shopping & Partying
Located right in the centre of Antwerps gay area and next to De Meir Shopping Street and the local gay bars.
Hotel Matelote, 3 Star
Boutique & Central
This elegant boutique hotel offers luxurious design with 16th century architecture in the gay area.
Why you may want a car in Antwerp
One of the great things about Belgium is its small size; most of the country’s top attractions are just under an hour’s drive away. Belgium is the perfect country for a day trip by car to explore the many historic towns and villages such as Ghent and Bruges.
The city of Ghent is truly the hidden treasure of Flanders. The heart of Ghent boasts many impressive medieval buildings including the Town Hall, the Belfry Tower, the Cloth Hall, Saint-Nicolas’ church, the old harbour and the Castle of the Counts of Flanders and there are some lovely hotels here as well
Bruges is the capital of West Flanders in the northwest. It is the most enchanting of cities, with its cobbled streets and medieval buildings. The entire city is protected by UNESCO. With all its attractions, you will need more than a day to explore this beautiful city so why not consider spending a day or two here maybe at the 5-star Hotel Dukes’ Palace Brugge