Gay Cabo Guide
Los Cabos, home of the jet set is one of the most stylish and gay-friendly destinations in Mexico. Its position between the contrasting desert and the of Sea of Cortez makes it one of the most unique places to visit.
Idyllic infinity pools are everywhere in Cabos
Gay Los Cabos is the perfect choice for gay travelers wishing to experience the beauty and warmth of Baja California. Los Cabos is spread over two coastal towns in Baja California Sur, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, connected by a corridor of 30 kilometres where luxury meets the great outdoors.
Los Cabos is home to some world class dining, epic night life, stunning hotels and a low-key but warm gay scene. It is the perfect gay friendly destination, where you can be like everyone else but still feel totally comfortable being yourself with your friends and partners. The sophisticated beach-resort culture and range of activities attracts gay visitors looking for a more luxurious holiday escape.
Where to stay in Gay Los Cabos
Los Cabos offers outstanding choices of beachfront resorts and private luxury villa rentals for LGBTQ visitors. Top-of-the-line amenities, private swimming pools and gorgeous views create an luxury vacation getaway like no other.
With its privileged location on the Medano Beach of Cabo San Lucas, ME Cabo features 5-star amenities. Guest accommodations at Melia Cabo ME are furnished with all the latest technologies. Private balconies along with rain showerhead and Aveda bath amenities are also provided.
Offering two swimming pools and an outdoor spa, The Cape offers accommodation in Cabo San Lucas area. Guests can enjoy a tasty meal at one of the 2 restaurants available on-site. Free WiFi access is available in this resort.
Each hotel room features a private balcony, a gourmet mini bar, concierge services and views of the ocean and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas.
Six Two Four Urban Beach Hotel (San Jose del Cabo)
Located in San José del Cabo, SIX TWO FOUR Urban Beach Hotel features 4-star accommodation with private balconies. This 4-star hotel offers room service and a concierge service. The property provides garden views, a year-round outdoor pool, a 24-hour front desk, and free WiFi is available throughout the property.
Gay Map of Cabo
Cabo Gay Bars
Los Cabos Gay Scene
Los Cabos is an open-minded and tolerant destination where you can be yourself. Service levels for all guests are high and local businesses pay attention to the fine details.
Los Cabos can be divided into three distinct areas. San Jose del Cabo is the town closest to the airport. Locals consider this to be “The Old Town”, complete with colonial architecture, art galleries, shops, a lively town square and an authentic Mexican vibe. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxed.
Cabo San Lucas is home to the regions parties and nightlife and of course the Instagrammable Arch, “Al Arco”, at Land’s End.
The Corridor is a highway connecting the partygoers at Los Cabos to the elegance of San Jose. Along the highway you will find some stunning holiday villas, perfect for a group getaway or special occasion.
Gay bars get busy from around 11pm, so make sure you fit in your afternoon siesta after sunset. Clubs get busier even later. Cabos menus offer innumerable local tequilas and handcrafted cocktails you won’t find north of the border.
Los Cabos Gay Bars
- Chandeliers is the only “official” gay bar in Los Cabos and plays host to many theme nights, strip shows, drag performances and more. The music is loud and the cocktails are great. The club is located above Madeira steak house, a block from Cabo Wabo Cantina. The club is open from Thursday to Monday from 9pm to 5am.
- Mandala is the official party-temple in Cabo and is the meeting point for night lovers and partyholics with a glamorous oriental decoration.
- Mixology Fusion bar in San Jose is a Speakeasy style bar and is located inside an old farmhouse in the heart of the historic centre of San Jose. Each night they have different music styles, from Jazz to Dance to House.
- Try Osvaldo Vazquez’s handcrafted cocktails and stunning, panoramic views at the rooftop lounge in the Cape Hotel.
Gay Friendly Restaurants in Cabo
You can’t go wrong with any of the places in downtown San Jose del Cabo. This area is very artsy and full of great gourmet experiences, from Mexican to international cuisine.
- Hacienda Cocina y Cantina, the restaurant at Hacienda Beach Club & Residences at Medano Beach, is one of many to merge traditional Mexican cuisine with casual beachfront dining.
- Don Sanchez menu is Inspired by the extremely fresh local products found in the Baja California peninsula and celebrates the abundance from the farm, the sea and the ranch.
- Manta at The Cape Hotel offers truly wonderful dining in a unique setting featuring dishes such as beef tacos and a smoked oyster dip!
- Richard Sandoval’s Toro fuses south American, Japanese and Chinese flair to create memorable dishes topped with superb cocktails.
- Meat lovers will rejoice at Seared at The One and Only resort, complete with one of the finest wine menus in Cabo.
Top things to See and do!
- Take a canopy tour through the canyons and zip line through the unique ecological habitats of Los Cabos.
- Zoom across the desert landscapes by the ocean on a thrilling ATV and enjoy some amazing views.
- Los Cabos is the perfect destination for the water sports enthusiast. The destination is blessed with world-class conditions for parasailing, surfing, kayaking, snorkelling and diving and the very popular stand-up paddle boarding. Those seeing a more relaxing time should go Whale watching during the Winter months, especially in March.
- Charter a private luxury sail and glide past the famous Cabo Arch on your way to catch the dolphins and sea lions.
- Experience the thrill of diving into one of the world’s most preeminent underwater sites with a trip to Sand Falls.
- Go Tequila tasting. Don Julio 70 on the rocks is our favourite.
- Take a private tour and go hiking to explore the local waterfalls.
- Book a day-trip to the nearby historic town of Todos Santos and visit its renowned art galleries, including the Faces of Mexico Ethnic Art Gallery on Marquez de Leon and the Galeria de Todos Santos,
- Go shopping at Luxury Avenue in Cabo’s Golden Marina Zone. The boutique mall is the premier luxury retail hub in Cabo featuring brands such as Cartier and Ferragamo.
Gay Beaches in Los Cabos
While the beaches look stunning in Los Cabos, many are not suitable for swimming as the surf is rough and the currents are strong. There are however a few protected coves where you can take a dip! Cabos is quite integrated so there is no distinct gay beach as such, however the following beaches are popular with local gays and visitors:
- Medano Beach is the most popular swimming beach in the area and offers numerous opportunities for fun in the sun and in the water. If you prefer to avoid the crowds then head north-east towards Club Cascadas and Villa del Palmar.
- “Lover’s Beach” is also a popular beach. The beach is very busy in the afternoons as people go to watch the sunset and photo the famous “El Arco”.
- If you tire of the crowds, head to Divorce beach which is just a 5 minute walk away and has, in our opinion, the best sunset views.
- Divorce beach takes its name from its turbulent waters and strong currents, in direct contrast with its swim-friendly neighbour, Lover’s Beach. Water taxis (known locally as ‘pangas’) are the cheapest option to reach the beach, but you can also rent a kayak or jet ski from Médano Beach
Alternatively, sun bathe poolside in one of Cabo’s luxury beach clubs and hotels.
- The Omnia Los Cabos is a stunning beach club with great dining, private vip tables, beach lounges and more. The club hosts an all-day escape overlooking the Sea of Cortez in San José del Cabo. With world-class DJs, and great service.
Getting Around Los Cabos
First of all, it is important to know that Los Cabos is in fact two cities separated by about 35 km distance. To the west is Cabo San Lucas, and to the east is San Jose del Cabo.
- Most of the hotels and resorts have shuttles that you can use very inexpensively or for free. Sometimes these shuttles only go between the hotel and the airport, but you can often use them to get in between your resort and downtown or to nearby restaurants.
- Taxis and ubers are cheap and plentiful.
- Car rental is the best way to explore Los Cabos and the surrounding region. Compare and get the best rates.
From the airport:
Los Cabos international airport is located in San Jose del Cabo. To take the bus from the airport is quite easy.
The fee is a round $4 USD and it will take you anywhere in the bus route, whether you are going to San Jose del Cabo or Cabo San Lucas including many beaches and hotels. The bus in Los Cabos is safe, cheap and convenient. Most of the drivers speaks the basic English, and they are familiar with the name of the hotels and stops, so just speak clearly when you say y our destination.
Gay Los Cabos – When to visit?
- The best time to visit Cabo is from May to June, when the wintertime crowds have gone home and the summertime storms have yet to hit. October and November are also nice months for a vacation, but you’ll need to begin your hotel search early if you want to save money.
- During the Summer, Cabo is slightly cooler than nearby San Jose. This is due to the pacific winds. Cabo is less rainy than San Jose.
- Dry Season is March to July, but the busy peak season takes place from November to February. January is the driest month of the high season and also the busiest.
Los Cabos Villas
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 beds · 4.5 baths
Recline in a lounge chair on the poolside patio enveloped by lush greenery. In the evening put on a vinyl record and gather for cocktails in a splendid living room boasting vibrant mid-century furnishings
Casa de Phoenix
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 5 beds · 4.5 baths
Surrounded by lush green landscaping, this Punta Ballena villa enjoys an ultra-private infinity pool and jetted hot tub. Lofty interiors remain bright throughout the day with sunny skylights and slide-away French doors that open onto the terrace.
Share this Page with Your Friends!