From: Saturday, June 8, 2024
To: Saturday, June 8, 2024
Washington Pride on the Pier 2024
Don’t miss the annual Pride on the Pier Fireworks Show presented by the Leonard-Litz Foundation during Capital Pride.
- Are you visiting for DC Pride? Stay in Dupont Circle in the heart of the gay district. The area fills up fast. Our top choice for Pride is The Ven Hotel with great decor and superb amenities.
- Pride on the Pier extends the Washington DC’s Pride activities to the bustling Southwest waterfront with an exciting array of activities and entertainment.
- District Pier will offer DJs, dancing and other entertainment. Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase for those 21 and older. Local DJs Eletrox, Jai Syncere and Sean Morris, will perform throughout the event.
- The Dockmasters Building will be home to a VIP experience.
- The event will include the annual Pride on the Pier Fireworks Show presented by the Leonard-Litz Foundation at 9 pm. The event kicks off at 2 pm.
- Pride on the Pier is a 10-minute drive from Dupont Circle, the city’s gay district.
- Washington Pride on the Pier is held at The Wharf, District & Transit Pier on 101 District Square SW, Washington DC.
- This remarkable, mile-long stretch along the Potomac River comes to life with restaurants, retailers, residences, and businesses complemented by monumental views and vibrant culture. Located just south of the National Mall, The Wharf offers easy access to Washington, DC’s most beloved monuments and memorials.
- The Wharf is within walking distance of two Metro stops. The free Southwest Shuttle makes a loop between The Wharf, L’Enfant Plaza Metro, L’Enfant Plaza, and the National Mall, where you can also see the trees in bloom.
- The Water Taxi offers cherry blossom views and a relaxing ride from Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria, and National Harbor, Maryland. Get a ticket and see the cherry blossoms from a new angle.
Recommended Hotels in DC
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Washington DC that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Each room includes a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom where you will find bath robes, free toiletries and a hair dryer. Select rooms offer a seating area. In-room spa services and a yoga mat are also available for guests. You will find a 24-hour front desk and 24-hour fitness centre
4 Star, Readers Choice
Each modern room at the Royal Sonesta Washington DC features a flat-screen TV and plush bedding. Select rooms offer a deep soaking spa bath or a piece of fitness equipment. In-room massage and spa services. A heated pool and sun deck allow guests to relax. The state-of-the-art fitness centre and business centre
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel is located at the top of Dupont Circle just minutes from the historical landmarks of Washington, D.C. The Dupont Circle Metro station is 120 m away. The rooms at The are furnished with large windows and marble bathrooms. Modern amenities include an iPod docking station, flat-screen TV and free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Video of Washington’s Pride on the Pier
What you can expect the year on the Pier
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Washington
Washington, D.C. has a thriving LGBTQ+ community that plays a significant role in the city’s cultural, social, and political life. D.C. hosts a variety of LGBTQ+ cultural events and festivals throughout the year. The Capital Pride Festival and Parade, typically held in June, is one of the city’s most significant gay celebrations, featuring a parade, concerts, and other festivities.
Dupont Circle | Close to the city centre
- Dupont Circle has long been considered the heart of D.C.’s LGBTQ+ community.
- It is home to numerous LGBTQ+-friendly bars, restaurants, and businesses.
- The Dupont Circle Fountain, located in the center of the neighborhood, is a popular gathering spot for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many of the bars and clubs host special events during the annual Capital Pride Festival in late May.
Adjacent to Dupont Circle, Logan Circle has also become a popular LGBTQ+ neighborhood. It offers a mix of bars, restaurants, & cultural attractions.
U Street Corridor
The U Street Corridor is known for its historic ties to the LGBTQ+ community and its vibrant nightlife scene. With several LGBTQ+ bars and clubs.