From: Friday, May 24, 2024
To: Saturday, June 15, 2024
Vivid Sydney & The Heaps Gay Qweens Ball 2024
The world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas, Vivid Sydney takes place in Sydney each year during May with stunning light displays across the city’s most famous landmarks. The gay community celebrate this event with The Heaps Gay Qweens Ball.
- More than 650,000 visitors attend the Vivid Sydney festival. So book your hotel early as the event sells out Sydney’s popular CBD district early.
- Over 23 nights Vivid Sydney will paint the Harbor City in the color and spectacle of Vivid Light, take over Sydney stages with Vivid Music’s electric performances and collaborations, and provide a global forum for thought-provoking debate and creative discussion at Vivid Ideas.
- The 2024 edition will feature “Vivid Food” which will sit alongside Light, Music and Ideas.
- Visitors can also enjoy the thrilling 8km Light Walk, stretching from Circular Quay to Central Station.
- Awaiting Further details for the 2024 event
The Heaps Gay Quween’s Ball
- Awaiting Dates for 2024 Edition – The Heaps Gay Qween’s Ball invites you to don yourself in the most luxurious dress-up an op-shop can provide.
- Assemble your very own royal queer family and step through the arches of the grandest, fanciest building in town, the Sydney Town Hall for the experience of a lifetime for Vivid Sydney.
- Spanning two grandiose stages the Heaps Gay Qweens Ball will be feature Qweens in all forms. You can also expect Drag Qweens, burlesques, roaming performances.
- Feeling royal? Fall into a world of cloaked luxury for one sensory night of Queer expression at Sydney’s most iconic venue.
Recommended hotels in Sydney
The following hotels are close to the Vivid Sydney light installations:
Recommended Hotels in Sydney By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sydney that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located on Hyde Park in the Sydney CBD (Central Business District), Pullman Sydney Hyde Park features 2 restaurants and a rooftop pool and patio. All guest rooms offer views of the park or city and feature an LCD TV with cable channels. Pullman Sydney’s spacious guestrooms each include a desk, seating area and internet access. Guests can work out in the fitness centre.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in the heart of Surry Hills in Sydney, Crystalbrook Albion offers accommodation with an eclectic mix of heritage and contemporary details. It features a 24-hour desk with a team of hosts available to offer individualized service, a rooftop garden oasis with views over Surry Hills and Sydney city and an honour bar featuring top-shelf beverages and gourmet nibbles.
4 Star, Great Value
Situated just 2 minutes’ walk from Hyde Park and Oxford Street, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Sydney offers air-conditioned apartments, secure covered car parking, plus a restaurant and café. All apartments feature an LCD TV, an in-room safe and a hairdryer. Full kitchen facilities or a kitchenette are also provided. Guests have access to laundry and dry cleaning facilities
Rydges Sydney Central
4 Star, Location
Located on the edge of the Sydney Central Business District, Rydges Sydney Central features a 15 m indoor pool, a spa, 1 bar and 2 restaurants. All rooms and suites at the Rydges Sydney Central come with deluxe beds and custom furnishings. Modern amenities include internet access and a large flat-screen TV. Guests can work-out in the fitness centre and unwind in the sauna.
Video Of Vivid Sydney &
The Heaps Gay Qweens Ball
VIVID SYDNEY FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS 2018
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Sydney
Sydney, has several neighborhoods known for their LGBTQ+ friendliness and vibrant culture. These areas are popular among the LGBTQ+ community and allies, offering a variety of entertainment, nightlife, and cultural experiences.
Darlinghurst | The Gay Hub of Sydney
- Known as Sydney’s LGBTQ+ hub,
- Darlinghurst is home to the famous Oxford Street, lined with LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- It’s the heart of the city’s LGBTQ+ scene and hosts the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Darlinghurst
Next to Darlinghurst, Surry Hills offers trendy cafes, & a bohemian feel. Popular with LGBTQ+ travelers
Known for its alternative culture, street art, quirky shops, live music, and an inclusive vibe its a unique experience.