From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Vienna Gay Street Festival in Mariahilf 2024
The “Andersrum ist nicht verkehrt in Mariahilf” is a traditional street festival celebrating diversity in Vienna’s Mariahilf district.
- Are you visiting Vienna for the festival? The market is close to the heart of Vienna’s gay district by the Naschmarkt. Stay at the Hotel Josefine rated “Superb” by guests and featuring elegant rooms with a luxurious touch.
- The annual festival has been held in Esterhazygasse for over 16 years and includes a colourful program of shows, live acts and performances.
- Acts include Querfunk, Bester Chor vor der Autobahn, AYGYUL, the STiXX drummers, DJaneJust König, the Naughty Night DJ team and Lucy McEvil as Master of Ceremonies.
- Enjoy food trucks, beer, cocktails and wine. Browse from traditional market stalls and enjoy a delightful Summer afternoon in Vienna’s trendiest 6th district.
- The Festival takes place during the annual Vienna Pride celebration’s.
- Mariahilf, the trendy 6th district, is bordered by Mariahilfer Strasse, a busy pedestrian strip with fashion and lifestyle stores.
- Vienna’s large outdoor market, the vibrant Naschmarkt, is a gourmet magnet lined with food stalls and eateries.
- The district is also home to the city’s vibrant gay bars and clubs.
- A massive WWII anti-aircraft tower houses the Haus des Meeres aquarium.
- Neighbourhood streets are dotted with edgy shops, classic Viennese coffeehouses and several theatres.
- The Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, rated “Superb” by guests, is the perfect base to explore the district and all of gay Vienna’s delights and charms.
The Vienna gay area is quite compact and easy to get around,
we have found hotels that keep you in the gay area and close to all the sights Vienna has to offer,
Gay Map of Vienna
Wienzeile (‘Vienna Row’) is a street that runs through the city along the Vienna River. It is divided into Rechte (right) Wienzeile and the Linke (left) Wienzeile. Many gay bars and venues are located along both sides of Wienzeile.
Recommended Hotels in Vienna By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Vienna that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The luxurious, renowned 5-star Hotel Imperial is set directly on the Ringstraße boulevard in the heart of Vienna and takes you back to the times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It features exclusive hotel rooms, a gourmet restaurant and a 24-hour rooftop fitness centre with a sauna. It was inaugurated in 1873 by Emperor Francis Joseph as the Palais Württemberg.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Built in 1913, Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof is located in the centre of the first district of Vienna, only a few steps from the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Free WiFi is available. The Herrenhof’s air-conditioned rooms are very spacious and comfortably furnished. The Viennese studio Einwaller decorated the rooms and other parts of the hotel with 21st century interpretations of various styles
Austria Trend Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set in a charming building from 1912, Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien is located in the centre of Vienna, right on the famous Kärtnerstraße shopping street. Free WiFi is available. The elegant rooms are decorated with period furniture and come with wooden floors, a flat-screen cable TV, a minibar, a safe, a work desk, and a bathroom.
K+K Hotel Maria
4 Star, Location
The modern and elegant K+K Hotel Maria Theresia enjoys a central and quiet location right in Vienna’s artists’ quarter of Spittelberg and offers free WiFi, a wellness and a fitness area. The city centre is within a 10-minute stroll. The comfortable guestrooms offer modern luxury and a stylish interior design, with designer bathrooms and many modern amenities.
Video Gay Vienna Guide
Discover the best things to see and do in gay Vienna
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Vienna
Vienna, the capital of Austria, has a rich cultural history and a diverse, open-minded atmosphere. Vienna hosts various LGBTQ+ events and festivals throughout the year. One major event is Vienna Pride, which includes a colorful parade and various cultural activities. This celebration promotes visibility, acceptance, and equality for the LGBTQ+ community.
Naschmarkt District | Close to the city centre
- The Naschmarkt area has a lively atmosphere, diverse culinary scene, and several gay and gay-friendly venues.
- Kettenbrückengasse street in quite popular, famous for its gay friendly environment.
- The street is home to several gay bars, cafes, and clubs.
- It is a hub for socializing and comes alive at from early evening to late at night, especially on weekends.
The Mariahilf district, along Gumpendorfer Strasse, is home to an eclectic mix of shops, cafes, and bars. Also great for shopping.
This street runs along the southern edge of the city center & includes the famous Naschmarkt, home to several gay cafes and bars.