From: Saturday, February 24, 2024
To: Saturday, March 2, 2024
Telluride Gay Ski Week is Southwest USA’s most welcoming, scenic, and intimate winter retreat, where gay visitors come to celebrate the magic of wintertime in the San Juan Mountains.
- Are you visiting for Telluride Ski Week? Stay at the Hotel Telluride, rated “Excellent” by guests, located at the base of the San Juan Mountains with spacious rooms and a superb onsite spa.
The Ski Week
- Telluride Gay Ski Week has something for everyone, with gorgeous accommodations located just steps away from outdoor activities like ice skating, snowshoeing, fat tire biking, horseback and sleigh rides, fishing, snowmobiling, spa experiences and more
- Attendees can enjoy daily ski guiding for all skill levels, après ski hangouts, pool parties, late-night happenings, the signature White Party and so much more.
- Telluride Gay Ski Week coincides with the Telluride Aids Benefit Fashion Show Gala – an event dedicated to fighting HIV/AIDS by raising awareness and generating financial support for prevention programs and client care.
- The ski resort has some stunning and luxurious ski chalets and vacation homes for short-term rental. Discover the top Vacation Homes and Condos in Telluride.
The Host Hotel
- Madeline Hotel & Residences – Next to the slopes and ski lifts of Telluride Ski Resort, this upscale ski-in/ski-out resort hotel is 8 miles from the Sheridan Opera House.
- Amenities include two rustic-chic restaurants, a candy shop and a cafe. There’s also a chic spa, an outdoor pool with two hot tubs, and a patio lounge area with fire pits.
Guided Skiing Daily
- Daily, from 9:45 am – 1:00 pm – Explore some of the best ski terrains in North America alongside friendly, knowledgeable locals.
- Guided skiing is a great way to make new friends and enjoy all the mountain has to offer.
- Daily from 3:00 – 6:00 pm at different venues around Telluride and Mountain Village
- Après-ski is French for “after-skiing”, and Telluride takes its après seriously.
- Join social and dynamic après-ski parties throughout the week to cap off days on the slopes.
- Après-ski parties will be held at Telluride’s most unique cocktail bars.
- Awaiting line up and venues for the 2024 edition.
- Telluride AIDS Benefit Fashion Show – The TAB Fashion Show Gala on Saturday is a winter highlight for many, regarded as a “Broadway Pop-Up” and “Cirque du Soleil meets NY Fashion Week”.
- The Gay Sleigh – Experience an evening horse-drawn sleigh ride to an authentic sheep-herders tent followed by a luxurious dinner.
- Alpine Rendezvous Dance Party – Those who have skied in Europe may be familiar with the legendary on-mountain champagne DJ dance parties.
- The White Party – Highly regarded by locals as one of the best parties of the year, the White Party is exactly that. Be sure to pack your best outfits and come dressed head to toe in white.
- Pool Party – Take a break from the slopes and relax your muscles in a soothing, heated pool and hot tub. Enjoy music by guest DJs keeping the vibes going strong.
- Costume/Drag Race Contest & DJ Party – Showcase your inner self and get all dressed up. Judges will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place honours for the best-dressed skiers/snowboarders while a DJ sets the party vibe.
- It’s Brunch, Bitch – Take in a tongue-popping, fan-flicking, lip-syncing extravaganza!
- Nestled at the end of a canyon and surrounded by some of the most rugged peaks in the Rocky Mountains, Telluride stretches eight blocks wide and twelve blocks long and boasts 300 days of sunshine each year.
- With colourful Victorian-era homes, clapboard storefronts, boutiques, art galleries, gourmet restaurants, historic buildings and more, Telluride is truly a delight to explore.
- The friendly locals are famous for their authentic mountain character, unpretentious attitude, and celebration of adventure.
- Ranked the Number one ski resort in North America by Conde Nast, Telluride offers visitors deep powder, endless runs, no lift lines and breathtaking views.
- There are 1,700 acres of world-class skiing and snowboarding, plus three vast bowls of expert, hike-to terrain, all wrapped up in around 8m of the best snow on the planet.
- Gorrono Ranch – Woodsy ski lodge with American eats like burgers & chilli, plus fireplaces, mountain views & music.
- Telluride Conference Center – Conveniently located in Mountain Village steps from the slopes, set to be transformed by the Ski Week as a party venue with space for 500+ guests.
- Sheridan Opera House – Built in 1913 as a vaudeville theatre in Telluride, the Opera house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It serves as the centre of the Telluride community.
- Bon Vivant – Located at the top of the Polar Queen Express (Lift 5), enjoy an experience unique to North America at Bon Vivant. Views from the massive new deck are rivalled only by the 39 ft umbrella, and the menu features classic country French cuisine, top wines, and ski country’s best crepes and hand-crafted hot chocolates.
Here are the hotels we recommend with good reviews, close to all the action:
Lumiere with Inspirato, Madeline Hotel and Residences, Inn at Lost Creek, The Peaks Resort & Spa.
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
Madeline Hotel location is hard to beat
If you want to be in the middle of the fun
For more information & advice on
Telluride Gay Ski Week, Website
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Telluride that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Discover the best of Telluride’s shops, skiing, restaurants and bars