From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Stockholm Bear Weekend 2024
The Stockholm Bear Weekend, “STHLM BEAR WKND” takes place each year in May and marks the beginning of the bear party season Scandinavia.
- Visiting Stockholm for the bear weekend? Stay in the trendy Södermalm district home to several gay bars and gay-friendly venues or the Gamla Stan, Old Town, one of the best-preserved medieval cities in the world.
The Bear Weekend
- Each year bears from the Nordic region and beyond gather together in Stockholm for a weekend of parties, fun and solidarity.
- The event is organised by Bears Together Sweden and Nordic Bears and they focus on creating parties and festivals for bears and friends based in Scandinavia.
- Events include a meet and greet evening, a daily pub crawl, a guided tour of Stockholm, bear parties, special dinner celebrations and a farewell brunch.
- Stay at the Hotel Frantz, WorldHotels Crafted, a 4 star hotel rated “Wonderful” by gusts with sleek design and excellent service.
- Awaiting schdule for the next edition – use the previous year’s program as a guide:
- Thursday – Events kick off from 5 pm to 11 pm with the Release Party at Time Bar. Enjoy delicious beer and pizza and get to know your fellow bears. The party continues at Side Track from 11pm to 1am.
- Friday – Meet up in Side Track from 7pm. The main party at SLM kicks off at 8pm until 1am.
- Saturday – Enjoy the Schlager Final Party from 7pm until 1am. A dinner with large screens, Bar and Dance floor at Spice Garden.
- Sunday – The event closes with the Closing Dinner at restaurant Patricia / Bar / Dance from 7pm to 11pm.
- Time Bar – the newest hotspot in the trendy Hornstull area with great beer, pizzas DJ and more.
- Side Track – Stockholm’s oldest gay bar with fun music, a mix of guys and reasonable prices.
- SLM – Stockholm’s biggest fetish club for men. Great sound, light, dance floor and atmosphere.
- Spice Garden – Indian Restaurant in Södermalm
- Patricia – Set on a restored navy ship, this longtime upscale eatery is known for its steak & seafood dinners. Fun venue!
Nordic Bears is an initiative to coordinate, strengthen and promote Bear culture and community in the Nordic region and beyond! The idea is to connect local Nordic Bear groups and associations so that they can work together and help create the feeling of community within and between the Nordic countries and beyond.
Where to stay in Stockholm?
The following Stockholm hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and the bear parties:
Gay Map of Stockholm
Being gay is such a non-issue in Sweden that Stockholm doesn’t really have a “gay area” — the gay clubs are everywhere, and gay restaurants and coffee shops are dispersed throughout downtown, old town, and even the suburbs.
Recommended Hotels in Stockholm By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Stockholm that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Nobis Hotel is housed in two stylish 19th-century buildings on Norrmalmstorg Square, in the middle of Stockholm’s main shopping district. It offers luxurious rooms with free WiFi access. All rooms at Nobis feature modern décor, climate control, a flat-screen cable TV and marble bathrooms. Restaurant Noi serves modern dishes with influences from all over Europe in an elegant setting
Nordic Light Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
This sleek design hotel is just 100 m from the Arlanda Airport Express Train at Stockholm Central Station. It offers modern rooms with free WiFi and tea/coffee facilities. All rooms at Nordic Light Hotel have a laptop-sized safe and satellite TV. The luxury beds are by Swedish brand, Anders Hilding. Bathrooms include quality toiletries.
Berns Boutique Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Berns Hotel is a stylish boutique hotel from 1863, situated next to Nybrokajen Harbour in central Stockholm. The iconic building features a historic dining hall, several bars and a lobby shop. Just around the corner, guests will find Stureplan which is one of Stockholm’s most luxurious shopping and nightlife areas. The Old Town and the Royal Palace are just a few minutes walk away.
4 Star, Location
This hotel is situated beside Central Station. Guests enjoy free entrance to the gym, pool, hot tub and sauna. Breakfast is free for children under 7 years, while children up to 12 years have a discount. All the air-conditioned guest rooms at Radisson Blu Royal Viking have luxury beds and a bathtub or shower. Each room features a satellite TV and minibar.
Video Of Postcard from Stockholm
here is a postcard from our gay-friendly hometown Stockholm