From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Stadfest St Georg Hamburg 2024
Stadfest St Georg is Hamburg’s annual street festival. The event takes over the street of Lange Reihe, the heart of the city’s gay district.
- Visiting for Stadfest? Stay in St.Georg, close to the gay bars with a wide range of hotels available. Consider the Reichshof Hotel Hamburg, a beautiful 4-star hotel with spacious rooms and a modern gym and sauna.
The Street Festival
- Hamburg’s Stadfest St Georg features live music bands, stage shows, pop-up shops, food trucks, caipirinha and cocktail stands, beer and more.
- The festival runs over two days and features a colourful stage program packed with the most diverse musical performances.
- Shows range from dance to orchestral compositions, Jazz to Bollywood.
- St Georg flea market in Baumeisterstraße also returns, inviting you to haggle and browse from an eclectic array of dealers.
- Brunos, the famous gay store in Hamburg, hosts an outdoor market, complete with a chill-out bar and terrace.
St Georg, Hamburg
- St. Georg is Hamburg’s gay neighbourhood, known for its quirky design shops, art studios and hip cafes and bars.
- Once known as the red light district, St Georg is now one of the hottest spots in the city.
- Late-1800s buildings line the main thoroughfare of Lange Reihe, while grand hotels and lavish penthouses overlook Alster Lake.
- The renowned Deutsches Schauspielhaus presents contemporary theatre. Take in the ancient art, Baroque objects and bold poster graphics at the MKG Museum.
- Take a day tour of the district and learn more about the district’s rich history as a gay neighbourhood.
- For those looking to stay in the heart of the city, The Barceló Hamburg is a perfect choice featuring modern rooms and high-end amenities.
Where to stay in Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area.
The other gay area of Hamburg is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs,
both areas are good and the bars and clubs are different in each area so depending what you like will depend where you want to stay.
Gay Map of Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area The other area is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs.
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Georgs
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Pauli
Recommended Hotels in Hamburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hamburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Behind its grand façade, the Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, provides spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TV and marble bathroom. Each floor is inspired by a different colour. Guests enjoy free use of the sauna. On site is also the Energy Clinic spa, which features an exclusive beauty salon and a gym overlooking the Außenalster Lake.
Le Méridien Hamburg
5 Star, Readers Choice
Rooms at Le Méridien Hamburg feature modern ambiance with either wooden or carpet flooring, elegant bathrooms with bathtub or shower, a flat-screen TV, air-conditioning as well as hot drinks facilities. Guests have free access to various online newspaper and magazines. Located in the city centre directly on the Alster Lake with spectacular views
4 Star, Great Value
Named after the German word for ruby and boasting a red theme throughout, the 4-star superior ARCOTEL Rubin offers free WiFi and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs. It lies in Hamburg’s lively St. Georg district, 500 m from Hamburg Central Station. Its air-conditioned rooms include soundproofed windows, leather furnishings and cordless telephones.
3 Star, Location
The individually designed rooms at the Hotel Wedina an der Alster are located in 4 colour-themed buildings (red, blue, green and yellow) and exude a love for literature. All rooms include free WiFi, wooden floors, a safe and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Located in Hamburg-St. Georg, just 150 m away from the Alster Lake
Video Guide to Hamburg
Explore the different districts of Hamburg
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany, has a lively and diverse LGBTQ+ community, making it a welcoming destination for gay travelers and residents alike. The city offers a range of gay-friendly establishments, events, and resources.
St. Georg | The heart of Hamburg’s gay scene
- St. Georg is often considered the heart of Hamburg’s gay scene.
- This district is home to many gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The “Lange Reihe” street is particularly known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments.
- Discover the best things to see and do in St. Georg
A vibrant district with LGBTQ+-friendly venues, around the Reeperbahn area, known for its nightlife.
Staying in the heart of the city gives you easy access to major attractions, shopping districts, & upscale hotels.