From: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
To: Sunday, June 18, 2023
Europe’s Pride by the Beach 2023
Sitges gay pride takes place over 5 days of Summer. The date varies from year to year depending on the fall of Easter. This year the pride takes place during the second week of June. Book your trip as early as you can.
Sitges Pride Parade
- Sunday June 18th – 5pm The main parade takes place on the Sunday of the event. More than 70,000 visitors take to the streets to watch one of the most unique and colourful pride parades in Europe.
- The parade takes place right on the seafront. Arrive early for your photo. The floats arrive at 3pm at Kansas Restaurant, about a 5 minute walk from the gay beach in the centre of town. The atmosphere gathers apace from around 4pm as parade participants arrive for their customary shots by the paparazzi. The music switches on from around 4.30pm and the parade leaves at 5
- The route takes in the entire seafront, turning at the church before heading back past the gay village and ending at the Hotel Calipolis.
The Parade After Party
- As the parade makes its way through the town, the Sitges Pride Village on the seafront, counts down to an epic Sunday Circuit and Dance event. From 5pm to 9pm, dance to the best music and enjoy an electric atmosphere as people dance and party, ready for the final live concerts to begin from 9pm to 1am.
The Sitges Pride Gay Village
- Open every day from 7pm until late – The gay village is a temporary “village”, taking over the seafront by the gay beach. It is the epicentre of the pride celebrations for the 5 days with live concerts and shows each night. Enjoy drinks and dancing at the outdoor bar as you watch the sunset and mingle with thousands of sexy people as you take in the beautiful views of the Mediterranean. There is no other pride venue like this!
- Stay right by the gay village at the following hotels:
Hotel Calipolis – Famous 4 star hotel with great balconies and views of the parade.
Kalma Sitges Hotel (Formerly La Nina) – 4 star modern hotel, recently reformed with views of the village and the seafront.
Hotel Subur – 3 Star hotel with some rooms facing the sea. Good value.
Platjador – 3 Star, readers choice, with pool, Sells out fast.
Other Events & Pride Parties
Sitges Pride hosts some of the best parties, including the annual Pool Party, a beach party, an opening rooftop party and more. The 2022 schedule is currently in development. Awaiting updates.
Sitges Gay Bars and Clubs
- Over the past decade, Sitges gay scene has changed considerably, with most of the gay bars centred around the T Junction that is Calle Bonaire, Calle Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Daytime is spent in the square at Parrots Pub and Terrace. Evenings kick off from 5pm along the bars of Joan Tarrida outside, such as Man bar’s terrace and El horno.
- Most Late night partying during pride takes place in the gay village. The late night bars, Queenz, Soho, XXL, Bukkake, El Piano and Privilege get busy from around 12am until 3.30am. There are currently no late night clubs open in Sitges (Bunker and Bukkake are currently not operating)
Just about everyone dresses up in some sort of costume, locals and tourists alike so don’t forget to pack yours, it doesn’t matter what costume you bring so long as its outrages, this is 10 days of nonstop party fun.
Where to stay in Gay Sitges
The Ibersol Antemare (host of the Pool Party) is always a popular option. It is about a 10 minute walk to the centre of town, has large rooms and a great pool.
For those seeing a 5 star option consider the Dolce Sitges. The hotel recently underwent an EUR 15 million refurbishment, has 3 pools, amazing service and is a 7 minute taxi ride away. It has great views and superb on site dining options as well as a top class gym.
Owned by the sexy footballer, Messi, the Hotel MiM is host to several pride parties and is just steps from the Gay Village. It is also home to the beautiful Sky bar with great views of Sitges.
Gay Map of Sitges
Most of Sitges gay bars are located in the centre of the village just seconds from the beach, on C.Bonaire, Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Most hotels are within 5 minutes walk of the centre.
Recommended Hotels in Sitges By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sitges that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Dolce by Wyndham
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star hotel with 4 heated pools.
- 7-minute drive to the gay bars.
- Rooms & Suites
- Perfect for a total escape and pampering, but still close to Sitges nightlife.
Hotel MiM Sitges
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star Hotel with rooftop pool.
- 1-minute walk to the gay bars.
- High end amenities in rooms.
- Most popular hotel in the centre of Sitges, with luxurious spa and two pools.
3 Star, Great Value
- 3 Star Hotel with seafront location.
- Steps from the gay bars.
- Highly rated breakfasts.
- Always a popular choice with a beautiful rooftop bar offering beach views and pre-dinner cocktails.
3 Star, Location
- 3 Star Hotel in the centre of Sitges.
- 2-minute walk to the gay bars.
- Crisp, modern decor.
- Great location in the heart of Sitges with a large sun deck and epic outdoor pool.
Video Of Sitges Pride
Amazing coverage of the Pride in Sitges complete with parties, events and parades!
Recommended Villas in Sitges
Sitges is the perfect destination for a celebration, or for entertaining a large group of friends during key events including Carnival, Bears Week, Pride or one of the other many festivals taking place throughout the year.
- 400 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 600m from Balmins Gay Beach.
- 300 sq/m featuring 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 4 Mins drive from the gay bars, 2.5km to the gay beach.
- 425 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Two private pools
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 900m from Balmins Gay Beach
Casita Del Mar
- 480 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- In the centre of Sitges.
- 1 Min walk to the gay bars and steps from the beaches.