From: Saturday, Nov 27th, 2021
To: Saturday, Jan 1st, 2022
Savannah Christmas Market & Harbour Boat Parade of Lights 2021
Each November, Savannah celebrates the arrival of the Holiday Season with the Harbour Boat Parade of Lights and opens their beautiful Christmas market.
Enjoy a unique Christmas experience in charming Savannah with a European style Christmas Market, boat parade, tree lighting ceremony and live shows and entertainment across the holiday season.
- The Harbor Boat Parade of Lights features over 40 boats decorated in holiday cheer parading the Riverfront at 7pm culminating in an amazing fireworks show. The parade takes place on the opening night of the markets.
- Hop aboard the Georgia Queen Riverboat as it leads the parade or enjoy VIP Viewing from Plant Riverside with Fabulous Entertainment, St. Nick & a smorgasbord of holiday fare.
The Christmas Markets
- The Savannah Christmas Market Plant Riverside District blends European and Southern holiday traditions in a spectacular entertainment district overlooking the Savannah River. Discover celebrations all season long including live holiday music, visits from Santa , street performers, seasonal food and beverage specials and exclusive holiday market vendors along the Savannah riverfront.
- The city’s second market, The Savannah’s City Market comes to life in full holiday spirit: The four-block area becomes a destination for entertainment, dining, and retail therapy.
The Holiday Pops
- A local tradition , The Savannah Philharmonic’s “Holiday Pops” concert brings the joy and warmth of Christmas with the help of a full orchestra, chorus, soloists and special guests.
Savannah’s old-fashioned Christmas parade
- Beginning at West River Street and making its way through historic downtown, Savannah’s Lighted Christmas Parade winds along the Savannah River and ends at City Market. Don’t miss this display of colorful floats, antique cars, walking groups, and the star of the show, Saint Nick himself.
Enjoy the holiday tour of Historic homes and see the museums of the city decorated in stunning Christmas lights and decorations. Indulge in the nostalgia with a Charles Dickens-inspired Christmas walking tour of Savannah, led by gents costumed in Victorian garb, and hear the heart-warming tales of the port city’s earliest holiday traditions, including how “Jingle Bells” was written. Finally, check out the largest Gingerbread Village display in town at the beautiful Westin Hotel.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Recommended Apartments in Savannah
West Congress Condo
The air-conditioned accommodation is 70 m from Ships of the Sea Museum, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, a TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower.
Broughton Hideaway offers free WiFi, air conditioning and household amenities such as a stovetop and coffee machine. It features a 24-hour front desk.
The apartment features 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine and fridge.
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. A dishwasher, a microwave and fridge are also provided, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.
The Broughton features free WiFi.
Studio & 1 Bedroom
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. A dishwasher, a microwave and fridge are also featured, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.
Drayton Apartments features free WiFi.
Recommended Hotels in Savannah
5 Star – Central Location
This 5-star hotel is located in Savannah’s Historic District and features an outdoor pool with lush cabana seating.
Every room at The Alida, Savannah, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel provides a 60-inch flat-screen TV with streaming capabilities. Private bathrooms include a rainfall showerhead and deluxe Red Flower bath products. In-room spa services are also available.
Olde Harbour Inn
4 Star, Luxury
This historic 1812-era property is located in the heart of Savannah city centre and overlooks the Savannah River. Features free WiFi and wine with cheese reception each evening.
A small refrigerator, microwave, and flat-screen cable TV are provided in each uniquely decorated suite. Within waking distance of over 100 restaurants, boutiques and bars
The Marshall House
4 Star – Great Amenities
Georgia boutique hotel offers an on-site restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy a nightly wine and cheese reception in the library. A 24-hour business centre is available for added convenience.
A flat-screen cable TV and a small refrigerator are included in all rooms. Guest rooms also feature a decorative fireplace and a private bath.
Hilton Garden Inn
3 Star – Perfect Location
This Savannah hotel offers a variety amenities, including on-site dining options, individualized keurig coffee makers, microwave and mini refrigerator in every room and suite
Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District features free WiFi. A concierge desk for tips on the best attractions, or spend the day beside the outdoor pool. Or in the on-site fitness center.