From: Friday, Sep 2nd, 2022
To: Sunday, Sep 4th, 2022
Russian River Pride Guerneville Labor Day Weekend 2022
Discover a unique and charming Pride escape in Russian River and enjoy a warm welcome during a weekend of fun events, parties and parades.
The Town of Guerneville in Russian River celebrates its one unique pride event in Sonoma County each September during the Labor Day Weekend.
- River Pride kicks off Friday night with a Pre-Pride Party at the R3 Hotel, located at 16390 Fourth Street, starting at 8 p.m., and featuring “karaoke and cocktails.”
Most River Pride events are scheduled for Saturday, starting at 10 a.m. when the Rainbow Cattle Company, located at 16220 Main Street, opens early for cocktails and a “light breakfast”. The main parade passes by the venue. Crowds gather and dance to music from guest DJs throughout the parade and well into the afternoon.
From 11am on Saturday, following the breakfast, the pride parade will make its way through Main Street.After the parade has ended, two parties will start at 12:30 p.m.
- The Timberline will partner with the Woods Resort, located at 16484 Fourth Street, to host a Retro Party around the Woods pool with music by guest DJs. Cover will be $5; food will be on sale and there will be a cash bar.
- The R3 Hotel will also host a pool party with DJs and dancers. The Contemporary Throw Down will feature vendors selling River Pride merchandise. Both parties run until 5 p.m.
- Timberline will open for dinner and stay open for dancing starting at 9.pm.
- A main event show will take place at the R3 Hotel from 9pm on Saturday night featuring some of the leading drag queens from the area and beyond.
- On Sunday, from noon to 5 p.m. around the R3 pool organizers will host the De-compression Sunday event allowing you to relax after a weekend of celebrations.
- Since the 1970s, LGBT travelers have claimed this friendly Russian River Valley outpost as their own. Guerneville is located in a beautiful woodland setting about 90 minutes north of San Francisco. Set among majestic redwood forests on the banks of the Russian River, the tucked-away hamlet has been the go to gay getaway for Bay Area weekenders for decades earning it the nickname of the ‘Gay Riviera’.
Our Top Tips
- Add some indulgence to your day with a wine or champagne tasting at some of the leading wineries in the area, or follow country roads south towards Healdsburg, sampling acclaimed Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels at countless wineries along the way.
- At night catch the action at the landmark Rainbow Cattle Co., a party destination since 1979 or the Bar at the R3 Hotel, another long standing favorite of the LGBTQ crowd.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Guerneville, Russian River
Recommended Apartment in Russian River
Happy Days! Downtown Guerneville! BBQ! Game Room!! Fast WiFi!! Dog Friendly! is a property situated in Guerneville near Pee Wee Golf and Arcade. With free WiFi, this holiday home offers a TV, a washing machine and a kitchen with dishwasher.
Lily Pad – Hot Tub! Private Dock! BBQ! Game Room! Walk to Town!! Fast WiFi!! Dog Friendly!, a property with a restaurant, is situated in Guerneville, 400 m from Pee Wee Golf and Arcade. Guests staying at this holiday home have access to a fully equipped kitchen.
The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine and 2 bathrooms with a hairdryer. A TV with satellite channels and a DVD player are featured. private parking available on site and free WiFi.
Splash Hit in Guerneville features accommodation with free WiFi, The holiday home has 2 bedrooms, a TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower. Private parking
Video Of Russian River Pride
2015 Sonoma County Pride Parade Dance Party
Recommended Hotels in Guerneville, Russian River
Lazy Bear Weekend visitors stay at the nearby resorts or at one of the many area houses, apartments or rooms available for short-term rental. Please be aware that some locations have minimum stay requirements and most are booked well in advance of the summer months.
Santa Nella House
4 Star, Location
Santa Nella House is located in Guerneville, just 1 km away from the Korbel Winery. Free Wi-Fi access is available in all rooms.
Applewood Inn, 4 Star
Applewood Inn offers guest rooms with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV private bathroom offers plush bathrobes in all rooms. Great Choice
Cottages On River Road
3 Star, Great Pool
Private balconies or patios are provided in every cottage and studio at Cottages On River Road. It features a very popular seasonal outdoor pool.
The Woods Resort
3 Star, Popular Choice
Just 2 minutes’ walk from Armstrong Woods Park, this gay friendly resort features an outdoor pool. Free Wi-Fi is available in all guest rooms.