From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
From: Awaiting dates
- Brass music band
- Ice cold beer
- Traditional Ferris wheel
- Food stands
- Traditional local dishes
- Live performances
Vienna is very busy city year round
To get the best deals and save up to 70%
Book your hotel early!
Rosa Kaiser Wiesn Vienna 2024 Dust off your lederhosen
The Rosa Kaiser Wiesn and the Rosa Wiesn Frühschoppen have become highlights of the LGBT party calendar in Vienna. So time to upback your lederhosen and head off to the weirdest party of the Vienna Oktoberfest!
- Stay close to Vienna Oktoberfest celebrations at the Der Wilhelmshof Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring spacious and stylish rooms in a great location.
- The Rosa Kaiser Wiesn Party is the opening party of the Vienna Oktoberfest in late September to Early October. And with the Kaiser Wiesn Frühschoppen as the closing event!
- Take a spin on the transitional Ferris wheel and then walk your dizzy self over to one of the many food stands on site for an ice cold beer and some delicious traditional local dishes.
- Make sure you check out some of the live performances on stage each night. Highlights of the event include the famous coronation of the Kaiser Wiesn Emperor and Empress.
- Rosa Kaiser Wiesn takes place during Vienna’s annual fair, Kaiser Wiesn (21 September – 8 October 2023).
- Stay close to the gay bars and take a short taxi to the party at Hotel The Weekend, rated “Fabulous” by guests with hip designer rooms and highly-rated breakfasts.
- Rosa Kaiser Wiesn takes place in WOJNAR’S Kaiserzelt at “Prater”, an amusement park and the location of the Giant Ferris Wheel, one of Vienna’s most famous symbols.
- About 250 attractions entertain you at the Vienna Prater, from autodrome rinks to ball toss and shooting booths, exciting roller coasters and ghost trains to flight simulators.
- Vienna Prater is a 15 minute drive from the gay bars in the Naschmarkt.
Where to stay in Gay Vienna?
The Vienna gay area is quite compact and easy to get around. The following hotels are close to all the city’s top attractions:
If you want more information on Vienna take a look at our Vienna gay guide
Gay Map of Vienna
Wienzeile (‘Vienna Row’) is a street that runs through the city along the Vienna River. It is divided into Rechte (right) Wienzeile and the Linke (left) Wienzeile. Many gay bars and venues are located along both sides of Wienzeile.
Recommended Hotels in Vienna By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Vienna that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The luxurious, renowned 5-star Hotel Imperial is set directly on the Ringstraße boulevard in the heart of Vienna and takes you back to the times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It features exclusive hotel rooms, a gourmet restaurant and a 24-hour rooftop fitness centre with a sauna. It was inaugurated in 1873 by Emperor Francis Joseph as the Palais Württemberg.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Built in 1913, Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof is located in the centre of the first district of Vienna, only a few steps from the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Free WiFi is available. The Herrenhof’s air-conditioned rooms are very spacious and comfortably furnished. The Viennese studio Einwaller decorated the rooms and other parts of the hotel with 21st century interpretations of various styles
Austria Trend Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set in a charming building from 1912, Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien is located in the centre of Vienna, right on the famous Kärtnerstraße shopping street. Free WiFi is available. The elegant rooms are decorated with period furniture and come with wooden floors, a flat-screen cable TV, a minibar, a safe, a work desk, and a bathroom.
K+K Hotel Maria
4 Star, Location
The modern and elegant K+K Hotel Maria Theresia enjoys a central and quiet location right in Vienna’s artists’ quarter of Spittelberg and offers free WiFi, a wellness and a fitness area. The city centre is within a 10-minute stroll. The comfortable guestrooms offer modern luxury and a stylish interior design, with designer bathrooms and many modern amenities.
Video Of Rosa Wiesn
Rosa Wiesn 2014
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Vienna
Vienna, the capital of Austria, has a rich cultural history and a diverse, open-minded atmosphere. Vienna hosts various LGBTQ+ events and festivals throughout the year. One major event is Vienna Pride, which includes a colorful parade and various cultural activities. This celebration promotes visibility, acceptance, and equality for the LGBTQ+ community.
Naschmarkt District | Close to the city centre
- The Naschmarkt area has a lively atmosphere, diverse culinary scene, and several gay and gay-friendly venues.
- Kettenbrückengasse street in quite popular, famous for its gay friendly environment.
- The street is home to several gay bars, cafes, and clubs.
- It is a hub for socializing and comes alive at from early evening to late at night, especially on weekends.
The Mariahilf district, along Gumpendorfer Strasse, is home to an eclectic mix of shops, cafes, and bars. Also great for shopping.
This street runs along the southern edge of the city center & includes the famous Naschmarkt, home to several gay cafes and bars.
Other Events in September
Latest Gay Travel News
Discover the best of Vienna’s LGBTQ+ scene with our comprehensive gay guide. Explore popular gay bars, welcoming restaurants, and cozy hotels in the heart of the city.
The Top Gay Winter Sun Destinations. From the beaches of Sydney to the desert oasis of Palm Springs, Miami Pool parties and more!
Gay Rio Guide, Discover the top gay bars, clubs, hotels and things to see and do in Rio. Plus full event calendar.
Trending Events & Articles
Here are the most popular events searched for and viewed by our readers over the past 7 days: