From: Sunday, June 2, 2024
To: Sunday, June 2, 2024
Puerto Rico Gay Pride 2024
Puerto Rico Gay Pride takes place in the Island’s capital San Juan each year at the beginning of June. The event culminates in a colorful pride parade on the final Sunday of the festival.
- Visiting Puerto Rico for Pride? Stay at the O:Live Boutique Hotel Located in the exclusive Condado neighbourhood, featuring Mediterranean décor and stylish suites.
Gay Village Parties
- The bars along Avenida Condado in San Juan’s gay district hosts host parties and events throughout the week leading up to the Pride March.
- The city’s Santurce neighborhood is booming with restaurants and nightlife. Much of the Pride action is centered around La Placita where you can check out nightlife at the little bars that spill onto the plaza.
- Kweens: the biggest Gay LGBTQ dance club in Puerto Rico is the new kid on the block. (formerly Circo bar) close to the popular Santos Rooftop parties.
- The Coqui del Mar Guest House offers studios and fully furnished apartments with free Wi-Fi, free parking and a shared hot tub. It is one of the most popular gay-friendly hotels in the city.
The Pride Parade
- Sunday, June 2nd 2024 – The main parade kicks off at Condado’s Parque del Indio, launching floats, bands, activists, and queens down Ashford Avenue.
- Find a spot along the route to see rainbow-colored floats, people on stilts and roller skates, go-go dancers, drag personalities, and more.
- Stay close to the parade route at the AC Hotel Condado with beautiful rooftop pool, spacious and stylish rooms and a warm gay friendly welcome.
The Pride Parties
- Sunday, June 2nd 2024 – The parade ends at Parque del Tercer Milenio, complete with a big Pride stage rally and performances, organized by Colectivo Orgullo Arcoiris (the Rainbow Pride Collective).
- Other events take place at Escambrón beachside park,where you’ll find an expansive green lawn surrounded by vendors and a massive stage for entertainment.
- The party doesn’t end after the parade on Sunday. The following week most people make the journey to Boquerón in the southwestern region for the Cabo Rojo Pride, a unique beach pride event featuring 3 days of parties, parades and live shows in one of the most idyllic locations in Puerto Rico.
Gay San Juan
Bars and clubs are spread out across different neighbourhoods in San Juan. We encourage you to explore each district as they offer different experiences, all worth visiting.
Hato Ray barrio is a popular district with Local bars and younger guys
- Amigos del Jangueo – Local bar with dance area and pool table.
- El Cojo – Small local bar, popular dance floor.
- Pal Frente – Local bar, popular with those on a bar crawl.
- La Cantina – Popular gay karaoke bar, great prices.
- Chueca – Fabulous bar, popular with locals and tourists with delicious tapas.
- El Techo – Stylish rooftop bar – gay friendly.
Santsucre – the beating heart of late night parties
- Kweens – new super bar with great shows, light and sound.
- El Purgatorio – popular club and restaurant with local gay boys.
- SX, The Club – Gogos, dark room and strippers.
- Tia Marias – Longest running gay bars, chilled atmosphere.
- Zal Si Puedes – Drag bar, older clientele.
Take a look at our Insider San Juan guide for more detailed information on where to stay, play and party.
Trending Hotels in San Juan
The following San Juan hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the pride celebrations:
Gay Map of San Juan
Recommended Hotels in San Juan By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in San Juan that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
O:Live Boutique Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the exclusive Condado neighbourhood, O:Live Boutique Hotel has a Mediterranean décor and stylish suites. Free Wi-Fi and suites include a luxurious rain shower with hydromassage jets. Part of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Offering a rooftop terrace with an infinity pool overlooking the Condado Lagoon. Suites feature a flat-screen cable TV and L’Occitane toiletries.
AC Hotel by Marriott
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the Condado district in San Juan, AC Hotel by Marriott San Juan Condado features a year-round outdoor pool and spa centre. an on-site restaurant. All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. features free WiFi throughout the property. Onsite hotel amenities include the AC Kitchen, AC Lounge restaurant, fitness center, a unique Rooftop bar and swimming pool
Condado Ocean Club
4 Star, Great Value
Condado Ocean Club features a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and bar. A 24-hour front desk and room service, free WiFi. An ATM, a concierge service. All units at the hotel come with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a shower, bathrobes, a desk and a coffee machine.
Coqui del Mar
3 Star, LGBTQ Hotel
Coqui del Mar – LGBTQ Hotel – Adults Only offers studios and fully furnished apartments with free Wi-Fi, a shared, two pools and a hot tub. It is only 400 m from San Juan’s beautiful Caribbean coastline. The studios at this guest house come with bright décor, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower and toilet. The apartments come with a fully equipped, modern kitchen
Video Of Puerto Rico Gay Pride
PUERTO RICO GAY PRIDE 2016