From: Monday, August 5, 2024
To: Sunday, August 11, 2024
A Pride – A Party – and a strong Political Message – Prague Pride! 2024
Among nations in Central and Eastern Europe, the Czech Republic stands out as being arguably the most gay-friendly, especially its endearing, pedestrian-friendly, and beautifully preserved capital city, Prague.
- Prague is a busy city, especially in the Summer. Stay in the old town close to all the city’s attractions and bars. The Julius Prague is rated “Exceptional” by guests with deluxe suites and studios, modern decor and superb location.
Prague Highlights 2024
Monday August 5th to Sunday August 11th 2024 – Prague Pride features a week long series of events, parties and activities ending with a colorful pride parade on the final Saturday of the festivities.
- Prague Bear Summer hosts a series of events and parties including beach events sauna parties and bear nights.
- OMG Party Prague is hosted by the biggest party promoter in the city, OMG and is one of the biggest gay events in Central Europe.
- Pioneer Prague Official Prague Pride After party is a fun event in a unique location under the stars. Highly recommended.
Prague Pride Village
- Monday 5th August 2024 – The traditional opening concert and the best party at the Pride Village on Strelecky Island with music and shows from 6pm until 10pm in the Pride Village.
- The Pride village also hosts the Pride after party once the Pride in the Park events end at 10pm.
- Strelecky Island is romantic location hidden in the shade of mature trees in the heart of city under the Legion Bridge enchants visitors with its old-time atmosphere and exceptional views of the city directly from the surface of the Vltava River. The island is an 11-minute ride share or 20-minute walk from Prague Old Town,
- The Pride Village hosts a week long series of concerts.
- Stay right by the Strelecky Island and enjoy the “suite-life” at the Superb rated NN6 Luxury Suites offering river views, high-end amenities and perfect location for exploring the best of Prague.
Prague Pride Parade 2024
- Saturday 10th August 2024 – On the final Saturday of Prague Pride, the parade will start from Wenceslas Square at 12.30 pm, setting off on a three-kilometer route towards Letná Park. Buses will be provided up the stairs. The parade takes approximately 3 hours to make its way through the streets of the city.
- The exact route is as follows: Passing through Na Příkopě Street, turn into Celetná Street on Republic Square (náměstí Republiky) and then go all the way to Old Town Square.
- Continuing through Pařížská Street, over the Čechův Bridge and up the stairs to Letná Park. The park is famous for its amazing views of the river Vltava and all the bridges down below.
- Stay close to the pride park after party and enjoy stunning views over the river and Prague Castle at The President Hotel. The hotel offers guests spacious rooms and a sublime spa, pool and wellness centre.
- Awaiting Dates – OMG Prague, the city’s longest running Circuit Party hosts a spectacular event with world class DJs and an epic stage show in Club Mecca.
- Saturday 1oth August – Pioneer hosts the official Prague Pride closing party on Saturday night after the main parade. Each year the theme and lineup changes. Organisers take over some of the city’s most unusual venues for a truly inclusive event.
The Pride Park and After Party
- Saturday 10th August 2024 – Letná Park – Featuring 6 stages with a music program, lots of stands with not only food and drinks, and an unforgettable atmosphere up until 10 pm.
- Shows run on the hour and start at 3 pm on the Main Stage, 4pm on the Orange Stage (Czech Music and Drag), 3pm on the Yellow stage (Czech Queer Club Scene), 3pm on the Green Stage (Focus Poland), 3pm on the Blue Stage (Drum & Love) and 4pm on the Purple Stage (Community Zone)
- At the end of the parade, the party continues in Střelecký Island. Here you will find three DJ stages, plenty of beer, cocktails and great food, in the gay village.
- Prague Gay Pride continues to show the way for Eastern European Nations attracting hundreds of thousands of partygoers each year.
Popular Gay Bars in Prague
- Club TerMIX – Trebizskeho 4a, Prague 2: One of the most popular gay clubs in Prague, it offers a lively atmosphere with DJs and themed nights.
- Friends Club – Bartolomejska 11, Prague 1: A well-known gay bar and club, it hosts regular DJ nights, parties, and special events.
- The Saints Bar – Polská 32, Prague 2: A smaller, cozy gay bar with friendly staff, it’s great for a more relaxed evening or early-night drinks.
- Klub 21 – Rimska 21, Prague 2: This is a more laid-back bar with a lounge-like atmosphere, perfect for conversations and getting to know locals.
- Cafe Cafe – Rytířská 10, Prague 1: Not exclusively gay but very gay-friendly, this stylish cafe-bar is popular among the LGBT community and serves delicious food and drinks.
- Q Café – Odboru 278/4, Prague 2: A smaller, intimate café and bar catering to the LGBT community. A great place for coffee or evening drinks. U Rudolfa – Mezibranská 3, Prague 1: One of the oldest gay bars in Prague, it offers a traditional and friendly atmosphere.
Top Attractions in Prague
- Prague is a great city for sightseeing. Try and take some time to see the some of what the city has to offer like Prague Castle, The Astronomical Clock, The Municipal House, Old Town’s Jewish Quarter and the Dancing Building, to name just a few of the wonderful things you should take the time to see.
Where to stay in Gay Prague
- Stay in the old town of Prague as this makes a good base to explore the city. Prague’s gay bars and clubs a little spread out, but most are within walking distance from the old town, and the others just a short taxi ride away.
The following Prague Hotels are close to the pride celebrations and Prague’s top attractions:
Gay Map of Prague
There is no main gay village or district in Prague. Instead the bars are spread out over town areas, mainly in the city centre and in the Vinohrady district.
Recommended Hotels in Prague By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Prague that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Location
Michelangelo Grand Hotel is conveniently located in the historic town centre, just a few steps from famous Wenceslas Square, in one of the most attractive areas of Prague. All major points of interest are located within easy walking distance. All rooms are equipped with stylish period furniture and feature anti-allergic bedding. Connecting rooms for large families
5 Star, Luxury
The 5-star boutique hotel Ventana enjoys a superb location next to the Old Town Square with the Orloj Astronomical Clock. It offers a rich breakfast and free internet. In the historic, Neo-Renaissance-style palace you can find elegantly furnished rooms with high ceilings and marble bathrooms. All air-conditioned rooms are also equipped with a minibar, a safety deposit box and satellite TV.
Hotel Seven Days
4 Star, Readers Choice
Set in a 19th-century building in the heritage-protected area, Boutique Hotel Seven Days is 200 m away from Prague National Museum. The restaurant features a winter garden and the bar has international TV channels. Offers luxurious, air-conditioned rooms with free wired internet access. Non-smoking and soundproofed. The bathrooms come with hairdryers and showers or bathtubs.
4 Star, Great Value
Hotel Rott is centrally situated on the historical Malé Naměstí (Little Square), next to the famous Old Town Square. It offers elegant, air-conditioned rooms and a modern restaurant. Free WiFi is available in the entire hotel. The Rott mixes its historic setting with modern rooms offering satellite TV and free WiFi internet access. A rich buffet breakfast is served every morning.
Video Of Prague Pride
Highlights from the Prague Pride parade as it makes its way through the streets of the city in August.