From: Monday, Aug 8th, 2022
To: Sunday, Aug 14th, 2022
A Pride – A Party – and a strong Political Message – Prague Pride! 2022
Among nations in Central and Eastern Europe, the Czech Republic stands out as being arguably the most gay-friendly, especially its endearing, pedestrian-friendly, and beautifully preserved capital city, Prague. The largest city of the Czech Republic, Prague has a visible and well-connected gay scene and is the site each summer of the Prague Gay Pride Festival, which takes place in mid-August.
Prague Gay Pride continues to show the way for Eastern European Nations attracting hundreds of thousands of partygoers each year in August. The event features a week long series of events, parties and activities ending with a colorful pride parade on the final Saturday of the festivities. The Pride Village hosts a week long series of concerts. Prague is a busy city, especially in the Summer. Stay in the old town close to all the city’s attractions and bars.
Rainbow Week Prague Pride Village 2022
- The Pride Village at Střelecký Ostrov will offer drag performers, concerts, picnics and more. Throughout the week there will be sport activities, DJs, stand-up comedy, and dance performances. The festival is open to anyone, and most events have free entry.
Prague Highlights 2022
- Prague Bear Summer hosts a series of events and parties including beach events sauna parties and bear nights.
- OMG Party Prague is hosted by the biggest party promoter in the city, OMG and is one of the biggest gay events in Central Europe.
- Pioneer Prague Official Prague Pride After party is a fun event in a unique location under the stars. Highly recommended.
Prague Pride Parade 2022
- On the final Saturday of Prague Pride, the main pride parade will leave from Wenceslas Square via Příkopy and Revoluční Streets across the river and ending at Střelecký Ostrov. The parade takes approximately 3 hours to make its way through the streets of the city from 2pm.
- At the end of the parade, the party continues in Střelecký Ostrov. Here you will find three DJ stages, plenty of beer, cocktails and great food, in the gay village.
Prague is a great city for sightseeing so as well as you have in mind for pride, try and take some time to see the some of what the city has to offer like Prague Castle, The Astronomical Clock, The Municipal House, Old Town’s Jewish Quarter and the Dancing Building, to name just a few of the wonderful things you should take the time to see.
Where to stay in Gay Prague
We have found that the best place to stay is in the old town of Prague as this makes a good base, the gay bars and clubs a little spread out, but most are within walking distance from the old town, and the others just a short taxi ride away,
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Prague
There is no main gay village or district in Prague. Instead the bars are spread out over town areas, mainly in the city centre and in the Vinohrady district.
Recommended Apartments in Prague
Michalska Old Town Apartment offers a balcony, air conditioning, free WiFi and flat-screen, a kitchen with a dishwasher, and a fridge, a living room and a dining area, 4 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms with a bidet and a shower.
The building built in 1352 which belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The apartment was designed by Wolf Design Studio. It features 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher, as well as a flat-screen TV.
3 & 4 Bedrooms
Riverview Old Town Apartment features river views and free WiFi. A living room with a flat-screen TV with DVD player, private bathroom with a hairdryer, and a kitchen with dishwasher are available in certain units.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Offering a minimalist décor, each apartment has satellite TV, and tea and coffee making facilities. Some units offer scenic views of Old Town Square, air conditioning and a balcony. With free Wi-Fi access and kitchen facilities
Video Of Prague Pride
Highlights from the Prague Pride parade as it makes its way through the streets of the city in August.
Recommended Hotels in Prague
We suggest staying in Prague Old Town. Hotels rooms can be quite small and book out early, so plan in advance. A taxi to the gay bars is less than EUR 10. Most of the city can be covered on foot.
5 Star – Large Rooms.
Situated right onopposite the , the uniquely styled hotel U Prince is housed in a completely renovated 12th-century building with magnificent
Boutique 7 Days
4 Star – Luxury Rooms
Set in a 19th-century building in the heritage-protected area, Boutique Hotelis 200 m away from Prague National Museum. The restaurant features a winter garden.
4 Star – Great Location
Hotelis centrally situated on the historical Malé Naměstí (Little ), next to the famous . It offers elegant, air-conditioned rooms and a .
4 Star – Modern Rooms
This4-star design hotel in the centre of is just steps away from and . It offers free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour fitness room.