From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Ottawa is awash with rainbows in February as part of the Winterlude celebrations, bringing a touch of sparkle to the annual winter festival.
- Stay close to the Winter Pride events at The Metcalfe Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, located close to all the Winterlude celebrations, with tastefully decorated rooms and suites, highly-rated breakfasts and complimentary hot chocolate, yum!
- Ottawa is home to some unique Winter festivals during Winterlude, a three-week series of events, parties, ice sculptures, skating and snow sports.
- WinterPride takes place during Winterlude and includes drag shows, theme parties and the Ice Parade. Highlights include:
Ottawa Ice Parade & After Party
- Awaiting dates – The Ice Parade, Canada’s first-ever Pride parade on ice, kicks off at 4 pm on the Rideau Canal Skateway near the Laurier Street Bridge.
- The parade ends at the Fifth Avenue Rest Area in The Glebe and features live music by guest DJs, local drag performers on skates and community groups.
- Players carry Capital Pride’s 30-foot Progress Pride Flag from Ottawa Pride Hockey as part of the parade.
- Sonder The O’Connor, is a “Fabulous” rated aparthotel with beautifully decorated suites featuring high-end amenities and perfect location close to the after-party.
- Awaiting dates – Enjoy a host of outdoor drag shows on Sparks Street throughout the Winterlude celebrations
- The pedestrian street will feature a unique drag stage and performance area with shows running throughout the day.
- Confirmed shows: February 10 (from 6 pm), February 11 (from 1 pm), and February 12 (From 11 am).
- Le Germain Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, with spacious rooms, a modern gym and perfect location. It is just steps from all the shows and events on Sparks Street.
Winter Pride Rainbow Ice Mosaic
- Awaiting dates – Winter blues got you down? A little cold weather is no excuse for missing out on the physical and mental benefits of moving your body.
- Join Capital Pride volunteers to create an ice mosaic using small coloured blocks of ice in the rainbow flag on Sparks Street.
- This event takes place from 11 am – 4 pm.
- Awaiting dates – Enjoy morning and evening ice skating with a rainbow twist.
- Lansdown Park – 4 pm to 7 pm Lace up your skates and join us at Optimist Park for public skating with local drag performers Devona Coe, Vera and Charli Deville!
- Vanier – 11 am to 2 pm, Lace up your skates and join in public skating with drag performers, music and hot chocolate!.
- Sparks Street was converted into an outdoor pedestrian street in 1967, making it the earliest such street or mall in Canada.
- The street runs from Elgin Street east to Bronson Avenue, one block south of Parliament Hill and is home to unique shops and bustling restaurants.
- Check out the top hotels close to Sparks Street, one of the top shopping streets in Ottawa.
- The Glebe hosts the official Winter Pride Parade after party, located just south of Ottawa’s downtown area in the Capital Ward.
- Adjacent to the Rideau Canal (host of most Winterlude events), the neighbourhood features independently-owned businesses mixed with fun entertainment.
- Check out the top hotels close to the Glebe.
Recommended Hotels in Ottawa
We have found hotels with good reviews that keep you close to all the action,
Fairmont Chateau, The Westin, The Metcalfe Hotel, The Business Inn
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
The Fairmont Chateau is where we
stay in Ottawa, close to the gay bars.
For further information and advice on
Ottawa Winter Pride visit The Website
The Ottawa gay scene is is quite small and its easy to get from one bar to another
Explore the best of LGBTQ Ottawa
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Ottawa that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness center and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include self parking, a business center, and conference space. All 115 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. Thoughtful touches include espresso makers and bathrobes, and guests will also find room service and LCD TVs.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness center and a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, a coffee shop/café, and valet parking. All 236 rooms provide free WiFi and free wired Internet, LCD TVs with satellite channels, refrigerators and coffee makers. Guests will also find pillowtop beds, iPod docks, and room service.
A restaurant, 2 bars/lounges, and a 24-hour fitness center are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a rooftop terrace, a coffee shop/café, and conference space. All 200 rooms provide free WiFi, room service, and TVs. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free local calls, and hair dryers.
A 24-hour fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a snack bar/deli are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, a business center, and dry cleaning. All 148 rooms offer free WiFi, premium bedding, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find coffee makers, hair dryers, and ironing boards.