From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Oakland Pride San Francisco 2022
Dedicated to celebrating the diversity of the city’s LGBTQ+ community, Oakland Pride is Northern California’s second largest Pride celebration after San Francisco.
Oakland Pride is a weekend of fun events including parades, concerts, parties, educational events, networking opportunities, and more.
Highlights include a rainbow filled pride parade, followed by a festival in Uptown Oakland, filling over six city blocks with live music, drag queens, art, food, vendors, rainbows, dancing, and amazing costumes.
Oakland Pride Parade
- On Saturday Oakland kicks off their annual Pride celebration with a Pride Parade at 11 am. The Pride Parade starts at Broadway & 14th Street (Oakland City Hall) and ends at Broadway & 20th Street at the Oakland Pride Festival Main Entrance.
Oakland Pride Block Party
- The block party takes place on Saturday and Sunday of the pride weekend. From 11 am to 7 pm each day expect a wide range of music, art, food and fun. Boasting four separate entertainment stages, Oakland Pride welcomes talent from the Bay Area and beyond. You can find the block party at Broadway & 20th Street (exit 19th St. BART Station)
Oakland, located in San Francisco’s East Bay, so cross the bridge once in a while and discover a unique and friendly gay scene this September. Oakland is a beautiful, eclectic, and diverse city with an inclusive feel and free spirit.
- Temescal – Temescal is a hip, lively neighborhood with a burgeoning arts scene, several coffee shops on Telegraph Avenue, and easy access to the local BART station. It has a great craft brew scene, plenty of restaurants, shops, and nightlife to enjoy, and friendly neighbors.
- Uptown – Though it’s called Uptown, this is actually the “downtown” area of Oakland. Broadway is the main drag, and the area is home to the Fox and Paramount theaters, numerous bars and eateries, and plenty of things to see and do. Uptown offers a lively dance floor, strong but reasonably priced drinks, live music, and the popular one off party events.
- Stay at the Moxy Oakland downtown, close to all the action and with a great fitness center and outdoor lounge.
- Hella Gay dance party takes place on the third Saturday of the month. During the Hella Gay dance parties, everyone is encouraged to, “dance, sweat, make connections, be sexy or silly, and have a blast.” At Uptown, chances are high that you’ll do exactly that.
- White Horse Bar – The White Horse Bar is an Oakland icon and has been a staple of the LGBTQ community in Oakland since the 1930s. It is one of the oldest continuously operating LGBTQ bars in the United States, and it welcomes customers of all ages. You won’t want to miss Tuesday’s karaoke nights!
San Francisco is split into several areas but the main 2 are The Castro and Soma, with Soma being the area the where you will find Folsom Street, and most of the leather and fetish bars. With there being so many gay bars we have had to put 2 maps in.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of San Francisco
We have divided the map into two areas, the Castro, San Francisco’s world famous gay district and SOMA, the are where the Folsom Street Fair takes place each September.
Map of Gay San Francisco (SOMA)
Map of Gay San Francisco (The Castro)
Recommended Apartments in San Francisco’s Castro
The apartment features 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
This 2-bedroom 2-bath house offers a formal dining room and a chef’s kitchen. It has a tropical-themed master-suite with a up-lit thatched ceiling, a multi-head glass enclosed rain shower
Heart of Castro
This 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom remodeled flat in Heart of Castro offers a terrace, a balcony and free WiFi. A living room with a TV and a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and Washing machine
The apartment features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, and a patio with city views. With a balcony and free WiFi
Recommended Apartments in San Francisco’s SOMA
This air-conditioned holiday home Villa near the waterfront is equipped with 3 bedrooms, a living room with cable TV, and a fully equipped kitchen with a washing machine & dishwasher. a bathroom with bath and shower featuring free WiFi,
Heart of Nob Hill
Absolutely the best location in San Francisco! Situated in Nob Hill one of the city’s most desirable neighborhood enclaves just steps away from Union Square, the Financial District, Chinatown, 3 Bedrooms and a fully equipped kitchen
This is spacious and bright Luxurious Victorian One Bedroom Apartment in San Francisco Historic District Large Living aria with Smart TV. Office space Full bathroom, Hard floor a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge.
The apartment is fitted with 1 bedroom, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine, a fridge and an oven. a fitness centre, free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk,
Video Of Oakland Pride Weekend
Oakland Pride 2018
Recommended Hotels in San Francisco
Stay close to Union Square and you will be close to all the main action and just a BART away from the gay bars and clubs of the Castro.
Palace Hotel, 5 Star
Famed bars, an awe-inspiring crystal chandelier restaurant, a fitness area and a glass dome indoor pool are featured at the Palace Hotel San Francisco
Hotel Zetta, 4 Star
Free WiFi, an iPod docking station, a portable wireless Bluetooth speaker, & double-panned windows for quiet & privacy are included in all guest rooms
The Marker, 4 Star
Offering French-inspired architecture, The Marker San Francisco, a Joie de Viver Hotel provides guests with an ideal city center location, eco-friendly
3 Star – For Shopping
This San Francisco hotel is located in Union Square, a 5-minute walk from the Powell Street cable car line. It offers an outdoor pool, close to all the bars