From: Friday, July 5, 2024
To: Friday, July 5, 2024
Mr Gay Spain – Mr Gay España 2024
Mr Gay España is a contest that celebrates its 17th edition during Madrid Pride and is one of the biggest nights of the week-long festivities.
- Enjoy some of the best views of the pride festivities in Plaza de España at the VP Plaza España design, rates “Wonderful” by guests with spacious modern rooms, highly-rated breakfasts and perfect location.
- The Mr Gay España contest hosts regional competitions to make the LGTBI community visible not just in the major cities but across Spain.
- Candidates are chosen from more than 15 different cities and towns throughout the year and make their way to the Spanish Capital for the final, held during Madrid Pride.
- The final is a spectacular production, taking place in the heart of Madrid, attracting more than 25,000 spectators.
- Enjoy live shows throughout the afternoon and into the night, celebrity guests and, of course, the sexy finalists performing various heats to become Mr Gay España 2024.
- Upgrade your Madrid Pride experience at the Palacio de Los Duques Gran Meliá, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, with luxurious amenities and some of the best rooftop pool views in the city.
- The final takes place in Plaza de España, Zona turística: Princesa, a 10-minute taxi ride or 15-minute walk from the gay district of Chueca.
- Plaza de España is a large square and popular tourist destination located in central Madrid, at the western end of the Gran Vía.
- The square features a monument to Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra and is adjacent to two of Madrid’s most prominent skyscrapers, which light up during the pride festivities.
Recommended Hotels in Madrid
The following Madrid hotels are all close to the city’s top attractions and the gay district.
Gay Map of Madrid
Most of the gay bars in Madrid are located in Chueca, the city’s gay village and epicentre of all Spanish gay life. Hotels here fill up fast, so book well in advance, especially for key events.
Recommended Hotels in Madrid By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Madrid that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- Small Luxury Hotel Member
- Iconic Views of Gran Via
- 8-minute walk to Chueca
- Fabulous Breakfast
- Superb wellness centre and sauna, glamorous original architecture and special extras, Nespresso coffee machines.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star central location
- Superb breakfasts
- 6-minute walk to Chueca
- Modern stylish rooms
- Spacious rooms have balcony views and the rooftop bar is perfect for pre-dinner cocktails and offers sweeping city views.
Iberostar Las Letras
4 Star, Great Value
- Design Hotel in historic building
- Rooftop pool and sundeck
- 8-minute walk to Chueca
- Large fitness area
- Charming hotels with high-ceilings and extra touches, including a library and suites with private jacuzzis.
Room Mate Oscar
3 Star, Location
- Popular gay-friendly hotel
- Superb roof terrace and pool
- Located in Chueca
- Stylish retro decor with character
- One of the most popular hotels in Madrid, with professional staff and a perfect location for exploring the gay district of Chueca.
Video Mr Gay Pride
Highlights from the competition finals in Madrid
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Madrid
Discover the vibrant spirit of Madrid, a city that embraces diversity and offers an inclusive escape for LGBTQ+ travellers, blending rich cultural heritage, lively nightlife, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. While Chueca is the primary gay area, other neighbourhoods in Madrid also offer a range of bars and clubs with different vibes and unique experiences worth exploring.
Chueca | Madrid’s Gay Village
- Chueca is located in the centre of Madrid, just north of Gran Vía and is the heart of Madrid’s LGBTQ+ community.
- The neighbourhood offers a colourful and lively ambience with many gay bars, clubs, and shops.
- It is celebrated for its inclusivity and hosts one of Europe’s biggest Pride festivals.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Chueca.
The bustling area is perfect for those who want to be close to major attractions and gay bars and clubs.
Hip neighbourhood with vintage stores & an artistic flair, trendy bars & cafes surround Plaza del Dos de Mayo