From: Saturday, March 18, 2023
To: Thursday, March 23, 2023
Bears Bears..everywhere – during Maspalomas Bear Carnival in Gran Canaria
The Bear Carnival in Maspalomas typically attracts thousands of guys from around the world hoping to escape Winter in the Northern hemisphere for 7+ days of fun in the sun with hot bears, otters and chasers!
- Book your hotel close to the Yumbo Centre early as this event is very popular.
Maspalomas Bear Carnival Weather
Let’s face it, by March, most of us are in need of some sun! Gran Canaria is a subtropical island. It enjoys dry, 20-25 °C weather in March. Have fun at the beach and pools with hundreds of bears, 3 months before Summer!
- Visiting for Bear Carnival? Check out the top 10 gay and gay friendly hotels in Gran Canaria.
Maspalomas Bear Carnival Program 2023
Awiting the full program for 2023, but you can expect the following program:
- The open-air terraces and clubs in the Yumbo are open and will host nightly events.
- The gay beach, promenades, shopping areas are also open, as is the rest of the island.
- Take the opportunity to explore Gran Canaria with some amazing tours from boat trips to whale watching.
- Don’t miss the Mr Bear Gran Canaria competition, the highlight of the week long event.
Day By Day Events & Day Trips
- Eac evening kicks off with a Bear Pub Crawl from 2o.00, Barenhohle, Barack’afe, Noxon, Kiki and Tom’s – Late night from 23.00 at
- Other highlights include an Aqualand Waterpark Trip, a Mountain Buggy Tour and Naked Boat Party
- Both the Basement Villas Pool, BBQ and the Axel beach pool party are two of the most popular events of the Bear Carnival.
The Yumbo Centre
- The Yumbo, the World’s biggest LGTB leisure centre is open and ready to party during the Maspalomas bear carnival.
- The Yumbo is an open-air gargantuan complex open twenty hours a day, every day of the year, with almost a hundred gay venues around a landscaped square.
- Check out our guide to gay Maspalomas, with tips on where to stay, dine and party.
The Gay Beach
- Bump into some furry friends on the Dunes of Maspalomas and the oasis inside them, maybe the World’s largest and most picturesque cruising ground.
- Head for “El Siete” gay beach (literally “Number Seven”), where hundreds of men are waiting for you in the Sun, with little or no clothing at all (I repeat, in Winter)… There’s even a bear zone, to the right!
- Stay close to the beach at the Riu Palace hotel with epic views, spacious rooms and superb service.
Bear Friendly Venues
The following venues are official supporters of the event and hosts of special parties and theme nights:
- Bärenhöhle – Meaning bear Cave, is one of the oldest gay bars in the Yumbo with a regular clientele.
- Bunker – Famous men only gay fetish and cruise club
- Barack’afe – Friendly bar with great atmosphere and camp music.
- Noxon – Kinky fetish bar with theme nights and cruising area.
- Tom’s – Popular cruising bar with dark room and smoking terrace.
- Kiki – Late night bar with cheesy pop late into the night.
Trending Maspalomas Hotels
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the the gay bars of Maspalomas:
Recommended Hotels in Maspalomas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Maspalomas that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Ofering an outdoor swimming pool, a garden and air-conditioned accommodation with a patio and free WiFi. Each unit comes with a sofa, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a well-fitted kitchen with a dining area, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with bathrobes. A dishwasher, a microwave, fridge, kettle & a coffee machine.
Bohemia Suites & Spa
5 Star, Adults Only
Offering large rooms with balconies, the adults-only Bohemia Suites & Spa features 1 freshwater outdoor pool and 1 saltwater outdoor pool and 2 outdoor jacuzzis. The stylish rooms feature yellow, terracotta or purple colour schemes with olive-wood furnishings. The rooftop restaurant offers creative local dishes and panoramic views & a terrace cocktail bar.
4 Star, Great Value
Located in Playa del Inglés. The complex features a swimming pool, 2 hot tubs, and free WiFi in all areas. Sol Barbacan offers a buffet restaurant and an a la carte restaurant, as well as a pool bar and an evening lounge with a terrace. Set in gardens, the complex includes minigolf and beach volleyball facilities. There is also a gym
4 Star, Adults Only
AxelBeach Maspalomas an outdoor pool, gym and tennis court. This gay and hetero-friendly, adults-only complex also has a hammam, hot tub and sauna. Opening onto terraces, the apartments have attractive, contemporary décor. All include air conditioning, a safe, free WiFi and a comfortable living area with a sofa and flat-screen satellite TV.
Maspalomas Bear Carnival
Bear Carnival 2015 presentation