From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
LeiBear Weekend 2024
LeiBear weekend is an annual 5 day event hosted by the Aloha Bears in Hawaii and is one of the busiest gay events taking place on the big island.
- The gay bars in Honolulu are conveniently centred in the Waikiki tourist district. Stay at Espacio, The Jewel of Waikiki, rated “Exceptional” by guests, offering superb suites and a stunning infinity pool with views of the beach.
- In the middle of the Pacific, on a beautiful chain of islands, there is a strong local not-for-profit community group called The Aloha Bears.
- There’s no winter in Hawaii, the bears skip hibernation and like to keep busy with variety of fun activities. Whether you’re a local or tourist, bear or not, Aloha Bears welcome everyone with open arms!
- LeiBear Weekend features pool parties, hiking, catamaran sailing, brunch, beach trips and more. Bears and their admirers fly in from all over the world.
- Discover the best of Gay Hawaii and the islands with our insider gay guide.
- Events typically kick-off with a Meet and Greet at Bacchus Waikiki from 7 pm.
- On Friday, head to Tapas Waikiki for the BILF Fetish Party from 9 pm.
- Saturday plays host to the Bears on the Beach Excursion to Secret Island from 9 am, followed by the Lei-a-Bear Dance Party at Atlas Honolulu.
- Sunday night enjoy Bearaoke Night at In Between; come sing your heart out or serenade the bear you met this weekend.
- Events end on Sunday with the Bear-B-Que Potluck at Fort Derussy Beach from midday.
The Bear Booze Cruise
- Sunday is unmissable, featuring the legendary Bear Boat Booz Cruise.
- Leave 12:30pm from Bacchus and walk to Waikiki beach departure behind Duke’s
- 90 minute catamaran cruise departs at 1:00pm with open bar on the boat.
- After the cruise, join us back at Bacchus for lunch (included in ticket price) and a few more drinks and fun.
- Bacchus Waikiki – Waikiki’s friendliest gay bar, welcomes all Oahu visitors for booze, music, food and fun. A Casual, natural wood-adorned gay bar offering daily drink specials & live DJs on weekends.
- Tapas Waikiki – A fun gay bar with DJs every Friday, and from June, every Saturday. Also hosts Fetish events and pool tournaments.
- In Between – Popular Karaoke Bar with nightly drink specials in a funky hideaway venue. Highly recommended.
- Atlas Honolulu – Atlas and Atlas Afterhours are two popular gay dance bars and a restaurant with top knotch DJs and a warm welcome.
- Fort Derussy Beach – A nice, less crowded beach close to the Waikiki area. The beach itself is sandy but gets rockier closer to the water. It also has a very large grassy park area, perfect for a beachside BBQ.
- Secret Island – The secret island is along Kaneohe Bay, and you can only get to it by going through the Kualoa Ranch. The Ranch is a 4000-acre private nature reserve and working cattle ranch on the windward side of Oahu.
Trending hotels in Hawaii
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Guides to Hawaii and the islands
- For more information, check out our full guide to the gay scene in Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu.
- Explore the other islands, including Maui, The Big Island and more.
Gay Map of Honolulu
Most hotels in Honolulu are clustered around the Waikiki Beach tourist hub so you can easily walk to all the main sights and the busiest gay bars in Honolulu are conveniently centred in the Waikiki tourist districts.
Recommended Hotels in honolulu
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com & Expedia
We have chosen hotels in honolulu that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Royal Hawaiian
5 Star, Pure Luxury
The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort is located in the heart of Waikiki and offers a fitness center, full-service spa, an on-property bakery, exclusive area on the beach
The Surfjack Hotel
4 Star, Readers Favorite
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Featuring an outdoor pool, the Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club in Waikiki offers vintage inspired bungalows and suites at affordable rates.
White Sands Hotel
3 Star, Best Prices
Every room at the White Sands Hotel features a private balcony with pool or city views. All rooms are non-smoking room and feature a 37-inch flat-screen LCD TV. A microwave and a small refrigerator are provided.
Castle Waikiki Shore
These apartments have a TV and A DVD player. Tennis courts are on site. A private terrace is included in each apartment with laundry facilities, Wired internet and a kitchenette.
Video Of LeiBear Weekend
The Aloha Bears & Bacchus Booze Cruise