From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
La Marche des Fiertés, Lyon Pride 2024
Each year Lyon celebrates a festive and colourful gay pride in an event that combines political action with a party atmosphere. The pride takes place on the second Saturday in June, each year.
- Are you visiting Lyon for Pride? Stay in La Presqu’île, home to the city’s bustling gay neighbourhood. Stay at the Maison Nô – Hôtel et Rooftop rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious rooms and a well-equipped gym and sauna.
- The Lyon Pride Parade, organised by The Lesbian and Gay Pride of Lyon, leaves Place Bellecour at noon.
- More than 20,000 people take part in the parade in a mix of marching groups and party floats with Djs, dancers and sexy guys.
- The parade takes a circular route through the city centre of Lyon starting at Place Geneviève Anthonioz de Gaulle, in Villeurbanne. It ends at the Parc de la Tête d’Or. The parade begins at noon.
Lyon Pride After Party
- The Parade takes approximately 2 hours to traverse the city streets. The Parade ends with an after-party on Place Bellecour, complete with bars, live shows and performances and a crazy foam party.
- Lyon is the foodie capital of France, complete with a Unesco Listed old town and a lively gay scene. I
- t is a university town with an international flair. Lyon’s gay bars and clubs are in the northern party of the Presqu’île, in the heart of the city.
- During Pride, the party spills out onto the terraces of the gay bars and the streets for a unique festive atmosphere.
- The following bars are some of the most popular in Lyon:
- La Ruche – The oldest gay bar in Lyon with the best outdoor terrace in the city, attracting a mix of guys.
- XS Bar – Popular beer bar with a lovely terrace and friendly staff. Hosts the Apero Bear party on Thursday evenings and is the home of the GrizzLyon Bear club.
- L’Étoile Opéra – Restobar with delicious charcuterie, superb Kir Royales and handsome burgers! Also host to large gay events during pride “Le Soirée Spéciale”.
- La Chapelle Café – Large terrace bar with younger guys and host of theme parties including “Back to School” and “Latin Rainbow” nights.
- It Bar – Late night gay bar with great 80s music.
- Le Broc Bar – Large outdoor terrace with cute guys, famous for people watching during the Summer.
- Drôle de Zèbre – Long term local favourite cafe bar with a nostalgic touch.
- Garçon Sauvage – Late night gay party held monthly and during Pride with a mix of music spread over two rooms and home to gogos, drag queens and bears.
- United Cafe – Oldest gay bar in Lyon with theme nights including Elecro Dance and Pop Crazy. Busy every night of the week, thanks to the local sexy student population.
- Factory Club – Saturday late-night party bar with sexy dancers, circuit boys, laser shows and more.
Cruising & Saunas
- Le Trou – Sexy club open from 2 pm to 2 am, free for those under 26 on Fridays and host of special theme nights including Nude Night, Blackout night and more.
- Le Sun – Europe’s Largest Gay Sauna and host of popular Sunday Foam party and regular Bear Party. Complete with maze, gym, pool and bar.
- DoubleSide – Popular sauna open every day with theme nights and, again, discounts for guys aged under 26.
We have chosen Hotels close to the gay bars that have high reviews,
Gay Map of Lyon
Most of Lyon’s gay scene is found in Vieux Lyon, on the presqu’isle bounded by Le Rhone and La Saone,around Place des Terreaux and the lower slopes of the Croix-Rousse, and almost all gay points of interest are within an easy ten-minute walk of each other.
Recommended Hotels in Lyon By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Lyon that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Luxury
All guestrooms at the property are soundproofed and have air conditioning. There is a TV with cable and satellite channels, while tea and coffee making facilities are provided. The private bathroom offers bathrobes, a hairdryer, slippers and free toiletries. A buffet breakfast with local produce is served every morning in the dining room.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Set in a historical building, with original features, Hôtel Silky offers accommodation with free WiFi in the heart of Lyon. This 4-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service. Guest rooms are equipped with a private bathroom and flat-screen TV. A safe and ironing facilities are available for free if you request them in advance.
4 Star, Great Value
Located in central Lyon, in a 19th century building. The hotel offers air-conditioned, art deco style rooms with free WiFi. Guest rooms at the Mercure Lyon Beaux-Arts are equipped with a satellite flat-screen TV and a minibar. Each room has an en suite bathroom with a bathtub or walk-in shower, and all rooms are serviced by a lift.
Hôtel Des Artistes
3 Star, Location
Hôtel Des Artistes is located in central Lyon, opposite the Place des Célestins and just 2 minutes’ walk from Place Bellecour. Free WiFi access is available. The air-conditioned guest rooms each have a private bathroom, a safety deposit box and a TV with Canal +, Canal Sport and CNN channels. 1 free bottle of water is provided in each room.
Video – Lyon Pride
Highlights of Lyon Gay Pride March