From: Friday, Oct 1st, 2021
To: Saturday, Oct 2nd, 2021
Iowa City Pride Festival 2021
50 years ago, a group of LGBTQI + students marched in the University of Iowa Homecoming parade which paved the way for Iowa City Pride.
Iowa City Pride Festival is one of the city’s most colorful events featuring Drag King and Queen pageant winner performances, local celebrity performers, live music, vendors of pride merchandise/arts and crafts/local business and action group promotions.
The event culminates in the Iowa City Pride Parade followed by the official Pride After Party.
The Main Parade
- The Main parade takes place on the Saturday of the event. The parade line up kicks off at 11am. From noon to 1pm floats and marchers will make their way through the streets of Iowa City, winding its way through downtown from Clinton and Jefferson to Gilbert and College. The parade ends at College & Linn.
Iowa Pride Fest
- The Pride Village opens from noon to 10 p.m. The festival features a full stage line up in the village on Washington. Guest performers, local celebrities, drag acts and tribute bands will take to the stage throughout the afternoon.
The Englert Civic Theater hosts a series of shows and performances throughout the weekend.
Gay Iowa City
Long lauded for its progressiveness, Iowa City attracts members of the LGBTQ community as a destination for its gay nightlife and multitude of cultural opportunities. As in most cities that have a major university, Iowa City has no shortage of lively bars, funky coffeehouses, and reasonably priced restaurants.
- Studio 13 (13 S. Linn St., 319-594-5198) is the official gay club of the city. The bar is right downtown, steps from the campus of the University of Iowa.
- Deadwood Tavern (6 S. Dubuque St., 319-351-9417) is an old-fashioned saloon with a few sidewalk seats, a cool jukebox, pool tables, and a mellower scene. The bar is gay friendly and very popular with gay locals.
- The cool indie bookstore, Prairie Lights (15 S. Dubuque St., 319-337-2681), which is open until 9 pm most evenings (till 6 on Sundays) and has a lively little cafe that serves good food, wine and beer.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of IOWA
Video Of Iowa City Pride Festival
IOWA CITY PRIDE 2018
Recommended Hotels in Iowa City
Graduate Iowa City
4 Star – Central Location
The elegant rooms at the hotel are styled with wood furniture and warm colors. Each includes a coffee maker, a work desk and lounge chair. Guests have free access to the state-of-the-art gym. A full-service business center with free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk
3 Star, Location
The rooms at the hotel are equipped with a seating area and a flat-screen TV. Guest rooms at Hotel Chauncey include air conditioning and a desk. Free WiFi is available and private parking can be arranged at an extra charge. Located in Iowa City, Iowa region,
Hyatt Place Iowa
3 Star – Great Amenities
Hyatt Place has a number of amenities including a restaurant, a fitness center, a bar and free WiFi. This 3-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk and luggage storage space. Guests can have a drink at the snack bar. A buffet breakfast is available every morning at the hotel.
3 Star – Cozy
Featuring an on-site indoor pool and hot tub, this Iowa City hotel is across the river from the University of Iowa campus. Each guest room comes equipped with free Wi-Fi and a 32-inch flat-screen TV. A microwave, fridge, tea and coffee-making facilities