From: Monday, November 20, 2023
To: Saturday, December 23, 2023
Hamburg Winter Pride 2023 A unique Gay Christmas Market
Year after year, the Hamburg Gay Christmas market attracts thousands of visitors with a cozy atmosphere and a series of entertaining stage shows.
- Visiting Hamburg? Stay in St.Georg, close to the gay bars with a wide range of hotels available. The Central Hotel, Bel Etage is rated “Superb” by guests with spacious rooms, delicious breakfasts and perfect location.
The Gay Market
- Hamburg Christmas Market is located close to the central station (exit Kirchenallee) in Hamburg´s gay district, St. Georg, on the corner of Lange Reihe/Kirchenallee.
- The market is open from noon until 10 pm, except on Fridays and Saturdays, when it closes at midnight.
- Enjoy a fun entertainment program on the weekends complete with live shows and drag performances.
- Various LGBTI associations support the Winter Pride and collect donations for their charitable work.
- The Christmas market is more of a social, gay and friendly place to mingle with just a dozen or so stands (a standard size Christmas market in German has over 150), but it does have some delicious food and drinks available and is the best place to connect with local gay guys during your visit.
The Main Market
- The main historical market takes over the large Rathausmarkt or town hall square in the centre of town. Here you will find traditional vendors, lots of entertainment and great food options including sit-down dining.
- Beautifully decorated stalls sell handmade toys, glassware, jewellery and a large variety of international delicacies. What’s more: Santa Claus regularly makes his appearance, hovering above the market in his sleigh.
- Stay close to the market at the Henri Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a modern gym, superb sauna and delicious breakfast, our top choice when staying in Hamburg.
Santa Pauli Market
- For something different check out the Santa Pauli Market on the Reeperbhan, Munich’s red light district.
- The adults-only pine forest offers strip shows and live music, sizzling with sensuality. It’s not just the traditional mulled wine that warms visitors from the inside!
- With a cup of Glühwein in the Adult Tent, visitors can browse gift stalls for spicy Christmas presents.
- Stay close to the gay parties and club bars, and the adult Christmas market at The Empire Riverside Hotel – a 4-Star “Fabulous” rated hotel with panoramic views, superb fitness centre and spa and just 100m from the harbour.
Hotels in St. Georg
St. Georg is home to 12 gay bars, all close together. Known as the red light area, St. Georg is home to older gay bars and cruising/leather venues.
- Hotel Wedina an der Alster – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, the three star hotel is renowned for its fantastic breakfasts, stylish rooms, great location and warm welcome.
- Le Royal Méridien Hamburg – 5 Star hotel with beautiful indoor pool, modern gym, located in the city centre on Alster lake with spectacular views.
Gay Map of Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area The other area is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs.
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Georgs
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Pauli
Recommended Hotels in Hamburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hamburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Behind its grand façade, the Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, provides spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TV and marble bathroom. Each floor is inspired by a different colour. Guests enjoy free use of the sauna. On site is also the Energy Clinic spa, which features an exclusive beauty salon and a gym overlooking the Außenalster Lake.
Le Méridien Hamburg
5 Star, Readers Choice
Rooms at Le Méridien Hamburg feature modern ambiance with either wooden or carpet flooring, elegant bathrooms with bathtub or shower, a flat-screen TV, air-conditioning as well as hot drinks facilities. Guests have free access to various online newspaper and magazines. Located in the city centre directly on the Alster Lake with spectacular views
4 Star, Great Value
Named after the German word for ruby and boasting a red theme throughout, the 4-star superior ARCOTEL Rubin offers free WiFi and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs. It lies in Hamburg’s lively St. Georg district, 500 m from Hamburg Central Station. Its air-conditioned rooms include soundproofed windows, leather furnishings and cordless telephones.
3 Star, Location
The individually designed rooms at the Hotel Wedina an der Alster are located in 4 colour-themed buildings (red, blue, green and yellow) and exude a love for literature. All rooms include free WiFi, wooden floors, a safe and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Located in Hamburg-St. Georg, just 150 m away from the Alster Lake
Video Of Hamburg Winter Pride
Video of the major Christmas Market in Hamburg!
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany, has a lively and diverse LGBTQ+ community, making it a welcoming destination for gay travelers and residents alike. The city offers a range of gay-friendly establishments, events, and resources.
St. Georg | The heart of Hamburg’s gay scene
- St. Georg is often considered the heart of Hamburg’s gay scene.
- This district is home to many gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The “Lange Reihe” street is particularly known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments.
- Discover the best things to see and do in St. Georg
A vibrant district with LGBTQ+-friendly venues, around the Reeperbahn area, known for its nightlife.
Staying in the heart of the city gives you easy access to major attractions, shopping districts, & upscale hotels.