From: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
To: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Halloween Carnival WeHO! Los Angeles 500,000 people take to the streets.
Latest Update – This event has been confirmed to return in 2023 after its 2022 cancellation. We await further updates relating to music, performances and stages.
The largest Halloween street party in the world happens in West Hollywood! Every year on October 31st, 500,000 people take to the streets of Santa Monica Blvd. to enjoy the wild costumes and uninhibited crowds at the West Hollywood Halloween Carnival.
- Visiting West Hollywood for Halloween ? Stay at the Andaz WEHO for epic views, hot guests and great after parties.
- West Hollywood’s Halloween Carnaval features live entertainment on multiple stages, food vendors, and photo stations; and the bars along Santa Monica Blvd. take part with drink specials and patio parties.
- Thousands of visitors are dressed in elaborate costumes. The competition is fierce, so dress to impress. Or just enjoy the spectacle and people watching!
- Visitors will encounter everything from life-size Stay Puft Marshmallow Men, to leather clad cowboys in just boots and a jock. In a city famous for special effects and movie magic, no costume is too fantastic, far-fetched or flimsy!
- It’s alive…it’s alive! Santa Monica Boulevard, that is. This stretch of Route 66 is one of the liveliest neighborhoods in L.A., and the epicenter of the city’s LGBTQ community.
- Even on a normal night, you can pretty much always count on a party on The Boulevard. Explore Boystown bars and clubs, amazing restaurants and tons of trendy shopping, all within an easy walk after the carnival ends. Many of the bars will host special after parties and Halloween themed events.
- Stay at the Santa Monica Proper Hotel, a design hotel in a 1928 landmark building with stunning rooftop pool rated “Fabulous” by guests.
Recommended Hotels in Los Angeles
The following hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and just a short ride to the gay bars of Weho:
Gay Map of Los Angeles
If you want to stay in the epicentre of gay Los Angeles, then West Hollywood has to be your preferred destination. However if you are in LA for any length of time, you will need a car. Freeways make it easy to get from one area to another.
Recommended Hotels in Los Angeles By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Los Angeles that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Beverly Hills Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
Known as “The Pink Palace,” this luxury hotel on Sunset Boulevard features full-service Spa and a beautiful outdoor pool. Bright and elegant rooms of The Beverly Hills Hotel feature marble bathrooms, TVs and minibars. Spacious suites pay homage to the legacy, while bungalows offer the true Hollywood experience inspired by their famous guests.
5 Star, Luxury
Established in 1975 on a palm-lined residential boulevard, L’Ermitage is a discreet, luxurious getaway located a stone’s throw from the beating heart of Beverly Hills. As the first all-suite hotel in the nation, L’Ermitage is committed to offering travelers 5-star service, excellence in hospitality, and spacious accommodations.
Sunset Marquis Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
The Sunset Marquis Hotel Los Angeles is located in the heart of West Hollywood. Hidden away in a tree lined cul-de-sac, it is just steps from the famed sidewalks of the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood. The property boasts 2 outdoor pools and an on-site restaurant. Villas at the property include unique amenities like private lifts
4 Star, Location
Offering a private rooftop with stunning views of Los Angeles, a saltwater pool and comfortable indoor/outdoor seating, this elegant 4-star hotel is within one kilometer of the Sunset Strip. Each spacious suite at Petit Ermitage is equipped with a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and iPod docking station
Video Of Los Angeles Halloween Carniva
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval 2017
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Los Angeles
The top five areas include West Hollywood (WeHo), Silver Lake, Echo Park, Downtown Los Angeles, and Long Beach. West Hollywood is renowned for its vibrant gay scene, with numerous bars, clubs, and LGBTQ+-centered events
West Hollywood | The Heart of Gay Los Angeles
- West Hollywood is renowned for its vibrant scene, welcoming atmosphere, and numerous gay bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- WeHo hosts their annual pride in early June and spectacular Halloween celebrations in October.
- The neighbourhood is home to some of the most iconic landmarks in the USA, including Santa Monica Boulevard.
- Discover the best things to see and do in West Hollywood
Northeast of WeHo, with a diverse range of bars, cafes, and boutiques with a more laid-back and hipster vibe.