From: Thursday, May 2, 2024
To: Monday, May 6, 2024
THE GREAT BRITISH BEAR BASH 2024
Boys, bears and lovers, hibernation is over! England’s biggest annual bear event, the annual Great British Bear Bash returns this Spring in Manchester.
- The Manchester Bears Bash takes place during one of the busiest long-weekend holidays of the year. Marking the start of the Spring/Summer season, hotels in the Canal Street area fill up fast, so book early.
The 2024 Theme
- Each year the bear bash changes the theme of the event.
- Awaiting confirmation of the theme.
The 2024 schedule is in development. Here is an outline of what you can expect. Note the edition typically runs from Friday to Bank Holiday Monday.
- Events kick off on Thursday with a welcome drink in Rem Bar and a chance to meet the Manbears team. Each night you can enjoy the After Party from 2am till close at The Eagle Bar.
- On Friday, start the evening with the Meet and Greet at The Cockatoo Club followed by the after party, DILF, at the Eagle.
- Saturday a full day from 12 pm with the fur fair at the Eagle offering a selection of food and accessories. Things heat up at the Bear Sauna at Basement from 1pm. The main party, Studio Fifty Paw takes over Cruz101 from 10pm.
- Sunday is like the biggest funday, ever! – with Sunday Service Xtra – 3pm to 5pm, The Eagle Bar, Rem Cabaret with Miss Penny – 6pm to 7pm followed by Super Beareoke – 7pm till close. Sub 101 hosts the closing cub night, Sex, Hugs, and Sausage Rolls.
- Stay close to all the events at the Leven Manchester, rated “Exceptional” by guests with modern decor, a bustling hotel bar and perfect location.
- Rem Bar – Classic modern decor, electric blue lighting with a dark and cruisy atmosphere. Popular with bears and men in leather.
- Cockatoo Club – Fun, warm & welcoming Cocktail & Cabaret Bar for all backgrounds. Unique Cocktails, Quiz Nights, DJs, Drag Queens, Live Music, Comedy and cocktails.
- The Eagle Manchester – Lively gay scene bar in an industrial basement setting, hosting DJs and drag shows.
- Basement Manchester – Large gay sauna in Manchester occupying the entire basement level of an old Victorian Mill.
- Sub 101 – Gay nightclub within an old warehouse, playing commercial sounds and cutting-edge dance/house.
- Cruz 101 – Cruz 101 (better known simply as Cruz) is a nightclub and music venue situated in Manchester’s Gay Village which is centred on Canal Street
Where to stay during Manchester’s Great British Bear Bash?
Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
The following Manchester Hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the gay bars and have high review ratings:
Gay Map of Manchester
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the centre of Manchester, Hotel Gotham is a 3-minute walk from Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre. It offers a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Serviced by a lift, all rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a telephone, a flat-screen TV, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom offers free toiletries, slippers and a bath or shower & bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting stunning rooms with contemporary décor, Velvet Hotel is on central Manchester’s vibrant Canal Street and a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. All rooms enjoy elegant furnishings and a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The modern bathrooms are equipped with steam-free mirrors and luxury toiletries. A fully-stocked minibar and hospitality tray.
4 Star, Great Value
In the heart of the city, ABode Manchester is a splendid 19th-century building with free Wi-Fi access. Piccadilly Rail Station is 3 minutes’ walk away. ABode Manchester’s double-glazed rooms offer monsoon showers and luxury toiletries. Guests can also enjoy an LCD TV, and free internet.
3 Star, Location
Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly is located a 5-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station, offering a central-city location, free WiFi and use of on-site bar One Lounge. The hotel offers rooms with an en-suite shower, flat-screen TV and a portable desk. The lounge and bar area serves a buffet breakfast.
Video Of Great British Bears Bash
Aaron, Chris and GBBB19
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.