From: Saturday, Nov 6th, 2021
To: Friday, Dec 31st, 2021
Glasgow Christmas Markets 2021
Christmas isn’t Christmas without a visit to the traditional markets of Glasgow for a gastronomic treat, a warming glass of festive cheer or a unique festive gift.
The much-loved Glasgow Christmas Markets encompass a variety of colorful stalls, offering a selection of gifts, artisan products and global cuisine set in a festive village of rustic cabins and stalls. Glasgow Christmas Markets can be found at St Enoch Square and St George Square.
A warm and welcoming bar will also add to the festive atmosphere in George Square offering a mix of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
St Enoch Square Christmas Market Opening Times
- Saturday 6th November – Tuesday 23rd December 9am – 10pm
- Visit St Enoch Square for a beautifully dressed Christmas village of over 50 seasonal chalets featuring local crispy duck rotisserie, bratwurst sausage, crepes, hog roast and much more.
George Square Christmas Market Opening Times
- Saturday 13th November – Friday 31st December 10am – 10pm
- George Square comes alive this Christmas with over 50 traders from across the globe, as well as closer to home, selling artisan products and high quality crafts. Plus, their stunning 15 meter Christmas tree is not to be missed! Don’t miss the official Christmas Lights Switch on!
- Take a slide down the vintage Helter Skelter, people watch from the vintage carousel or meet Santa at our much loved advent calendar each day when he hands out treats to the children. After all your browsing take a well-earned rest in one of the beautifully crafted authentic German bars, serving traditional beers and Glühwein – a festive favorite!
- If you like visiting museums and galleries, you’ll be spoiled for choice in Glasgow. Visit the festive exhibitions at the Pollock Country Park and the Mackintosh House.
Whether you’re shopping for a special gift or looking for a bite to eat, Glasgow’s Christmas Markets will be sure to please!
Where to Stay
- Stay at the CitizenM Glasgow located a short walk from the city’s LGBTQI+ district,a hip hotel that scores style points with iconic Vitra furniture in the lobby and Frette linen on the king size beds.
- Just a short walk from the gay scene you will find the four-star Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow cool and contemporary. It is home to modern eatery Grahamston Kitchen & Bar, which offers delicious dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Other facilities include a stylish bar, a 15-metre swimming pool, sauna and gym, and 247 rooms and suites in a choice of design styles.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Glasgow
Recommended Apartments in Glasgow
1, 2 Bedrooms
All apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. There is a lounge area in each apartment, containing a flat-screen TV. In the bedroom, guests will find en-suite facilities and an iron and hairdryer. Towels and bed linen are provided.
The Spires Glasgow
1, 2, 3 Bedrooms
Heart of Glasgow city centre, The Spires Glasgow offer fully serviced, luxury suites. Central Station & the main shopping district are within easy walking distance. Awarded 5 Diamonds from the RAC, Suites have contemporary features including a home entertainment system
Stunning City Centre
Stunning City Centre Apartment in Glasgow offers accommodation with free WiFi 200 m from George Square. The apartment has 3 bedrooms, a TV, an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a bath or shower.
City Centre Location
Air-conditioned accommodation with a patio and balcony with free WiFi. The apartment features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower.
Video Of Glasgow Christmas Markets
Glasgow Christmas Market (2018)
Recommended Hotels in Glasgow
4 Star – Central Location
Offering air-conditioned rooms in the Glasgow City Centre district of Glasgow, the rooms have a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom, The accommodation features a 24-hour front desk as well as free WiFi throughout the property
Voco Grand Central
4 Star, Luxury
Located at Glasgow Central Station, the award-winning voco Grand Central Glasgow is an iconic hotel set within the shopping district. It boasts a fine restaurant, free WiFi stylish bedrooms all feature a flat-screen TV, a laptop safe, fragrant toiletries
Motel One Glasgow
3 Star – Great Amenities
Boasting an excellent location in Glasgow city centre, Motel One Glasgow is next to Central Train Station and is only a 9-minute walk from George Square. At the hotel, every room is fitted with a desk and a private bathroom with a shower
4 Star – Perfect Location
Found in an Edwardian building formerly home to the Anchor Line Shipping Company’s headquarters, this city centre aparthotel is inspired by a 1920s ocean liner. With original 1906 features, there are glazed tiles, terrazzo flooring, timber wall-panelling,