From: Friday, December 1, 2023
To: Sunday, January 7, 2024
Glasgow Christmas Markets 2023
Christmas isn’t Christmas without a visit to the traditional markets of Glasgow for a gastronomic treat, a warming glass of festive cheer or a unique festive gift.
- Stay close to the markets at George Square. Enjoy a suite experience at the Native Hotel Glasgow, rated “Superb” by guests, just steps from the Christmas celebrations featuring spacious apartments in a restored Edwardian building.
- The much-loved Glasgow Christmas Markets encompass a variety of colorful stalls, offering a selection of gifts, artisan products and global cuisine set in a festive village of rustic cabins and stalls.
- Glasgow Christmas Markets can be found at St Enoch Square and St George Square. A warm and welcoming bar adds to the festive atmosphere in George Square offering a mix of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
St Enoch Square Christmas Market Opening Times
- 1st December 2023 – 7th January 2024 – Visit St Enoch Square for a beautifully dressed Christmas village of over 50 seasonal chalets featuring local crispy duck rotisserie, bratwurst sausage, crepes, hog roast and much more.
- Stay close to the markets at the “Superb” rated Grasshopper hotel, a stylish hotel offering excellent amenities and great location.
George Square Christmas Market Opening Times
- 17th November 2023 – 3rd January 2024 – George Square comes alive this Christmas with over 50 traders from across the globe, as well as closer to home, selling artisan products and high quality crafts. Plus, their stunning 15 meter Christmas tree is not to be missed! Don’t miss the official Christmas Lights Switch on!
- Take a slide down the vintage Helter Skelter, people watch from the vintage carousel or meet Santa at our much loved advent calendar each day when he hands out treats to the children. After all your browsing take a well-earned rest in one of the beautifully crafted authentic German bars, serving traditional beers and Glühwein – a festive favorite!
- If you like visiting museums and galleries, you’ll be spoiled for choice in Glasgow. Visit the festive exhibitions at the Pollock Country Park and the Mackintosh House. Whether you’re shopping for a special gift or looking for a bite to eat, Glasgow’s Christmas Markets will be sure to please!
Where to Stay
- Stay at the CitizenM Glasgow located a short walk from the city’s LGBTQI+ district,a hip hotel that scores style points with iconic Vitra furniture in the lobby and Frette linen on the king size beds.
- Just a short walk from the gay scene you will find the four-star Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow cool and contemporary. It is home to modern eatery Grahamston Kitchen & Bar, which offers delicious dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Other facilities include a stylish bar, a 15-metre swimming pool, sauna and gym, and 247 rooms and suites in a choice of design styles.
Recommended Hotels in Glasgow
The following hotels close to the city’s busy gay scene and the Christmas markets
Gay Map of Glasgow
Recommended Hotels in Glasgow By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Glasgow that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Apart Hotel
Found in an Edwardian building formerly home to the Anchor Line Shipping Company’s headquarters, this city centre aparthotel is inspired by a 1920s ocean liner. With original 1906 features, there are glazed tiles, terrazzo flooring, timber wall-panelling, fireplaces and even the original safes. With a 24-hour reception, concierge and on-site breakfast
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting a restaurant, fitness centre and views of city, situated in Glasgow, 800 m from The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. The property is located 2 km from Scottish Event Campus Glasgow, 2.4 km from Sauchiehall Street and 2.5 km from Glasgow Cathedral. The property features a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi is available throughout the property.
voco Grand Central
4 Star, Great Value
Located at Glasgow Central Station, the award-winning voco Grand Central – Glasgow is an iconic hotel set within Glasgow’s shopping district. It boasts a fine restaurant, free WiFi. The historic building dates back to 1883. And has original features including the grand staircase and the magnificent Champagne Central Bar with its domed ceiling and marble floor.
Motel One Glasgow
3 Star, Location
Boasting an excellent location in Glasgow city centre, Motel One Glasgow is next to Central Train Station and is only a 9-minute walk from George Square and Queen Street Train Station. At the hotel, every room is fitted with a desk and a private bathroom with a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries, a flat-screen TV and a safe.
Video Of Glasgow Christmas Markets
Glasgow Christmas Market (2018)