From: Friday, July 15, 2022
To: Sunday, July 17, 2022
Gay Wine Weekend 2022
The Gay Wine weekend is a celebration with new winemaker dinners, winery tours and events, benefiting Face to Face, Sonoma County AIDS Network.
Celebrate with world class wine and culinary delights, music and dancing in a private estate vineyard, VIP Receptions, wine tasting excursions, champagne brunch, wine auction and pool party in one of the most famous luxury wine destinations in the world.
- Enjoy 3 Full Days of LGBT events in Northern California’s magnificent Sonoma Valley – home to some of the world’s most prestigious wines and wineries.
- Twilight T-Dance
- Friday & Saturday After Parties
- Drag Queen Recovery Brunch & Auction
- Sunday Pool Soiree
The Host Hotel
- Stay at the host Hotel, The Lodge at Sonoma Resort, an Autograph collection property with an on-demand shuttle service, large pool and spacious rooms.
- For something a little closer to the town centre, consider the Ledson Hotel and Zina Lounge an exceptional 4 star venue with opulent rooms and great views in a historic location.
Getting to Sonoma
- Getting to Sonoma can be time consuming, but is so worth the trip! The closest airport is Santa Rosa (22 miles away from Sonoma) or you can also fly into one of three nearby international airports: San Francisco, Oakland or Sacramento.
- Even though San Francisco and Oakland are closer than Sacramento, we still recommend flying into Sacramento because it cuts down on the endless traffic and interchanges.
- There are plenty of shuttles, taxis, buses and limousine services to take you from the airport to your hotel, vacation home, spa, or bed-and-breakfast.
- Just 30 miles from San Francisco, one of the gayest cities in the world, Sonoma County features laid-back wine tasting, stunning beaches, river adventures, fine dining, charming towns, and a wide variety of nightlife.
- Gay and gay-friendly accommodations abound, and Sonoma Country’s reputation as an open place means gay travelers can explore the wonders of Wine Country and be welcomed.
- Sonoma County is also home to a number of gay-friendly wineries like DeLoach Vineyards and Francis Ford Coppola Winery, among many others. In fact, most wineries in Sonoma County are gay-friendly, which goes a long way toward explaining why this wine region has been named one of the country’s top 20 gay tourist destinations.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Guerneville, Russian River
Video Of Gay Wine Weekend
What is Gay Wine Weekend?
Recommended Hotels in Russian River
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Russian River that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & fun
The Woods Hotel
Gay LGBTQ Cabins
This smoke-free hotel features an outdoor pool, a meeting room, and a garden. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include barbecue grills and a picnic area. All 19 rooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, plus balconies or patios and TVs with cable channels.
West Sonoma Inn
3 Star, Stylish
An outdoor pool, concierge services, and tour/ticket assistance are available at this hotel. Free self parking. Additionally, a garden, barbecue grills, and a picnic area are onsite. All 33 rooms feature comforts like premium bedding and down comforters, refrigerators and microwaves. Free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with cable channels.
Lovely Tudor Home
Highland Manor is a large Tudor-style home with a separate cottage and a Pool and Spa that will accommodate a family get together or group retreat of up to 12 people. It is nicely furnished for your pleasure and comfort with classic hardwood and tiled floors throughout. Offering 5 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms
Home in the Trees
3 Bedrooms+ Pool
Fun in the sun awaits here at Hank’s Hideaway, a great retreat for families and groups of friends! Everyone will love the private location, yet this home is still within walking distance to downtown Guerneville and Johnson’s Beach! Capturing s a youthful charm with new furniture and decor, burgers sizzling on the BBQ as you soak in the private hot tub. Dog-friendly