From: Saturday, June 24, 2023
To: Saturday, June 24, 2023
Pride Edinburgh 2023
Pride Edinburgh is Scotland’s biggest gay festival. Events begin with the Annual Pride Scotia March with more than 10,000 participants. The parade is followed by a pride day of parties, activities and fun.
- Visiting for Pride? Stay close to all the gay bars and clubs and the pride events on Princess Street. The Kimpton, Charlotte Square is a “superb” rates hotel with a great spa and its dog-friendly!
Edinburgh Pride Parade & Route
- June 24th 2023 – The parade route takes place south along Horse Wynd from 12pm, turning Right into Queens Drive, then Right into Holyrood gait, then Left in Holyrood Road, ahead directly into the Cowgate, along the Cowgate, turning left into Candlemaker row, continuing ahead in Bristo Place, left into Potterrow.
- The March Arrives in EUSA whilst vehicles continue to Charles Street entrance.
- At 13:00 the march Arrives at Teviot Row House and Potterrow Dome where pride day events commence.
Pride Day Events
- As the parade ends, events begin at both Teviot House and Potterrow with a full programme of entertainment including a wellbeing fair, family entertainment and ceilidh dancing.
- Other activities include a Youth Space, Trans space and community entertainments from Local Choirs.
- Don’t miss the Edinburgh DILF party when its in town. They hosts regular event throughout the year including a special Pride party.
Gay Edinburgh Events
Many of the city’s gay bars and clubs host special pride themed parties on the weekend of the pride march. Edinburgh has a vibrant gay scene “the Pink Triangle,” centered around the top of Leith walk, just off Princes Street.
- CC Blooms on Greenside Place is a landmark on the Edinburgh gay scene for over 20 years, offering a range of dishes in its elegant upstairs diner. In the evening it becomes a vibrant cocktail bar with a buzzing downstairs dance floor and free entry.
- The Street is just along the road – a classy gay-friendly bar offering a wide selection of cocktails and a tasty menu of burgers, wraps and nachos. Themed nights and pub quizzes take place during the week.
- The Regent on Montrose Terrace claims to be ‘the best real ale gay bar in Edinburgh’, serving up a great range of beers and ales.
- Café Habana on Greenside Place is a vibrant, atmospheric bar with good value drinks accompanied by pop tunes.
- Planet Bar is also nearby on Baxter’s Place, and offers comfy seats and a pool table plus quizzes and karaoke on certain nights.
Where to stay during Edinburgh Pride
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to the city’s major attractions, the pride march and the bars and clubs:
Map of Edinburgh
Edinburgh has a vibrant gay scene “the Pink Triangle,” centered around the top of Leith walk, just off Princes Street, Edinburgh’s main thoroughfare. All the bars and clubs are in easy walking distance. The city has more in common with European cities than other cities in the UK so around the city is a cafe culture. Here you will find a gay-friendly relaxed atmosphere.
Recommended Hotels in Edinburgh By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Edinburgh that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection is a modern 5-star boutique hotel set behind the historic facade of 172-year-old Lady Glenorchy Church. Each bedroom has floor-to-ceiling windows, with views of the roof terrace or Edinburgh city centre. Luxurious touches include a flat-screen TV, Nespresso coffee maker, an iPod docking station, a free newspaper
The Balmoral Hotel
5 Star, Readers Choice
Located on Princes Street, The Balmoral has a Michelin-starred restaurant, a pool and a gym. Waverley Station and Edinburgh’s main shopping area are within 5 minutes’ walk. First opened in 1902, The Balmoral now offers rooms with a spacious marble bathroom and an interactive TV. Many rooms have views towards Edinburgh Castle and the Old Town.
Courtyard by Marriott
4 Star, Great Value
Courtyard by Marriott Edinburgh offers a prime location. It offers complimentary WiFi, an on-site bar and free access to the gym. The spacious, modern rooms feature locally-inspired furnishings and quality amenities, such as a flat-screen TV, plush bedding, and a work desk. Each bathroom comes with a shower and complimentary toiletries.
4 Star, Location
In Edinburgh’s vibrant city centre, Hotel Indigo Edinburgh offers stylish rooms with work areas. Featuring a fitness centre and free WiFi, the hotel is a 5-minute walk from Princes Street and St Andrew’s Square. The bedrooms each have a flat-screen satellite TV. Air conditioning, and a bathroom with a rainfall shower, integrated speakers and Aveda toiletries.
Edinburgh’s Pride Video