From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival 2024
The Florida aids walk marks the arrival of Springtime with a 5k walk followed by a day of concerts with DJs, drag shows and live performances.
- Visiting Fort Lauderdale? Stay close to the park at the Hotel Maren Fort Lauderdale, a “Superb” rated 4 star hotel, right on the beachfront with spacious rooms and a beautiful rooftop pool.
- Awaiting dates and details for the next event.
- Walkers raise funds for local Aids service organizations during the 5k walk, taking in some of Fort Lauderdale’s best views. The walk typically begins at 10am.
- The Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival features food trucks, bars (with alcohol and non-alcoholic options), and an epic concert! The concerts kick off from 11 am approx.
- Visit the selfie spot with fun photo opportunities for you and your friends. You can also visit the Memory Wall to reflect and remember those lost to HIV/AIDS.
- Proceeds raised from the walk and festival go to local AIDS service organizations such as the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AFH) who do important work in their communities every day. Be sure to visit the beneficiary organizations’ tents to learn more about their services in the community, as well as our sponsor tents for goodies and swag.
- Check out our insider guide to the best places to stay and play including the top bars in Wilton Manors.
- Scehdule for 2024 subject to confirmation.
- 8:00 AM – Check-In Open and DJ on stage
- 9:30 AM – Opening Program
- 10:00 AM – Walk
- 11:30 AM – Live Performances
- 1:30 PM event close
- Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Park plays host to the event on Seabreeze. Beach park is a scenic strip of sand where the light blue hues of the Atlantic Ocean create stunning vistas.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Park runs along the eastern strip of the municipality, between Las Olas Beach and the Harbour Isles of Fort Lauderdale. The beach is a scenic 20 minute walk from the gay Sebastian Street Beach.
Where to stay in Fort Lauderdale?
The following hotels are close to the beaches and a short tide to Fort Lauderdale Beach Park.
Discover more of Fort Lauderdale:
Gay Map of Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale has gay establishments cater to a broad cross-section of the gay world, with a good selection of gay resorts at Fort Lauderdale Beach, two blocks off the ocean, but within easy walking distance of sand and surf. The gay beach is opposite Sebastian Street, just north of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. The nearby gay district of Wilton Manors is where the nightlife is busiest.
Recommended Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Fort Lauderdale that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Pelican Grand 5 Star
Close to Wilton Manors
This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean, Pelican Grand Beach Resort features an oceanfront pool, private beach, and lazy river tubing ride. Oceanfront dining and a poolside cocktail are available. Very popular.
Atlantic Resort & Spa
5 Star – Beachfront
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. The luxurious Atlantic Hotel & Spa is located on Fort Lauderdale Boulevard adjacent to white, sandy beaches. Bonnet House Museum and Gardens is 1.3 km away from the beachfront resort.
Sonesta 4 Star
This property is 5 minutes walk from the beach. Located opposite Fort Lauderdale Beach, this hotel features an on-site restaurant and a heated outdoor pool. Free WiFi is provided in every room, and Wide windows with an ocean or park view.
The Grand Resort & Spa
3 Star, All Male Resort
Every room at this resort is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV and safety deposit box. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries, and a hairdryer. Relax at the on-site spa, which offers massage services, a hair studio, and nail care services. Free WiFi and free private parking
Video of Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival
Highlights of the event by OutClique Magazine