From: Saturday, June 1, 2024
To: Saturday, June 1, 2024
Ferndale Pride Detroit 2024
Ferndale Pride draws more than 15, 0000 visitors to the district with a day long street fair in one of Detroit’s top gay neighborhoods.
- Stay Downtown close to the city’s top attractions and take a rideshare to Ferndale. The Detroit Foundation Hotel is rated “Superb” by guests, full of charm and character with spacious rooms, a gym and perfect location.
The Ferndale Pride Street Fair
- Get that Small city feeling at Ferndale Pride, the heart of Detroit’s gay community.
- Ferndale Pride street fair has over 180 booths as vendors and sponsors create a festive mood. The Main stage entertains visitors with international acts and the dance stage keeps the crowd boogying with Detroit’s best DJS late into the evening.
- The festival is spread out over Ferndale to include, West Nine Mile Road between Woodward and Livernois avenues and portions of Planavon and Allen streets near West Nine Mile.
- The fair runs from 1pm to 10pm on the Saturday of the Ferndale pride weekend.
- Proceeds from Ferndale Pride benefit Affirmations, Ferndale Community Foundation, Gender Identity Network, Matrix Human Services MAC Health, Transgender Detroit and Transgender Michigan.
Other Activities and Events
- Several events take place in the weekend leading up to Ferndale Pride including the Hot daddy contest at Soho, a flag raising ceremony at City Hall and a 5km rainbow run.
- Numerous downtown restaurants and merchants will provide promotions and specials.
- Thots and Prayers host a two day circuit event with CircuitMom during the pride weekend.
- Rosie O Grady’s Drag Brunch on Sunday is the perfect way to finish off a weekend of Fun.
- MotorBall has previously taken place during Ferndale Pride.
- Ferndale is well-known as the most LGBTQ-friendly neighborhood in metro Detroit, with many LGBTQ organizations, businesses and residents.
- The Ringwald Theatre on Woodward Avenue is the Detroit area’s LGBTQ-identified theater troop. Restaurants such as Rosie O’Grady’s, Assaggi Bistro, The Emory and Woodward Avenue Brewers, Ferndale Project and others often host fundraisers and events for LGBTQ groups. Soho bar is a great place for LGBTQ people to relax and meet for a drink.
- Ferndale’s downtown area is charmingly walkable, and you are sure to run into friendly local residents on their way to dinner, a shop or a show. Note the many rainbow flags flying in front of homes and businesses through the town.
- Stay close to Ferndale at the Hotel Royal Oak, . Alternatively stay in downtown Detroit and take a ride share. Its about 14 minutes drive to Ferndale.
Trending Hotels in Detroit
The following Detroit hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are located in the Downtown district. Ferndale is a 17 minute drive from Downtown.
Recommended Hotels in Detroit By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Detroit that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star – Central Location
Featuring an on-site casino, Topgolf lounge, luxury spa and indoor infinity-edge pool, this MGM Grand offers on-site dining and live entertainment in Detroit, Michigan. Every room at MGM Grand Detroit provides a 50-inch flat-screen HDTV with premium cable channels and complimentary bottled water. Private bathrooms offer spa-inspired showers with rainfall shower heads.
The David Whitney
4 Star, Luxury
Located in the David Whitney building in downtown Detroit, this hotel features a bar and lounge for guests to relax, a fitness centre and free high speed WiFi. Less than 500 km from The Fillmore. A 42 inch flat-screen TV and beds with pillowtop mattresses are included in every room at the Aloft Detroit at David Whitney. Amenities like a coffee maker, refrigerator and desk are provided for guests’ convenience.
3 Star – Great Amenities
This downtown Detroit hotel offers on-site dining and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Just a 7-minute walk from MGM Grand Detroit Casino, the hotel provides free WiFi. A 32-inch flat-screen cable TV with HBO and video games is featured in the contemporary rooms at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Detroit Downtown – Fort Shelby. There is also a coffee maker, desk and safe.
Atheneum Suite Hotel
3 Star – Perfect Location
This Detroit hotel is located in the Greektown District, next to the. The all-suite hotel offers free WiFi, free area 42-inch flat-screen TV and MP3 docking station in every . areas and room service during select hours are also available. A refrigerated mini-bar and in-room safe are available in all rooms.