From: Monday, Nov 22nd, 2021
To: Sunday, Jan 9th, 2022
Els llums de Sant Pau
Barcelona Christmas Garden 2021
Get aboard to experience a magical journey and let yourself be enchanted by Christmassy splendor at the Els Llums de Sant Pau. Visit in the evening from 6 pm to 10.30 pm at Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau in Barcelona.
- As twilight falls, the magic begins … The sensation is perfect: because Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau is transformed this winter into Els Llums de Sant Pau – an illuminated fairy-tale scenario with Christmassy plays of light, impressively staged architecture and fanciful illuminations.
- The Christmas Garden has already celebrated overwhelming success in Germany in the Botanic Garden Berlin since 2016, followed by the German cities Stuttgart, Dresden and Münster. In 2021, more magic new Christmas Garden locations will open up and spread their sparkling lights in Germany, England and Spain.
- On an approximately 1.5 kilometre long trail, families, friends and couples can spend a romantic and enjoyable evening. Millions of light points illuminate the dark season and immerse the world renowned UNESCO World Heritage site into a magic blaze of lights!
- Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau presents itself to its guests during seven festive weeks after dark in a way that this Barcelona jewel has never been experienced before! Els Llums de Sant Pau offers a decelerated break, away from the Christmas hustle and bustle and focuses on the contemplative aspects of the most festive period of the year.
Christmas in Barcelona
- Barcelona hosts some stunning Christmas markets at the foot of the Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Enjoy the Christmas Experience without the chills as you sip hot wine and shop for gifts while a enjoying fine, sunny Mediterranean Winter escape.
- The Christmas Garden is a 10 minute drive from Barcelona’s gay district Eixample.
- Stay close to the Garden at the Leonardo Boutique Hotel Barcelona Sagrada Familia. The hotel is well connected to the excellent Barcelona Metro putting you just 10 minutes from most of the city’s major attractions.
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- The former Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in the neighborhood of El Guinardó, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, is a complex built between 1901 and 1930, designed by the Catalan modernisme architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. Together with Palau de la Música Catalana, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
The following hotels and apartments are close to the gay neighbourhood:
Gay Map of Barcelona
The gay district of Barcelona is located in the city’s Eixample district, known locally as “Gaixample”. Here you will find most of the gay bars, clubs and restaurants. It is quite compact and easy to navigate. There are also lots of hotels and apartments available in this area.
Recommended Apartments in Barcelona
Sleep 4 Guests
Each air conditioned apartment is equipped with a balcony, a fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, a living room with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower. Free WiFi.
Sleeps up to 6 Guests
Offers air conditioned apartments with a living area a flat-screen TV and sofa. Each has a kitchen, complete with a washing machine. private bathroom with a bath or a shower and balcony or terrace. Free WiFi.
Sleeps 6 Guests
This modern apartment with air conditioning has 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a flat-screen TV. A full kitchen with a dishwasher. A bathrooms, furnished terrace with city views. Free WIFi
Sleeps 6 Guests
The apartment features a spacious living room & dining area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. A balcony. A full kitchenette with a washing machine & coffee machine. 3 Bedrooms & a bathroom with shower. Free WIFi
Video Of Barcelona Christmas Garden
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com & Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Barcelona that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
El Palace, 5 Star
Old World Charm
Hotel El Palace Barcelona is located in Eixample District, close to the Ramblas, the main shopping area and Barcelona’s main tourist attractions. It offers a Mayan-style luxury spa. A limousine service with a chauffeur is available on request.
H10 Metropolitan, 4 Star
Great chill out pool
Featuring a rooftop terrace with a bar and chill-out pool, H10 Metropolitan is located in Barcelona, 90 m from Plaça Catalunya. It offers a tapas restaurant and free WiFi. Each room has a flat-screen satellite TV, air conditioning, coffee machine and a minibar.
Catalonia Plaza, 4 Star
Great Value for money
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña offers an outdoor pool and stylish, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. It is housed in a Modernist building 50 m from Barcelona’s Plaza Catalunya. The hotel serves a continental buffet breakfast
Hotel Cram, 4 Star
Stylish- Perfect Location
Hotel Cram is set in Barcelona’s central Eixample district, a 10-minute walk from Plaza Catalunya. It features a rooftop pool with city views and the Two Michelin Stars Angle Barcelona restaurant. All rooms have free WiFi
Gran Hotel Calderón
5 Star, Luxury
A restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a poolside bar, and a snack bar/deli are onsite. All 255 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and 24-hour room service
5 Star, Great Views
A restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a rooftop terrace, coffee/tea in a common area, and spa services. All 211 soundproofed rooms feature WiFi & pillowtop beds
5 Star, Readers Choice
A full-service spa, a restaurant, and a fitness center are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop/café are onsite. All 275 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and 24-hour room service.
4 Star, Modern Classic
Along with a 24-hour fitness center, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a poolside bar. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a rooftop terrace, a 24-hour business center, and self parking. All 126 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars.
Why you may want a car in Barcelona
Barcelona is an amazing city and there is a lot to do and see. But don’t forget that there is much more to discover just outside Barcelona.
A 46 min drive puts you in Sitges the famous gay town with its gay beaches and over 20 gay bars.
A 1 h 6 min drive and you are at Montserrat with its Basilica and Monastery. There are many activities to choose from. You may want to see the Black Madonna, visit the Museum, make your way to the Holy Cave, ride a funicular to the top of the mountain, or shop at the farmer’s market. If you have the opportunity, take in a performance by l’Escolania de Montserrat, the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe.
A 1 h 30 min drive takes you to The Historic City of Girona with its museums, galleries, Gothic churches and charming little bars and restaurants.
A 1 h 18 min in the car and arrive in Tarragona. The city is home to one of the most important and best preserved Roman archaeological sites in Spain, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.