From: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
To: Sunday, January 14, 2024
Els llums de Sant Pau
Barcelona Christmas Garden 2023
Experience the Christmas splendor of the “Els Llums de Sant Pau”, a magical journey through Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau, a stunning art nouveau complex & former hospital with mosaics, stained glass & gardens.
- The Christmas Garden is a 10 minute drive from Barcelona’s gay district Eixample. Stay close to the Garden at the Leonardo Boutique Hotel Barcelona Sagrada Familia. The hotel is well connected to the excellent Barcelona Metro putting you just 10 minutes from most of the city’s major attractions.
- As twilight falls, the magic begins. Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau is transformed into “Els Llums de Sant Pau” – an illuminated fairy-tale scenario with Christmassy plays of light, impressively staged architecture and fanciful illuminations.
- The Christmas Garden has already celebrated overwhelming success in Germany in the Botanic Garden Berlin since 2016, followed by the German cities Stuttgart, Dresden and Münster.
- Families, friends and couples can spend a romantic and enjoyable evening along the 1.5 kilometre-long trail.
- Millions of light points illuminate the dark season and immerse the world renowned UNESCO World Heritage site into a magic blaze of lights!Els Llums de Sant Pau offers a decelerated break, away from the Christmas hustle and bustle and focuses on the contemplative aspects of the most festive period of the year.
- Visit in the evening from 6 pm to 10.30 pm.
Christmas in Barcelona
- Barcelona hosts some stunning Christmas markets at the foot of the Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Enjoy a German Christmas Experience without the chills as you sip hot wine and shop for gifts while a enjoying fine, sunny Mediterranean Winter escape.
- Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the neighborhood of El Guinardó.
- The former hospital and complex was built between 1901 and 1930, designed by the Catalan modernisme architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner.
- Sant Pau is home to some superb Apartment options, just a short walk away to the famous Sagrada Familia.
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
The following hotels and apartments are close to the gay neighbourhood and just a short drive or metro to the Christmas Gardens.
Gay Map of Barcelona
The gay district of Barcelona is located in the city’s Eixample district, known locally as “Gaixample”. Here you will find most of the gay bars, clubs and restaurants. It is quite compact and easy to navigate. There are also lots of hotels and apartments available in this area.
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Barcelona that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
El Palace, 5 Star
Old World Charm
Hotel El Palace Barcelona is located in Eixample District, close to the Ramblas, the main shopping area and Barcelona’s main tourist attractions. It offers a Mayan-style luxury spa. A limousine service with a chauffeur is available on request. Stylish air-conditioned rooms with classic decor, satellite TV, desk, minibar and a private bathroom
H10 Metropolitan, 4 Star
Great chill out pool
Featuring a rooftop terrace with a bar and chill-out pool, H10 Metropolitan is located in Barcelona, 90 m from Plaça Catalunya. It offers a tapas restaurant and free WiFi. Each room has a flat-screen satellite TV, air conditioning, coffee machine and a minibar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and bathrobes.
Catalonia Plaza, 4 Star
Great Value for money
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña offers an outdoor pool and stylish, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. It is housed in a Modernist building 50 m from Barcelona’s Plaza Catalunya. The hotel serves a continental buffet breakfast with show cooking and it includes a wide variety of regional products and home-made cakes.
Hotel Cram, 4 Star
Stylish- Perfect Location
The Cram Hotel is located in a building that dates back to 1892 and features a modernist façade, and a modern, elegant interior. Rooms boast advanced lighting and access control technology. The air-conditioned rooms a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Rooms feature beds by Treca de Paris, and elegant curtains by Gastón y Daniela.
Video Of Barcelona Christmas Garden
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Barcelona
Barcelona is known for its diverse and vibrant LGBTQ+ community, and there are several popular gay neighbourhoods that offer exciting experiences. Here are five of the most well-known gay neighbourhoods, each with its own unique charm and attractions
Eixample | Close to the city centre
- Located to the northeast of the city centre, Eixample is one of Barcelona’s most famous gay neighbourhoods, often referred to as “Gaixample”.
- The neighbourhood is home to numerous gay-friendly hotels, gay bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- One of the most popular attractions in Eixample is Antoni Gaudí’s modernist building, Casa Batlló.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Barcelona
Raval has a bohemian atmosphere with an alternative gay scene and is home to Barcelona’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
The gothic quarter offers a mix of historic charm, trendy shops, and an inclusive atmosphere in the heart of the city.