From: Wednesday, March 13, 2024
To: Sunday, March 17, 2024
North America’s most intimate and stylish Ski Week 2024
Mammoth Gay Ski week is a five-day ski and snowboard event that overtakes the small town of Mammoth Lakes and celebrates queerness in the rugged Sierra Nevada. Mammoth Ski week draws close to 2,500 participants every year.
- As with all ski weeks, the host hotel is the first to book out. The Village is a charming hotel with the perfect location. Fortunately Mammoth is home to some charming condos and villas, but book early.
- Mammoth Lakes, California is a vacation destination with a rich history. Around 8,000 people call Mammoth home, with many visitors staying for months at a time to get their fill of this beautiful town.
Getting to Mammoth
- Most visitors arrive by air to Mammoth Lakes Airport with daily winter flights available via San Francisco, Denver and Los Angeles. The airport is 11 minutes by car to Mammoth Lakes.
- The drive to Mammoth is truly spectacular and depending on driving conditions it can take: 4.5 hrs from LA or Vegas, 6 hrs from San Francisco, 6.5 hrs from San Diego and 3 hrs from Reno. Search for the best flights now.
- Elevation Mammoth Gay Ski Week includes a wide range of activities and parties. There’s an event to suit every taste. Start out the day with Ski & Ride Hookups to meet new riding buddies, or take it easy with brunch.
- Snow-cat Dinner @ Parallax – A luxury snow cat ride up the mountain and then a gourmet dinner at Parallax at mid-mountain,
- The Party at 10,000 Feet – Take a night-time ride in the gondola up the dark mountainside to the annual mountain-top tea dance and AVALANCHE the main Saturday event with world famous DJs.
- Nightly Circuit Parties including Glow (Friday) and Gear (Saturday). Other memorable moments include the Rainbow Run and the Onesie party.
The Apres Ski
- When you come to Elevation, you also get more options than just big dance parties. The signature apres-ski events are more social, “cocktail-oriented” events, where you can meet (and buy drinks for) friendly guys from all over the country and all over the world.
- Fresh off the slopes, margarita in hand, flushed and tan from a sunny day of amazing snowboarding – those are some of our favourite moments. In fact, Mammoth’s exuberant après-ski parties are one of the most legendary of all ski weeks we have attended.
Popular Venues during Mammoth Gay Ski Week
- Shelter Distilling – Hip, modern artisan distillery offering house spirits, cocktails & eclectic eats, plus craft beers.
- Lakanuki – Lively, tropical-themed haunt offering Hawaiian fare & drinks, plus happy hour, DJs & a dance floor.
- Gomez – Festive, storied fixture with Mexican & Latin fusion fare, many tequilas & monthly tastings.
- Whitebark Restaurant and Lounge – Stylish, wood-accented hotel eatery with big windows offering modern American fare & a lounge menu.
- Mammoth Rock ‘N’ Bowl – Modern bowling alley with flat-screens & a bar, plus an upscale restaurant serving French cuisine.
- The Village, Mammoth – host hotel offering stylish condos at the bottom of the Village gondola and stumbling distance from all the events.
Where to stay during Mammoth Gay Ski Week
The following hotels keep you close to all the parties and the ski slopes:
Recommended Apartments in Mammoth Lakes
Blue Jay Chalet
Located in Mammoth Lakes, Blue Jay Chalet is pet-friendly. Offering 3 bedrooms a living room with TV. The kitchen features a dishwasher and an oven, as well as a coffee machine. Other facilities include a hot tub and outdoor pool, free private parking & Free WiFi
The Mammoth House
The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a fridge, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a hot tub. A sauna, pool-table, fussball table and table tennis. Free WiFi and private parking
Ideally situated minutes from downtown & a short walk from the slopes at Canyon Lodge, this stylish 2-bedroom, 2-bath ski home with radiant floor heating throughout is a cozy escape in the heart of Mammoth with easy access to year-round adventure. A balcony & free WiFi.
Crestview 35 offers chic, modern decor, 2 spacious bedrooms and a queen sleeper sofa, this light-filled corner condo comfortably sleeps 6 guest offering a kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge, a living room, a dining area, 2 bathrooms with a hot tub
Video Of Elevation Mammoth Gay Ski Week
Highlights of the Elevation Ski Week
Recommended Hotels in Mammoth
The annual Elevation Mammoth Gay Ski week
The Village Lodge
Featuring direct access to a gondola and ski elevator at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, the Village Lodge is surrounded by mountain views. The property features a heated outdoor pool, 5 hot tubs & 3 gyms
The Westin Monache
Situated in Mammoth Lakes, this resort is a gondola ride away from skiing at Mammoth Mountain. Ski passes and snowboard rentals are available on site. A kitchenette is featured in all suites and studios.
Located 3 mi from the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Snowcreek Resort offers free access to Snowcreek Athletic Club. All comfortably furnished units include a full kitchen, & laundry facilities.
Juniper Springs Resort
This resort is located in Mammoth Lakes and is within 5 minutes’ drive of the Inyo National Forest. It offers a golf course, a heated outdoor pool and a hot tub. units include a kitchen and a balcony