From: Tuesday, February 27, 2024
To: Monday, March 4, 2024
Darklands Antwerp Fetish Festival 2024
Darklands Antwerp is one of the world’s largest fetish festivals, offering a safe haven for adventurous gay men who are looking to expand their sexual horizons. Epic day and night parties await!
- Visiting Antwerp for Darklands? Book your hotel in the centre and take the tram or taxi to the host venue. The Hotel Julien is a “Superb” rated 4-star hotel located in the heart of the city with delicious breakfast options and a relaxed vibe.
Darklands Antwerp Festival was originally held as part of the Belgium Leather and Fetish Pride event and has snice eclipsed the fetish pride to become the defacto fetish party of the Season.
Where is Darklands Antwerp Held?
- Darklands Antwerp is held at the Waagnatie exhibition, your Fetish HQ for the week.
- Several other night events and parties take place across the gay bars and clubs of Antwerp.
- Waagnatie is an 8 minute drive from the bars in Antwerp’s old town. Check out the closest hotels.
The Exhibition Centre
- Waagnatie is a cavernous exhibition centre in Antwerp, offering the ideal location for Darklands. It has all the perfect ingredients for the ultimate party; a thumping sound and light system and post-industrial feel that positively encourages a cruisy atmosphere. This year the event comes with a new outdoor area, complete with a bar and seating to enjoy the sun.
- As well as offering a place to meet other visitors or catch-up with new friends, Darklands Antwerp features free fetish demonstrations and workshops, the fetish market, and a great lineup of shows, porn actors, DJs, and performers.
- For a totally different experience, book your stay at The Hotel August, a completely reformed old seminary, beautifully restored featuring deluxe rooms and high-end amenities.
Darklands Antwerp Highlights
- A pop-up visitor center and bar hosted by Mister B. Collect tickets merchandise, have a drink and a small snack.
- Camp K9 will be open during the parties along with the European Puppy & Handler competition.
- The ‘Power Dynamics Lounge’, a separate space with limited visitors for masters and slaves to do some serious play.
- Thursday – Kick start your weekend early at Mayhem.
- Friday – The return of the epic Fusion Friday night event.
- Saturday – Rage, The biggest party of the weekend.
- Sunday – FURY – Darkland’s ultimate closing party
- Thursday 29th Feb – Sunday 3rd March – The Darklands Antwerp After Parties at The Boots and Dance After Parties at Club Random (Fri to Sun)
Fetish City Walk
- Citywalk 1: Friday 1 March 2024 1 – 3 pm Citywalk 2: Saturday 2 March 2024 1 – 3 pm
- Antwerp is a smal but wonderful city. Full time city guide Tanguy Ottomer is Antwerps most famous tour guide. He will take you on a 2 hour walk throughout the city and past some of its highlights, but also its best kept secrets.
- The tour starts at the Central Station and ends at Darklands where you will be offered a complimentary drink. You’re encourage to wear your gear open and proud.
How to get to Waagnatie
- The easiest way to get to the event venue “Waagnatie” from Antwerp Central Station is by taking the tram.
- Coming from ‘Antwerp Central Station’, take tram 15 (direction ‘Linkeroever’). Get off at the stop ‘Meir’.
- There, take the escalator to the ground level and follow the arrows towards ‘Sint Katelijnevest’. On ‘Sint Katelijnevest’ you’ll find a stop called ‘Meirbrug’. From there you can take tram 7 (direction ‘Eilandje’).
- Get off at the stop ‘Brouwersvliet’. From there it’s a 750m walk to Rijnkaai 150 (Waagnatie).
Antwerp’s gay scene
- Antwerp has a bustling gay scene with cute cafes, stylish bars and lots of hot guys ready to party. The clubs are are world famous. Cargo Club (Red and Blue) hosts some of the biggest gay parties in Europe. The HIM Circuit parties are the stuff of legend and the Tea dances at Pannekoek will satisfy those party urges.
- The city is also home to some hot cruise clubs such as The Boots and popular gay saunas.
- Although Antwerp’s famous pop-up gay party venues are spread out across the city, most of the busy gay bars and restaurants are located in Antwerp city center, close to the famous Town Square (Grote Markt) and the Museum Aan de Stroom (M.A.S.).
Popular Venues during Darklands
- BONAPARTE: Dive into the dynamic world of drag shows, karaoke, and vibrant music at BONAPARTE. Located at Grote Markt 21, 2000 Antwerpen, it’s the go-to spot for a lively Sunday night or any fun-filled evening.
- CAFE DELUX: Nestled in Melkmarkt 18, 2000 Antwerpen, CAFE DELUX stands as a beloved local hub. Start your day with a morning coffee or unwind with drinks throughout the day.
- CARGO CLUB: Experience Antwerp’s renowned dance scene at CARGO CLUB, Lange Schipperskapelstraat 11, 2000 Antwerpen. Known for its iconic Red&Blue parties, this club offers a diverse array of events.
- CLUB RANDOM: At Geulincxstraat 28, 2060 Antwerpen, CLUB RANDOM invites those who live to dance. As Antwerp’s top dance destination, it’s perfect for extending your night after Darklands.
- COCK: COCK, located at Nieuwstad 6, 2000 Antwerpen, is a chic wine bar in Central Antwerp. Enjoy a selection of fine wines, mingle with locals and fetish enthusiasts.
- MARIE-ANTOINETTE: Discover the charm of MARIE-ANTOINETTE at Oudevaartplaats 8, 2000 Antwerpen. This beautifully adorned bar offers delightful snacks from Danny’s menu in the heart of Antwerp.
- MISTER B: A must-visit on your Antwerp journey, MISTER B at Falconplein 14, 2000 Antwerpen, awaits. Meet Steve, Bart & Tim in this remarkable shop near the red light district.
- REFILL: Tucked in Kleine Koraalberg 8, 2000 Antwerpen, REFILL is a cozy, gay-owned bistro in a historic setting. Enjoy their spacious outdoor terrace on sunny days.
- THE BOOTS: Renowned as Belgium’s premier Fetish bar, THE BOOTS at Van Aerdtstraat 22, 2060 Antwerpen, offers an immersive experience for over 40 years. A haven for fetish lovers, it features a unique mix of cruising, drinks, and play.
- TWILIGHT: TWILIGHT, situated at Nieuwstad 4, 2000 Antwerpen, is a gem in Gay Antwerp. This classic Belgian café, adjacent to Cock, serves a vast selection of beers, wines, soft drinks, and snacks.
Where to stay?
- Hotels in the old town centre if the city are the most expensive. Staying near the station is a less expensive option. The north of the city, where you will find some of the bigger gay bars offers some great hotels with great rates if you book early.
- Getting around most of Antwerp is pretty easy with many pedestrianised streets and you can catch a tram to most places quite easily.
- The gay bars and clubs in Antwerp are a little spread out. Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action.
Gay Map of Antwerp
Antwerp is small and compact having a beautifully preserved old town in the centre. Having said that bars and clubs (more than 30) are spread out around the city, so its best to find a hotel close to the centre and journey out to your preferred destination. The main club, Red & Blue is located in the harbour. Famous gay monthly parties Studio 54 and Café de Love attract guys from all over Europe so book your accommodation in advance.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Antwerp
Antwerp, Belgium, has a thriving LGBTQ+ community and is known for being a welcoming & hosts several LGBTQ+ events and festivals throughout the year. The most prominent of these is Antwerp Pride, which typically takes place in August. Antwerp Pride includes a colorful and lively parade, parties, cultural events, and a sense of celebration and inclusivity that brings together locals and visitors alike.
Historic Center | In the hart of city centre
- Antwerp’s historic center has a diverse range of bars and clubs, many of which are gay or gay friendly.
- This area is bustling with activity, and you’ll likely find a mix of people from various backgrounds.
- Antwerp’s fashion district is also located in this area, making it perfect for shopping enthusiasts.
- It’s a great area for tourists, with numerous shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Barcelona
Antwerp’s Red Light District is home to several gay bars and clubs. It can be a lively area for nightlife, offering a mix of entertainment options.
This trendy district is home to many bars & clubs, including gay venues. You can find a mix of nightlife options, from stylish cocktail bars to dance clubs.
Recommended Hotels in Antwerp By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Antwerp that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Julien, 4 Star
- 4 Star, Modern Style in Historic Buildings
- Close to the gay district
- Equipped with bath or rain shower
- Nestled in historic buildings with modern rooms, spa in 16th-century cellars, perfect for relaxation and exploration.
4 Star, Very Central
- 4 Star, Luxurious Suite with Private Terrace
- Close to the gay district
- Climate control, flat-screen TV
- Centrally located, offering spacious rooms with climate control, and a deluxe breakfast buffet for a perfect start.
Hotel ‘T Sandt, 4 Star
Shopping & Partying
- 4 Star, Charming Italian Courtyard and Terrace
- Close to the gay district
- Spacious, homely atmosphere
- Boutique hotel with a luxurious ambiance, offering a free breakfast and stunning terrace views over the cathedral.
Hotel Matelote, 3 Star
Boutique & Central
- 3 Star, Offering 16th Century Architecture
- Close to the gay district
- Free wired internet, flat-screen TV
- Elegant boutique hotel combining luxurious design with historical architecture, moments away from Grand Place.