From: Thursday, March 21, 2024
To: Sunday, March 24, 2024
Dallas Bears Texas Bear Round Up 2024
The international Bear family comes together in Dallas every third weekend in March for a Dallas Bear week to remember. TBRU celebrates the bear community and those who identify themselves as bears, cubs, otters, and their admirers.
- The Host Hotel is the Hyatt Regency Dallas offering large rooms with great views of the city skyline. The hotel books out fast.
- TBRU is a Big Bear Reunion; a time to meet up with Bear friends from all over the world. It is also a party with a purpose. Each year the Dallas Bears take the proceeds from TBRU and donates them to local charities. The members of the Dallas Bears, and friends, work diligently all year long to produce a fun event and to raise as much money as possible for our charities.
- Awaiting theme and special guest announcement for 2024.
Hotels close to the Host Hotel
The host hotel sells out fast. The following hotels are also popular and are just a short walk away:
- The Joule – 3 minute drive – in the heart of downtown, with stunning rooms an amazing rooftop pool, our top choice!
- The Westin – 4 minute drive – great location, close to all the city’s attractions with great in-room amenities.
- The Fairmont – 5 minute drive – spacious rooms, excellent concierge service. Recently refurbished.
- Thursday – Kick Off Party from 8pm followed by the Bear of the Year Contest and Mr Round-Up
- Friday – The Official Beardance at S4 Club, from 8pm to 4am
- Saturday – The Jocks and Underwear Party from 10pm to 2.30am
- Sunday – The Big Texas BBQ and Closing Party from noon to 1.30pm at Round-up Saloon.
- Many of the gay bars and clubs across Dallas will also host individual events.
- Legendary circuit parties FURBALL and RAM will also be in town.
The nightlife scene on Cedar Springs is buzzing on any given weekend. From drag shows to karaoke and nightly drink specials, you’re in for a great night. Popular venues include:
- S4 Club – DJ-driven nightclub featuring a 24,000-sq.-ft. dance area, plus a top-floor drag show lounge.
- Round-Up Saloon – Tequilas, line-dance lessons & special events star at this country-western gay bar & dance hall.
- Woody’s – Known for its daily entertaining shows from comedy to karaoke to themed nights and sing-alongs – there’s something for everyone every night of the week!
- JR’s – Texas’ most successful gay club at JR’s. This bar and grill has a long history of pleasing its patrons with heavy drinks and good times.
Where to stay during Dallas Bear Week
The following hotels are close to the gay bars and all the major Dallas Bear Week events:
Gay Map of Dallas
Texans are proud to say that everything is bigger in the Lone Star State. One visit to “The Strip,” the center of gay life along Cedar Springs Road, and you will see what we mean. The nightlife venues are gargantuan! Every place has at least one outdoor patio.
Recommended Hotels in Dallas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Dallas that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Hotel Crescent Court
5 Star, Luxury
Modern styling and a French doors opening to a private balcony are featured in each guest room at Hotel Crescent Court. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels, as well as an iPod docking station are available. Certain units feature a seating area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room.
4 Star, Excellent Gym
This beautifully restored historic mansion is located in uptown Dallas, 3.2 km from the city centre. It offers an on-site restaurant and a local transfer service. Each elegant guest room at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek has a 42-inch flat-screen plasma TV and they are also furnished with a stocked minibar.
Warwick Melrose Hotel
4 Star, Luxury Feel
The guestrooms and suites at the Melrose Warwick boast a variety of contemporary amenities for a comfortable stay. After a busy day, guests can relax while watching a pay film with a beverage from the in-room refreshment centre or meal from the hotel’s 24-hour room service.
Hotel ZaZa 4 Star
Unique pieces of art and Mediterranean decor style each room. A spacious work desk, a sofa and a refrigerator are included for your convenience. There is also a flat-screen cable TV in every room. The Dragonfly, Hotel ZaZa’s extravagant restaurant, offers a fine dining experience. Exercise in the state-of-the-art fitness centre and then relax in the pool.
Video Of Dallas Bears Texas Bear Round Up
DVtv On The Scene: TBRU 2018
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Dallas
Dallas, where cowboy charm meets urban chic! For the gay traveller, Dallas is a rhinestone-studded paradise where the LGBTQ+ community thrives. Dive into Oak Lawn, the city’s vibrant gayborhood, where you can two-step in a country saloon by night and brunch under twinkling fairy lights in the afternoon.
Oak Lawn | Silver Springs Road
- The heart of the LGBTQ+ community beats loudly in the Oak Lawn area, especially along Cedar Springs Road, the city’s main gay district.
- Oak Lawn has been the epicentre of Dallas’s LGBTQ+ community since the 1970s and remains one of the most gay-friendly areas in the whole state of Texas.
- The neighbourhood hosts its own special Cedar Springs Road Pride celebrations each year in September.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Dallas
Home to the city’s skyscrapers, historic buildings, top museums and famous main street trolleys.
Arts and entertainment district, Deep Ellum, is known for its murals, music venues, and eclectic vibe.