From: Saturday, Jun 18th, 2022
To: Sunday, Jul 3rd, 2022
Pride in the gay capital of Germany, Cologne 2022
Gay Pride Cologne and the CSD parade is part of a larger Gay Pride Festival in Cologne’s charming Old City district. The event will run over three weeks from late June in 2022 and feature several cultural events, concerts and parties.
The final weekend features the main events, which kick off at 6 pm on Friday with a huge Street Festival. Cologne is the 4th largest city in Germany and is one of the most gay-friendly destinations in Europe.
After the official opening, three stages burst into life with DJs and different shows. Information stalls, food trucks and bars fill the surrounding streets and squares. The venue for the 2022 street party is yet to be confirmed.
Cologne Pride Parade
- July 3rd 2022 – Cologne Gay Pride Parade starts from Deutzer Brücke, working its way through the old town to Komödienstraße, and has over 120 floats participating in the parade. If you plan on visiting, book your hotel in the gay district early, as this is one of the few pride parades taking place in Europe this year.
CSD Street Festival Cologne
- July 1st to 3rd 2022 – The Street Party includes food trucks, bars, information stands and vendor booths, and a complete stage program featuring local and international acts, DJs, drag queens and liver performances.
Pride Festival Cologne
July 1st to July 4th 2022
- The Cologne Pride Festival is Germany’s biggest pride festival featuring three of the country’s top parties, hosting several unique events.
- Green Komm, Naughty Control World Famous after party (day and night event).
- July 2nd – Sexy Cologne A unique one-off special edition of the Sexy party with megastar DJ David Guetta. The party takes place on the grounds of the Lanxess arena, Germany’s biggest and most frequently visited multifunctional hall, capable of comfortably hosting more than 20,000 visitors.
- Cologne has two distinct pockets of gay activity: Schaafenstrasse, Rudolfplatz, and the streets around Heumarkt, closer to the Dom/Central station. The city’s two major gay areas ensure something for all tastes, from the older leather scene on the Old Town’s Heumarkt-Mathiasstrasse to the more modern area around Rudolfplatz, catering to the young and trendy.
- Head to ExCorner, Cologne’s best gay bar with cosy interiors and attractive, young clientele.
- Ruhrpott, offers delicious nibbles and fantastic cocktails..
- Die Mumu, is the place to go if you want to dance late into the night.
Where to stay during Cologne Pride?
- The Stadpalais Cologne is right opposite the Sexy Party/Arena and is the perfect place to stay while you enjoy the festivities. It is set in a protected historic building and provides spacious, elegantly furnished rooms. They also serve a rich breakfast buffet each morning.
- The Hyatt Regency Cologne is another great option, just a short ride away from the Pride Festival and has great views of the Cathedral as well as the old town and the river Rhine.
There are two gay areas in Cologne with a total of seventeen gay bars. Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Cologne
There two gay areas in Cologne: Rudolfplatz, known locally as the “Bermuda Triangle” is more modern in style with Many of the cafes, bars and clubs around have started during the last twenty years. The Old Town is home to more Traditional pubs and bars for mixed ages.
Recommended Apartments in Cologne
All apartments at DASKöln feature designer-style furniture, a safe, and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a private bathroom with a shower. Just a 10-minute walk from Cologne Cathedral & the Main Train Station
Located opposite the main train station in Cologne’s Old Town, just 50 m from Cologne Cathedral. First Domizil can include up to 2 bedrooms and a separate living room and 2 flat-screen TVs and fully equipped kitchen
The units come with tiled floors and feature a fully equipped kitchenette with a fridge, a dining area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and a private bathroom with bidet and a hairdryer. Free WiFi and a balcony.
The apartment has 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 3 bathrooms with a bidet. Free WiFi and private parking
Video of Cologne Gay Pride
Christopher Street Day – Cologne / Köln Official Video
Recommended Hotels in Cologne
We recommend booking a hotel in the heart of the old town. They are generally more charming, close to all the gay bars and clubs and offer better value for money.
Central 5 Star
Spacious rooms with a great pool and health club with 5 star service in the heart of Cologne.
25hours Hotel 4 Star
The Heart of Cologne
The hotel is a great choice for travelers interested in museums, cathedrals and Christmas markets
Hotel Lyskirchen 4 Star
Bright & Spacious Rooms
The Hotel is a great choice for travelers interested in gay bars & clubs, food & shopping.
Maritim Hotel 3 Star
Centrally located offering stunning views of the river and just as short walk to the gay district.