From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Christmas & New Year in Taipei 2024
Celebrate Christmas without the cold in the stunning city of Taipei and be one of the first to see the New Year during a spectacular firework celebration.
- Are you visiting Taipei for Christmas or New Year? Stay at the W Hotel in the trendy Xinyi district, rated “Superb” by guests with a stunning outdoor pool, spacious rooms and excellent service.
- Typically mid November to Jan 1st – Located in Taipei New City, Christmaland is the perfect place for a White Christmas, even if it is 28 C outside!
- Enjoy the country’s largest light projection show, experience artificial snowfall in the subtropics and visit the country’s tallest Christmas tree.
- New Taipei City hosts multiple Christmas light displays, markets and concerts and family-friendly events scattered around Banqiao station.
- The four fairy light tunnels are breathtaking among the dreamy decorations and light displays.
German Christmas Market
- Awaiting dates – Discover unique treasures to tuck under the Christmas tree at one of the more than 80 booths offering unique German gifts for everyone on your list.
- Festive foodies can sample Glühwein (mulled wine), a selection of German and beers, and a variety of sweet and savory delights, such as German sausages, pork knuckle and gingerbread.
- Venue: Corridor Plaza, Taipei Flora Expo Park
Ji-Qing Christmas Alley
- Throughout December – A little less commercial, the Christmas Alley of the Ji-Qing village is the perfect escape for a more traditional experience.
- Voted as one of the ten most romantic Christmas attractions in Taiwan, lights are provided by each family on the street with different decorations and themes.
New Year Fireworks Celebration
- December 31st 2022 – Taipei’s New Year celebrations have become some of the most famous in the Far East.
- Taipei City Hall Plaza is the event’s main venue. Musical performances begin at 7 pm and continue on through the evening until 1:00 am the following morning.
- Popular performers from home and abroad entertain large crowds, backed by the impressive Taipei 101 Tower.
- At midnight, the 89th floor of Taipei 101 is used as the base for a colourful and dynamic fireworks display attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors.
- Celebrate the arrival of NYE in style at Le Meridien Taipei featuring high-end amenities, highly-rated breakfast options and excellent location, close to all the NYE celebrations.
- December 31st – Tamsui, 8 pm (Cool district in the north of Taipei).
- Looking for a unique vantage point? Consider heading to Tamsui, where you can enjoy a beautiful fireworks show along the northern coast of Taipei.
- Lasting an impressive 13 minutes and 14 seconds, the “Tamsui 1314 New Year’s Eve Fireworks Show” promises be memorable experience.
- Plus, you’ll have plenty of time to catch the fireworks show in Taipei 101 later on.
Gay Taipei Parties for NYE
- Known as the San Francisco of the East, Taipei has a vibrant and welcoming gay community.
- The Red House District (Wanhua) is home to more than 25 different gay bars, shops, and restaurants.
- Stay close to the gay bars at the “Fabulous” rated Citizen M Taipei North Gate featuring stylish rooms, high-end amenities and a 24-hour bar.
- Take the MRT or Subway and hop off at the Ximen station or take an Uber, which are relatively cheap in Taipei.
- Head to the Ximending Night Market first (open at 5 pm) for some retail therapy.
- The Red House District is the perfect place to celebrate after the fireworks end. All the bars are located close together, with patios and outdoor seating.
- Red House has a bar for all types, from Bears to circuit boys, fetish and drag lovers to those looking for a bite to eat.
- Note – Formosa, the circuit party organiser, will not host their party this year, and it will return in 2023.
- The gay district is a 16-minute drive from the celebrations at Taipei 101 and a 10-minute drive from Christmasland.
Recommended Hotels in Taipei
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
For more information on Taipei take a look at our Gay Taipei Guide
Gay Map of Taipei
Taipei’s main gay district is located in the Red House District, a large outdoor complex featuring shops, bars and restaurants.
Recommended Hotels in Taipei By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Taipei that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The Okura Prestige
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-Star, Heated Rooftop Pool, Panoramic City Views
- Close to the gay district
- Coffee machine, flat-screen TV
- Offers luxurious rooms with a rooftop pool, sauna, dining options, ideal for an upscale Taipei experience
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5-Star, Views of Taipei 101, Stylish Rooms
- Close to the gay district
- Floor-to-ceiling windows, branded toiletries
- Stunning views of Taipei City, modern fitness equipment, perfect for a trendy and comfortable stay
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-Star, Renovated in 2019, Comfortable Mattress
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, electric kettle
- Newly renovated rooms, convenient luggage storage, 24-hour computer corner, ideal for a value-packed stay
Ximen Airline Hotel
3 Star, Location
- 3-Star, Airplane Theme, Design Hotel
- Close to the gay district
- Free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV
- Air-conditioned rooms with airplane theme, 15 minutes from Taipei Main Rail Station, perfect for a unique stay
Video Taipei NYE Celebrations
Highlights from Taipei 101
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Taipei
Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan, has a thriving LGBTQ+ scene with several gay-friendly neighborhoods and areas. These areas are known for their inclusive atmosphere, LGBTQ+ establishments, and vibrant nightlife.
Ximen | Considered the heart of the LGBTQ+ District
- Ximen has earned a reputation as a hub of LGBTQ+ culture in Taipei.
- One of the focal points of Ximen’s LGBTQ+ scene is the Red House Theater. It’s a place where LGBTQ+-owned businesses, bars, galleries, shops, and cafes are concentrated.
- Throughout the year, Ximen hosts various LGBTQ+ events, including pride celebrations, drag shows, art exhibitions, and cultural festivals.
- Taipei LGBTQ History and Culture Guided Tour
The Tonghua Street Night Market area, in particular, features a concentration of LGBTQ+ bars & venues.
Linsen North Road
This district has range of LGBTQ+ establishments, including bars, clubs, & cafes & is known for its trendy vibe