From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Carnaval Des Couleurs Montreal 2024
The Carnaval Des Couleurs Montreal is a gathering and celebration of multicultural and LGBTQ + communities for the fight against racism and the fight against homophobia.
- Stay close to all the events at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Montreal Downtown close to all the bars and clubs, with large rooms and friendly staff.
- Update – Awaiting details of the next event. This event did not take place in 2023.
- Carnaval Des Couleurs Montreal takes place during the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. The event features free outdoor musical and multidisciplinary activities in the Gay Village and the Latin Quarter, and also with the return of a free indoor event also at Complexe Desjardins.
- The Carnival also coincides with the world famous Black and Blue Festival and Ball. The event features three days and evenings of performances by entertainers, singers, dancers and many others. The program aims to offer a beautiful mosaic of Montreal’s cultural diversity.
- The Carnaval des Couleurs is a not-to-be-missed rendez-vous for music, dance and entertainment fans. More than 30,000 people walk daily through complexe Desjardins, so it’s a great environment to feature a major original, inclusive, and diversified artistic festival.
- Complexe Desjardins is a mixed-use office, hotel, and shopping mall complex located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, in the Quartier des spectacles area of Saint Catherine Street.
- Entertainers of the Carnaval will also be present at the doors of various events of the Black & Blue Festival in the gay Village.
Recommended Hotels in Montreal
The following hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and gay village:
Gay Map of Montreal
Montreal has one of the largest gay villages in the world. Trendy bars, cafes, restaurants and clubs lined from St-Hubert Street to De Lorimier Street on Saint Catherine Street, and between Sherbrooke Street and René Lévesque Boulevard on Amherst Street, a distance of nearly two kilometres,
Recommended Hotels in Montreal By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Montreal that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Location
- 5 Star, Location; Terrace, Restaurant Henri Brasserie
- Close to the gay district
- Desk, flat-screen TV
- Downtown Montreal with city view rooms, some featuring claw-foot bath & fireplace
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star, Luxury; In historic Golden Square Mile
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Contemporary sophistication
- Prime location near art galleries, museums, and vibrant nightlife with exceptional service
Hôtel Le Cantlie Suites
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star, Readers Choice; Rooftop swimming pool
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Spacious, microwave, refrigerator
- Spacious rooms with kitchenettes near McGill University and a rooftop pool
Le St-Martin Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Great Value; Outdoor pool, Underground City access
- A short walk to the gay bars
- 55-inch flat-screen TV, minibar
- Offers an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and modern rooms with a 55-inch flat-screen TV
Video of Gay Montreal
Discover the Largest gay village in North America
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Montreal
From its iconic Gay Village—a symbol of community and celebration—to its myriad of queer events, inclusive bars, and welcoming neighbourhoods, the city masterfully blends its rich cultural heritage with a progressive and accepting vibe.
The Gay Village | Saint Catherine Street
- Stretching along Saint Catherine Street East, Montreal’s Gay Village (often simply “The Village”) is a vibrant and welcoming hub of LGBTQ+ culture and life.
- The Village is known for its summer pedestrian-only zone, where countless colourful balls create a rainbow canopy overhead, and the Beaudry Metro Station with its iconic rainbow pillars.
- Saint Catherine Street hosts street parties throughout the Summer, especially during the Montreal Pride celebrations.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the Montreal.
Vieux-Montréal is a historic centre with cobblestone streets, grand plazas, and centuries-old architecture.
Centre-Ville with high-rises, shopping malls, restaurants, museums & the shops of the underground city.