From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Montreal Black and Blue Festival 2024 a circuit party with a heart
The Black and Blue Festival in Montreal takes place each year during the Canadian Thanksgiving and Columbus Day Weekend festivities.
- Are you visiting for Montreal Black and Blue? Stay in the Gay Village, home to Montreal’s bustling gay scene and host of some of the biggest events during the Pride week. Le Square Phillips Hôtel & Suites is a 4 star hotel rated “Superb” by guests and offering great rates, spacious rooms and a pool.
- Update – This event did not take place in 2023 – We await an update on plans for the 2024 edition.
- Montreal’s Black and Blue Festival is one of the largest gay-benefit dance parties in North America. The event supports the BBCM Foundation on their mission to fight AIDS around the world. VIP Tickets are available for all events.
- Events include the main Black and Blue Ball, a Leather Party and a host of cocktail receptions, after party events and cultural activities.
- The 2023 event promises to be spectacular. Organisers have planned aerial acrobatic shows and a circus style event complete with dance troupes, stunning choreography, digital arts including a 360 video tiled display around the entire circular room, singers, street arts and more.
- Awaiting theme and lineup for 2023
- Events typically kick off on the Thursday (Oct 4th, 2023) before Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada and end on the Monday.
- The Black and Blue Main Event takes place on the Sunday Night from 10pm until 8am.
- Other parties include the district Party and the Black and Blue Leather Ball.
- For a unique Montreal experience, stay at “Le Mount Stephen” with a 9+ rating featuring luxurious decor and 5-star service, it won’t disappoint.
- Club Soda – Club Soda is a tall, narrow concert hall with a high-tech design, one of Montreal’s most popular concert and event venues, and is transformed into a party zone for District events. The club is located at 1225 boul. St-Laurent. The club is an 8-minute drive from Montreal’s Gay Village on Saint Catherine street. Stay in the Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown close to the city’s gay bars and clubs and take a short ride to the club. The hotel has spacious rooms, a beautiful indoor pool and a well-equipped gym.
- Lion D’Or – Chic restaurant & bar serving classic French cuisine & a cabaret-style lounge hosting live concerts. The venue is a 15 minute drive from Saint Catherine Street.
- The Tohu Circular Room – Large, contemporary circular theatre hosting circus shows & other unique performances. The venue is a 30 minute drive from Saint Catherine Street.
Trending Hotels in Montreal
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers in Montreal. All are close to the city’s bustling gay village:
Gay Map of Montreal
Montreal has one of the largest gay villages in the world. Trendy bars, cafes, restaurants and clubs lined from St-Hubert Street to De Lorimier Street on Saint Catherine Street, and between Sherbrooke Street and René Lévesque Boulevard on Amherst Street, a distance of nearly two kilometres,
Recommended Hotels in Montreal By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Montreal that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Location
- 5 Star, Location; Terrace, Restaurant Henri Brasserie
- Close to the gay district
- Desk, flat-screen TV
- Downtown Montreal with city view rooms, some featuring claw-foot bath & fireplace
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star, Luxury; In historic Golden Square Mile
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Contemporary sophistication
- Prime location near art galleries, museums, and vibrant nightlife with exceptional service
Hôtel Le Cantlie Suites
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star, Readers Choice; Rooftop swimming pool
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Spacious, microwave, refrigerator
- Spacious rooms with kitchenettes near McGill University and a rooftop pool
Le St-Martin Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Great Value; Outdoor pool, Underground City access
- A short walk to the gay bars
- 55-inch flat-screen TV, minibar
- Offers an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and modern rooms with a 55-inch flat-screen TV
Video Of Montreal Black and Blue Festival
Black & Blue 2018
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Montreal
From its iconic Gay Village—a symbol of community and celebration—to its myriad of queer events, inclusive bars, and welcoming neighbourhoods, the city masterfully blends its rich cultural heritage with a progressive and accepting vibe.
The Gay Village | Saint Catherine Street
- Stretching along Saint Catherine Street East, Montreal’s Gay Village (often simply “The Village”) is a vibrant and welcoming hub of LGBTQ+ culture and life.
- The Village is known for its summer pedestrian-only zone, where countless colourful balls create a rainbow canopy overhead, and the Beaudry Metro Station with its iconic rainbow pillars.
- Saint Catherine Street hosts street parties throughout the Summer, especially during the Montreal Pride celebrations.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the Montreal.
Vieux-Montréal is a historic centre with cobblestone streets, grand plazas, and centuries-old architecture.
Centre-Ville with high-rises, shopping malls, restaurants, museums & the shops of the underground city.