From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
When it comes to Gay Pride Cape Town has its own style, with hot winter sun, pristine beaches and the backdrop of Sugarloaf Mountain you just know it’s going to be magical.
- Visiting for Cape Town Pride? Stay in the Rockefeller Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests in a great location featuring fresh modern rooms and a superb fitness centre.
Cape Town Pride Program 2024
- The theme of Cape Town Pride changes each year. The Pride partners with Cape Town Carnival who will be lending some of their costumes to add extra fabulosity to the parade on the day of the event.
- The festival includes a variety of events such as drag shows, book launches, sporting events, film shows, poetry reading, and art exhibitions, the Mr and Miss Cape Town Pride Pageant, the annual Pink Party, several pool parties and the closing event.
- Stay close to the pride festival and after party at the O’Two Hotel Cape Town, with a beautiful heated deck rooftop pool, superb views and boutique design.
Cape Town Pride March 2024
- Awaiting dates Typically the final Saturday of the event – The March is scheduled to start at 12 noon. Please note that the March cannot start without the presence of the City of Cape Town Traffic Police and without their permission. So please be patient.
- The pride parade gathers outside Prestwich Street Primary School in Alfred Street, De Waterkant. The parade starts at noon, proceeding along Prestwich Street, right into Chiappini Street and into Somerset Road.
- Groups will pause at the Rainbow Crossing for the official ribbon cutting to start the parade.It then proceeds along Somerset Road, through Green Point, around the Helen Suzman Boulevard circle, ending at the car park at the Green Point Track.
- Stay at the Gorgeous George Hotel, featuring 32 luxurious rooms in downtown Cape Town, a design hotel rated “wonderful” by guests with stylish rooms, a la carte breakfast and excellent location.
Cape Town Pride Festival
- Following on from the Parade – Awaiting Dates – Cape Town Pride are celebrating in style at the A-Track in Green Point from 1pm to 9pm, and it’s going to be bigger and better than before including a bigger stage, larger grounds, more stalls and a mix of local and international artists.
- Stay close to Cape Town’s top attractions at the Upperbloem Guest House and Apartments, rated “Superb” by guests in the historic Bo-Kapp quarter, offering flawless views over the city and the bay.
Pride Month Light up
- Awaiting dates – This event kicks off the Pride calendar! The Western Cape Legislature building in Wale Street will be lit up in the rainbow colours in the city in support of the city’s LGBTQIA community
Cape Town Pride Village Drinks
- Awaiting Dates – Kick off Cape Town Pride with a drink or two…with members of Cape Town’s LGBTQI+ community at the Village Drinks event. Awaiting venue confirmation.
The Pride Party
- Typically the first Friday of the Pride celebrations – Who doesn’t love a party! Kick start Pride month with the Pride Party at Zer021!
- Zer021 Social Club, 46 Canterbury St, District Six, 7925
Mr & Miss Cape Town Pride
- Awaiting Dates – At the Joseph Stone Auditorium, Doors open at 5pm and the show starts at 7pm. The winners become the grand marshals for the main parade and act as pride ambassadors for the forthcoming year. Book your ticket in advance.
The Pride Drag Brunch
- Awaiting Dates – Enjoy an epic pride brunch with outrageous drag queens, delicious food and a fun atmosphere at the Fire & Ice Hotel.
Buddies Night Out
- Awaiting Dates and venue – Buddies Night Out – A pop-up street party and fun night out, hosted during large public holidays (NYE etc) and during the Pride celebrations.
Cape Town Gay Bars
- Cafe Manhattan – Long running popular gay bar and cafe with impressive cocktail menu and live shows with special theme parties.
- Zer021 Rooftop – Hosts a busy cocktail hour, drag acts and live shows. Very busy during live show nights.
- Pink Candy Night Club – Spacious night time club, perfect for dancing with live DJ. Open Turs to Sat.
- Club Stargayzers – Large dance hall with superb music, drink specials and guest DJs.
- Shaft Cruise Zone – Gay cruise club with busy “underwear night” and very popular Halloween theme parties.
Where to stay during Cape Town Pride
De Waterkant is home to most of Cape Town’s gay bars and gay-friendly restaurants, shops and galleries. The following hotels are popular with our visitors to Cape Town and are close to the pride parade and activities. They are also gay-friendly.
The Westin, DysArt Boutique Hotel The Cape Royale The Capital Mirage
DeWaterkant, close to the gay bars.
Book now and pay on arrival.
The Glenn Hotel in Cape Town’s Seapoint.
Stylish, great pool and gay operated.
For further information and advice on
Cape Town Pride, check out The Website
Most of the gay bars are located in the De Waterkant area, surrounded by some lovely restaurants and only a short walk to the shopping streets, we have chosen some hotels and apartment that keep you in the hard of all the action. take a look at booking.com
Geneva Drive Villa Offers air conditioned accommodation with 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a living room, a dining area and a well-appointed kitchen with a dishwasher, and washing machine. An outdoor swimming pool. Free WiFi & free private parking
Merridew Villa is a stylish 6-bedroom villa, five of the six bedrooms are en suite and some of them have a balcony with ocean views, a fully equipped kitchen and separate lounge areas for guests to relax in. as well as an outdoor pool.
This secure and luxurious mansion includes a maid and bulter service. It is equipped with a heated pool, private gym, home cinema and 6 bedrooms. Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar and there is a pool table and 3 lounges for relaxation.
Clifton Private Beach Villa featuring an outdoor swimming pool and a bar, a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms This villa has a garden, barbecue facilities, free WiFi and free private parking.
Cape Town Pride Higlights
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking
We have chosen hotels in Cape Town that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The Table Bay Hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel situated at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. It boasts beautiful views of the working harbor, Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. It features a pool and a spa. Each air-conditioned room comes equipped with a minibar, flat-screen satellite TV and tea-and-coffee-making facilities. The private bathroom includes a bath and shower with free toiletries.
The Westin Cape Town’s airy rooms have deluxe bedding and floor-to-ceiling windows with views over Cape Town. Selected rooms have a spacious lounge area, all rooms with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Guests can enjoy a vigorous work-out in the well-equipped gym which boasts panoramic city views. The outdoor pool is drenched in sunshine
Offering a rooftop bar and restaurant, The Capital Mirage Hotel is conveniently situated between Cape Town’s city centre and trendy De Waterkant. Free WiFi and parking are available. The spacious suites and apartments offer a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, kitchen facilities and bathrooms with bath and shower. Air-conditioned and fitted with a hairdryer
Situated just opposite the V&A Waterfront’s timeball tower, with panoramic views of the harbour and its surroundings. Enjoy breakfast in the morning room, followed by a swim in the outdoor pool. Classic décor and a spacious layout make the guest rooms and suites at Dock House a welcome retreat after a busy day. With stunning views of the waterfront from your balcony.