From: Saturday, November 25, 2023
To: Monday, January 1, 2024
Brussels Christmas Market enjoy the spicy scent of waffles & glühwein
Winter Wonders is the beating heart of Brussels during the Christmas festivities.
- If you are visiting for the Brussels Christmas Markets, stay close to Central Station, an easy walk to the Grand Palace and the markets. The Warwick Brussels Grand Place has great rates, large comfortable rooms and is just steps from all of Brussels’ gay bars and the Winter Wonders markets.
- Winter Wonderland, The Brussels Christmas Market takes place at the Grand-Place in Brussels and around the Bourse, the Place de la Monnaie, the Place Sainte-Catherine and the Marché aux Poissons.
- Boulevard Anspach, Tour Noire and Place de la Monnaie also host several market stalls.
- Brussels comes alive during the Christmas festivities and even the smallest streets are beautifully decorated.
Shopping, Sightseeing and more
- One of the highlights for Brussels Christmas shoppers are the 240 wooden Christmas chalets opened during this time. Stalls filled with swirling snow-globes, scented candles and mouth-watering chocolates stretch on for two whole kilometres in Brussels.
- They market stalls line the streets of Bourse, Marché aux Poissons and Place St. Catherines. These stalls look like gingerbread houses, twinkling with fairy lights and covered with ‘snow-top’ roofs. The chalets sell a variety of Christmas items, decorations, gifts and Christmas season food. Everything is open until 9pm on weeknights and 10pm on weekends.
- Browse the markets for last-minute stocking-fillers, get a bird’s eye view from the top of the ferris wheel, or take a spin on the merry-go-round as the sweet, spicy scent of waffles and glühwein drifts through the chilly air..
- If you are feeling brave, the toboggan run (that gets longer each year) is an absolute must. You should also save some energy for the Thursday Brussels Christmas Market night ice disco. If that all sounds a bit taxing for a weekend break, just settle in to a cosy café with a warming bowl of carbonade flamande, a rich beef stew, to watch the world – and the ice skaters – go by at Place de Broukere. Bliss
- Each weekend you can catch concerts, parades and live shows throughout the evenings. Shows typically take place on the hour.
The Music and Light Show at the Grand Palace
- Experience a unique Brussels tradition and take in The Sound and Light Show at the Grand Place. The show starts at 5pm and runs every hour from Sunday to Thursday and every half hour on Friday and Saturday. The last show is at 10pm/10.30pm. Here you will also find the Brussels Christmas Tree and Nativity scene.
- There are also light projection shows on Saint Catherine Church and on the Casino on Boulevard Anspach.
- Remember, unlike other markets in Europe, the Brussels Christmas market is open throughout the Christmas and New Year Period, perfect if you are visiting for La Demence New Year Party.
Beyond the Brussels Christmas Markets
- Explore the shops on Rue Neuve (Nieuwstratt), popular with locals and full of familiar brands with a festive feel. Pay a visit to the chocolate shows in Galerie du Roi, not to be missed.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to the markets and Brussels bustling gay scene:
Gay Map of Brussels
Most of the gay bars in Brussels are located in the city centre around the streets Rue du Marché au Charbon. We have found good hotels close to the gay area keeping you in the middle of all the fun.
Recommended Hotels in Brussels By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Brussels that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Rocco Forte Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
The 5-star Hotel Amigo boasts elegant rooms with designer features, on the corner of Grand Place. It combines modern facilities, a gym and an award-winning restaurant with a picturesque historic setting. Flat-screen TV, a work desk and a minibar Each air-conditioned room has a seating area and a luxurious bathroom with mosaic details.
5 Star, Readers Choice
This luxurious hotel in the heart of Brussels is a 2-minute walk from the Grand-Place and Brussels Central Station. It features free access to the fitness centre and sauna. A brand newly installed air conditioning system, Rooms with a flat-screen TV, free internet and a marble bathroom. Guests can enjoy an American buffet breakfast every morning
Brussels Marriott Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set within a 5-minute walk from Grand Place and Manneken Pis, and a 10-minute walk from Brussels Central Train Station, Brussels Marriott Hotel offers air-conditioned rooms and a fitness centre. There is an open-kitchen restaurant and private parking facilities are available. Rooms are equipped with satellite TV, coffee and tea making facilities
4 Star, Location
The Dominican is a 4-star hotel located in the centre of Brussels, just a 5-minute walk from the Maison Grand Place. It offers spacious accommodation with free WiFi. Guests can benefit from a number of wellness facilities, such as a sauna and a fitness centre, both available free of charge. 100 m from the popular shopping street Rue des Bouchers.
Video Of Brussels Christmas Market
Plaisirs d’Hiver – Winterpret 2015
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Brussels
Brussels, the capital of Belgium and a hub for European institutions, has a thriving LGBTQ+ community and is known for being an inclusive and LGBTQ+-friendly city.
Saint-Jacques| Often referred to as the gay village
- This area, often referred to as the “gay village” of Brussels, is located near the Grand Place.
- It’s known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, and venues.
- Rue du Marché au Charbon/Kolenmarktstraat is a street within this area that is particularly known for its gay bars and nightlife.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Brussels
Rue du Lombard
Home to several LGBTQ+-friendly establishments, including bars, cafes, and clubs. It’s known for its lively.
The heart of Brussels with its stunning architecture, often the hub of events, festivals, and markets.