From: Thursday, Jul 22nd, 2021
To: Sunday, Jul 25th, 2021
Brighton Bear Weekender.
Brighton Bear Weekend is an annual event for bears, cubs and friends in Brighton on the south coast of England. The Weekend is the UK south coast’s legendary bear event, with four days of fur and fun in the sun!
The event is Free and you can just show up and enjoy the weekend! Some of the venues will charge a modest entry fee for the bigger events, but many are free to enter (although you will of course need money for drinks and so on).
However, you can also buy a wristband to take advantage of great discounts on drinks, entry fees, and many other items over the entire weekend.
BBW organisers are strive hard to deliver a weekend of socialising, partying, fundraising and of course loads of men. They are putting together an exciting program of events, some new, and some old with a twist to make them more current.
The first BBW was in 2009 and since then has raised more than £15,000 for the Rainbow Fund, who make grants to LGBT and HIV organisations who deliver effective front line services to LGBT people in Brighton and Hove.
Do not miss the Rugby Matches!! Woof and of course the welcome breakfasts, a great way to get to know other attendees!
This year’s schedule is a little different in keeping with current rules.
- The week’s events begin on Thursday night with a quiz night at The Camelford Arms.
- On Friday the Brighton Bear Weekend Welcome Party takes place at Dorset Gardens. The event will feature cabaret by Dave The Bear and a preview of the Mr Brighton Bear 2021 contestants, from 5p, to 8pm.
- The second half of the party will be held at The Amsterdam Bar and Kitchen, and will feature the Mr Brighton Bear 2021 Final, which will be presented by Miss Brighton 2021. The party runs from 8pm to 11pm.
- The weekends action will see the BBW Garden Party on Saturday afternoon at Dorset Gardens from 12pm – 6pm, followed by Bear-a-oke at Bar Broadway from 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- The events will finish with a Sunday roast from 12.30pm on Sunday, followed by the UnderBears event from 10pm until late.
Other artists due to perform and take part include Candi Rell DQ, Chris Hide, Colin (Pianoman) and Miles, Dave Lynn, Davina Sparkle, and TIN.
Where to stay in Gay Brighton
As you can see from the map the gay area is quite compact and on the seafront of Brighton, we have found hotels and guest houses close to the gay bar and clubs that have good revues, to help you make the most from you Brighton experience,
Gay Map of Brighton
Most of the Brighton gay bars and pubs are located in the city’s ‘Gay Quarter’ in Brighton’s Kemp Town – a compact strip of pubs and clubs just moments from the seafront.
Recommended Apartments in Brighton
Offering a terrace and sea views the apartment has 1 bedroom, a living room with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, fridge, & washing machine, 1 bathroom with a shower. Free WiFi
The apartment has 5 bedrooms, a living room with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave, a washing machine, 3 bathrooms with showers. Free WiFi and is 500 m from The Royal Pavilion
Modern & unique warehouse apartment with outside space. Bright & spacious. Hi-speed internet, 5 speaker surround sound, Smart TV, Netflix. High-quality beds, mattresses & bed linen. 4 minute walk to the seafront.
Sexiest little house
Overlooking Brighton Pier, Pier Court Apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen with an oven, hob and dishwasher. Each apartment has a flat-screen TV and a Sonos/Amazon Echo. Free WiFi, close to gay bars
Video of Brighton Bear Weekender
Sophie Cook at the Brighton Bear Weekend 2016
Recommended Hotels in Brighton
Brighton’s gay scene is compact and all of the following hotels are just a short walk from the bars and clubs.
Drakes Hotel Brighton
4 Star Luxury Boutique
Seafront location with superb rooms and great breakfast.