From: Saturday, May 25, 2024
To: Sunday, May 26, 2024
A city pride with a village feel. Great Shows and More!
Over seventy thousand people attended Birmingham gay pride last year to enjoy things like the main stage with international acts, an outdoor market, a funfair, live comedy and cabaret shows.
- Birmingham fills up for the weekend with many seizing on the opportunity to celebrate one last time before Winter arrives! Book your stay early. For a real treat stay at the Grand Hotel, complete with opulent rooms fit for a king or queen, great breakfast options and late check out options.
- There are also some great apartment options right in the heart of Birmingham’s gay village, close to all the bars and the pride parties and events.
Birmingham Pride Parade
- Saturday 25th May 2024- The annual Pride Parade assembles in Victoria Square, from 10.30am on the Saturday of the weekend event.
- Following Birmingham Pride’s official opening ceremony, it typically sets off at 12 noon, winding its way around the city centre and down to the top end of Hurst Street, by the Birmingham Hippodrome.
- The parade route goes from Victoria Square along Bennetts Hill, New Street, High Street, Carrs Lane, St Martin’s Circus Queensway, Smallbrook Queensway and into Hurst Street, down towards the Gay Village. Route to be confirmed.
Birmingham Pride Stages
- Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th May 2024 –Birmingham Pride has six stages with a wide variety of acts and performances. The line up includes local and international drag acts, live performances, djs, dancers and more.
- Full Program to be confirmed. Pride Stages are themed with the main stage hosting the biggest act. There is also a dance stage and a cabaret stage.
- Birmingham Pride also hosts dedicated women’s and men’s arenas and Birmingham Pride favorite, the Village Green featuring everything from kilted Scottish dancers to Pride Dog Show.
Birmingham Gay Pride Parties
- Birmingham’s LGBTQI+ scene focuses on Hurst Street, just minutes from the Hippodrome theatre, the Bullring and the Chinese Quarter and is close to the Christmas Markets on the city’s south side.
- Mingle with Birmingham’s stylish 30-something crowd at The Loft, a plush bar with velvet couches, chandeliers and exposed brickwork. Missing is a lively gay party bar with events and DJs. A former car showroom, Sidewalk retains its vast plate-glass windows and warehouse-style décor and is popular with a predominantly younger mixed crowd.
- Friday – XXL Birmingham hosts a special pride edition at Boltz on Lower Essex Street.
Where to stay during Birmingham Pride?
The following hotels are close to the city’s gay bars and clubs and just a short walk to the pride festivities:
Gay Map of Birmingham
as you can see from the map most of the gay bars are withing walking distance of each other so we have chosen hotels that keep you close to all the fun.
Recommended Hotels in Birmingham By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Birmingham that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Different
The chic Malmaison Birmingham offers elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi, within the upmarket Mailbox development. It has a health spa, a restaurant, and a bar with a wine tasting room. Large, luxury rooms each includes mood lighting and a satellite TV. Private bathrooms all have a power shower, and there is a same-day laundry service.
4 Star, Readers Choice
In Birmingham’s center, this modern 4-star hotel offers a luxury health spa with a 16 m swimming pool and gym with Matrix fitness equipment. Large, elegant rooms each have a flat-screen TV and there is a stylish restaurant and bar. The air-conditioned rooms boast floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the city. WIFI, a satellite TV
Hotel du Vin
4 Star, Great Value
This elegant and modern hotel features rooms with Egyptian linen, plasma-screen TVs and free WiFi. There is an idyllic hidden courtyard and a French bistro. With luxurious hand-sprung mattresses, each spacious room at Hotel du Vin Birmingham includes a deep bath and powerful drench shower in its private bathroom.
4 Star, Location
The 4-star Clayton Hotel Birmingham is just a 5-minute walk from the Bullring Shopping Centre. It serves modern food in its stylish restaurant. Bespoke cocktails are made by expert mixologists in the bar and there is also an on-site 24-hour fitness centre. There is also free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel.
Video Of Birmingham Gay Pride
Birmingham Pride 2016 – Highlights