From: Friday, January 19, 2024
To: Sunday, January 21, 2024
Hibernation Hamburg 2024
On the third weekend of January, the legendary Nordbären Bärenpaadiie XXL will attract more than 1600 bears and friends to the city of Hamburg in Germany. Events include a bears sauna party, a welcome evening, bear-bowling, and bear brunch. The main event will be the Bärenpaadiie XXL party at Saturday evening.
- Visiting for Bear Pride? Stay in St.Georg, close to the gay bars with a wide range of hotels available. The Central Hotel bel étage, is rated superb by guests with deluxe rooms and charming hosts.
Hamburg Bear Weekend Highlights: Big – Bigger – Bear!
- Dive into a heartwarming weekend in chilly Hamburg. With everything from cozy saunas to bear-themed bowling and scenic harbour tours, there’s something for every bear and their friends. Embrace the city’s frozen beauty or opt for something warmer at the Dragon Sauna.
- Make the most of each day with our guide below:
Dragon Sauna Delight:
- Kicks off at 1 pm.
- Steam & dry saunas, whirlpool, vast play area, and gastronomic treats await.
- Dive into flirts, conversations, and fun-filled games.
- Direct payments at the entrance.
Giant Welcome Club at Uebel&Gefährlich:
- Starting 9 pm.
- A “Bears and Friends” get-together.
- Cool drinks, engaging conversations, and DJ Harry.h from Berlin.
- Advance tickets on Eventbrite: €7 (+ pre-sale fee) or €12 on-site.
- Early birds? Warm up at “Toom Peerstall”, a short stroll from Uebel&Gefährlich.
- A timeless tradition!
- Showcase your bowling prowess.
- Relish every graceful throw and the joy of pins toppling.
- Tickets, including rental shoes: €17.50.
On the High Seas – Harbour Tour:
- View Hamburg via its ships.
- A 2-hour tour showcasing attractions like the Elbphilharmonie concert hall.
- Sail the Elbe with “MS Commodore” from 12 noon to 2 pm.
- Exclusive tickets: €17.50.
BärenpaadiieXXL at Markthalle Hamburg:
- 23rd edition of welcoming the bear community.
- Two dance floors, four DJs, and ample spaces to unwind.
- Open to everyone, irrespective of their bear stature!
- Advance tickets on Eventbrite: €19 (+ pre-sale fee) or €24 at the door.
- Stay close to the city’s top attractions and gay bars at The Mercure Hamburg Mitte a highly-rated 4 star option with spacious rooms and great location.
Brunch at “Körri Speisekontor”:
- Bid Hamburg a hearty “Tschüss”!
- Enjoy a spread of delectable dishes in a cozy ambiance.
- A special brunch price of €30, inclusive of filtered coffee and tea.
Dress warmly, embrace the camaraderie, and enjoy every bit of the bear-tastic Hamburg weekend! 🐻🎉
- Dragon Sauna Delight: Large sauna (1500 m²) with Finnish sauna, steam room, lockers, private cabins, spa bathtub, bar & restaurant, TV room, movie rooms with lounge areas. 13-minute drive from St Pauli.
- Uebel&Gefährlich: A former war time bunker, now a club with two distinct club spaces on two different floors connected by an impressive spiral staircase. A must visit when in Hamburg. 3-minute drive from St Pauli.
- Markthalle Hamburg: Convention center located at Klosterwall, it was designed by the architect Fritz Schumacher and built in 1913. The main hall can hold up to 1,000 people. 9-minute drive from St Pauli.
- Körri Speisekontor: Fish & chips, currywurst & burgers at a contemporary stop known for its lavish Sunday brunch buffet. 10-minute drive from St Pauli.
Hotels in St. Georg
Home to 12 gay bars all close together. Known as the red light area, St. Georg is home to older gay bars and cruising/leather venues.
- Hotel Wedina an der Alster – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, the three star hotel is renowned for its fantastic breakfasts, stylish rooms, great location and warm welcome.
- Le Royal Méridien Hamburg – 5 Star hotel with beautiful indoor pool, modern gym, located in the city centre on Alster lake with spectacular views.
Hotels in St. Pauli
A nightlife area with 10 gay bars and late night clubs.
Gay Map of Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area The other area is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs.
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Georgs
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Pauli
Recommended Hotels in Hamburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hamburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Behind its grand façade, the Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, provides spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TV and marble bathroom. Each floor is inspired by a different colour. Guests enjoy free use of the sauna. On site is also the Energy Clinic spa, which features an exclusive beauty salon and a gym overlooking the Außenalster Lake.
Le Méridien Hamburg
5 Star, Readers Choice
Rooms at Le Méridien Hamburg feature modern ambiance with either wooden or carpet flooring, elegant bathrooms with bathtub or shower, a flat-screen TV, air-conditioning as well as hot drinks facilities. Guests have free access to various online newspaper and magazines. Located in the city centre directly on the Alster Lake with spectacular views
4 Star, Great Value
Named after the German word for ruby and boasting a red theme throughout, the 4-star superior ARCOTEL Rubin offers free WiFi and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs. It lies in Hamburg’s lively St. Georg district, 500 m from Hamburg Central Station. Its air-conditioned rooms include soundproofed windows, leather furnishings and cordless telephones.
3 Star, Location
The individually designed rooms at the Hotel Wedina an der Alster are located in 4 colour-themed buildings (red, blue, green and yellow) and exude a love for literature. All rooms include free WiFi, wooden floors, a safe and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Located in Hamburg-St. Georg, just 150 m away from the Alster Lake
Video Of Event Bärenpaadiie
Highlights of the Bärenpaadiie festival in Hamburg.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany, has a lively and diverse LGBTQ+ community, making it a welcoming destination for gay travelers and residents alike. The city offers a range of gay-friendly establishments, events, and resources.
St. Georg | The heart of Hamburg’s gay scene
- St. Georg is often considered the heart of Hamburg’s gay scene.
- This district is home to many gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The “Lange Reihe” street is particularly known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments.
- Discover the best things to see and do in St. Georg
A vibrant district with LGBTQ+-friendly venues, around the Reeperbahn area, known for its nightlife.
Staying in the heart of the city gives you easy access to major attractions, shopping districts, & upscale hotels.