From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Austin Kink Weekend 2024
Austin Kink Weekend is a weekend of kinky fun with your fellow kinksters featuring competitions, workshops, kink classes and a vendor market. The event is a collaboration with local leather and fetish groups and LGBTQ businesses in Austin.
- Visiting for Austin Kink Weekend? Stay in the warehouse district close to the exhibition centre at the Hotel Za Za, just steps from all the major parties and events.
Austin Kink Weekend brings together some of the biggest parties, DJs and performers from across the kink spectrum in the USA.
Awaiting the full program for 2024 – Here is a guide on what to expect:
- Friday – Events kick off at Oil Can Harry’ with a Social and Meet and greet at 7 pm hosted by a Leather Group that you all know and love. Events continue with the opening party at 10 pm in the Dark Bar.
- Saturday – Contest Finals – Check out the finalists’ performance at Distribution Hall. Catch their last act before the judges pick the winners of three contests, followed by the AKW Saturday Party.
- Sunday – Closing Tea Dance Party – Enjoy an afternoon of fun and good music at The Iron Bear.
- Distribution Hall – An event space and production studio located in the heart of East Austin. Originally constructed to house Austin’s first German beer importer, this thoughtfully restored mid-century structure now features a 7,000 sq-ft studio warehouse, a 3,000 sq-ft open-air hangar, and a beautiful 7,500 sq-ft courtyard and lawn. It is the perfect venue for a kink weekend!
- Oil Can Harry’s – Boisterous, spacious gay dance club with a patio, theme nights & weekly late-night drag shows.
- The Iron Bear – Lively LGBT-friendly hangout offering DJ parties, pool, karaoke & daily happy hour.
Recommended Hotels in Austin
Most of the gay bars are located in Downtown and you can walk from one to the other. Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Austin
The gay clubs in Austin are largely centered around the 4th street gay district and don’t get going until around midnight. Most of the city’s gay bars are within walking distance not only of each other but of dozens of other cool mainstream bars and clubs downtown, mostly in the hip Warehouse District that’s between the Texas Capitol building and the Colorado River. The gay scene in Austin is well integrated with the town so people mix and you’ll often spot gay folks hanging out at the music clubs, trendy lounges, coffeehouses, and restaurant bars that everyone else in town likes.
Also, Austin is home to a very popular and scenic gay sunbathing area, Hippie Hollow Park, a county-operated, clothing-optional park that’s about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown, on the rocky but scenic shore of Lake Travis.
Recommended Hotels in Austin By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in the old town of Austin that keep you close to all the shops and restaurants
Fairmont Austin Gold
5 Star, Great Pool
The Fairmont Austin Gold Experience offers 5-star accommodation in Austin, TX. Ideally situated in the Downtown Austin district, this 37-story luxury hotel offers extravagant dining options, a relaxing spa and state-of-the art meeting facilities.
4 Star – Central
Hyatt Place Austin Downtown offers air-conditioned accommodation & features a bar called Coffee to Cocktails that serves light appetizers. The property has a swimming pool and a fitness centre. A number of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking.
The LINE Austin
4 Star, Nice Pool
The LINE Austin features free bikes and outdoor swimming pool in the heart of Austin. Featuring a bar, In-room amenities include complimentary WiFi, floor-to-ceiling windows with lake and city views, and a fully stacked minibar. A private bathroom with complimentary toiletries.
4 Star, Location
Guest rooms at the hotel come with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. At Austin Marriott Downtown each room has bed linen & towels