From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Austin City Limits 2024
The Austin City Limits Festival is one of the city’s most important events attracting half a million visitors, many of them from the LGBT community. It is an annual Music, Arts and Food Festival from the Live Music Capital of the World.
- Austin City Limits is one of the most popular festivals in the city, so book early. We recommend you stay in the downtown district. Guests love the Fairmont Austin giving the hotel a “Superb” rating with a stunning rooftop pool and features spacious rooms and a central location.
- Awaiting dates for the 2024 edition – Austin City Limits takes place at Zilker Park over two weekends.
- Over the past several years, the festival has showcased more and more established and upcoming gay artists.
- Awaiting lineup for 2024.
Top tips for a memorable experience
- Austin City Limits Festival always has a stacked lineup, so make sure you plan ahead to see your favorite bands. Take the entire lineup and plan your day around which are your “must-see” shows so you can make sure to navigate to those stages well in advance of the show starting. Don’t forget to bring a blanket or collapsible chair to sit on (there are plenty of places away from the stage where you can take break but still hear the music).
- The Festival is spread out across Zilker Park’s 350 acres. There are 8 primary stages at ACL, which host the 125 bands that play over two weekends. The main stages host the headlining acts, while the other stages are packed all day with great music. To get a spot close to the stage, you will need to get to that stage well in advance of the performer you want to see. ACL is an all General Admission event, which means there are no reserved seats for fans.
- Side events include, Austin Eats with food vendors showcasing local restaurants. The Art Market features craft goods from dozen of local artisans while the Austin Art Garage acts as a platform for talented emerging artists.
- Want the opportunity to meet some of your favorite ACL artists at ACL? Waterloo Records hosts autograph signings for various ACL artists every day of the festival for free!
- The Moxy Hotel Austin is great for those looking for a hip place to stay complete with a vibrant cocktail bar and 24-hour taco counter.
Getting to the festival
- The festival offers a free shuttle service to and from the festival from the Republic Square located at 4th and Guadalupe. The shuttles run from early morning until after the shows end each day of the festival.
- Republic Square park is a short walk from downtown hotels, restaurants and bars. There is also paid parking within a few blocks of Republic Square Park.
- The festival has a designated area for drop-offs and pickups for those who choose to take a ride-share program like Lyft and Uber. You can also take a Yellow Cab (taxi) if you are fortunate enough to hail one in downtown Austin. Driving to ACL festival is not recommended as there is no parking available near Zilker Park.
Where to stay?
Austin has long been known as one of the live music capitals of the world, but what many people may not know is that the city has a thriving LGBTQ culture and arts scene.
- SoCo, the South Congress Street area is home to several gay bars between Johanna and Gibson Streets. It has an eclectic array of shops, restaurants, boutiques, antiques, music venues and art galleries.
- You should also explore The Second Street District and The Rainey Street District.
- If you want to stay close to the best gay venues, check out the South Congress Hotel
- Most of the gay bars are located in Downtown and you can walk from one to the other.
Gay Austin Venues to visit during the festival
Just a stone’s throw from the bustling city center, you’ll discover the lively gay district nestled in the South Congress Avenue neighborhood, affectionately known as “SoCo.”
Now, let’s spill the tea on some of the best gay bars in this fabulous district:
- Rain on 4th: This is the crown jewel of Austin’s gay nightlife, where every night feels like a weekend! With epic drag shows, high-energy dance floors, and top-notch cocktails, Rain on 4th is where the party never stops. If you want to strut your stuff on the dance floor and unleash your inner diva, this is the place to be.
- Oilcan Harry’s: A true Austin institution, Oilcan Harry’s boasts a welcoming atmosphere and a spacious dance floor that beckons you to bust out your best moves. Their themed parties and diverse crowd make it a must-visit spot for anyone looking to mix, mingle, and dance the night away.
- Sellers Underground: This trendy, underground gem offers a chic and relaxed setting for sipping craft cocktails and enjoying a more intimate evening. With its friendly staff and diverse clientele, Sellers Underground is the ideal spot for engaging conversations and good vibes.
Recommended Austin Hotels
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to the gay bars and a short ride to the concerts:
Gay Map of Austin
The gay clubs in Austin are largely centered around the 4th street gay district and don’t get going until around midnight. Most of the city’s gay bars are within walking distance not only of each other but of dozens of other cool mainstream bars and clubs downtown, mostly in the hip Warehouse District that’s between the Texas Capitol building and the Colorado River. The gay scene in Austin is well integrated with the town so people mix and you’ll often spot gay folks hanging out at the music clubs, trendy lounges, coffeehouses, and restaurant bars that everyone else in town likes.
Also, Austin is home to a very popular and scenic gay sunbathing area, Hippie Hollow Park, a county-operated, clothing-optional park that’s about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown, on the rocky but scenic shore of Lake Travis.
Recommended Hotels in Austin By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in the old town of Austin that keep you close to all the shops and restaurants
Fairmont Austin Gold
5 Star, Great Pool
- 5 Star, Great Pool, Downtown luxury, extravagant dining.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- 5-star, luxury accommodation.
- The epitome of downtown luxury with superb dining options, a relaxing spa, & meeting facilities.
4 Star – Central
- 4 Star, Pool, fitness center, light appetizers.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air-conditioned, flat-screen TV.
- Central location with cozy rooms, offering activities like cycling & hiking nearby.
The LINE Austin
4 Star, Nice Pool
- 4 Star, Pool – Free bikes, outdoor pool.
- Close to the gay district.
- Lake, city views, minibar.
- Situated in the heart of Austin, offering picturesque lake and city views & variety of amenities.
4 Star, Location
- 4 Star, Air-conditioned, flat-screen TV.
- Close to the gay district.
- Seating area, safety deposit.
- Comfortable stay with modern amenities in a perfect location for exploring Austin’s downtown area.