San Francisco’s Leather Week parties during the Folsom Street Fair are some of the biggest productions of the year. From the fun strip shows by Baloney to the poignant Leather Walk to Eagle Square, there is a party and a type for every one!
San Francisco Leather Walk
Leather Pride Festival Eagle Plaza San Francisco
Folsom San Francisco BRUT
Bearracuda Horse Meat Disco at Folsom SF Weekend
Mr S Leather San Francisco Folsom Block Party
PRIME The San Francisco MEAT Folsom Friday Edition
Big Muscle Party at DNA Lounge Folsom Street Fair
Matinee PERVERT XXL San Francisco Leather Weekend Edition
Folsom Street Fair
Hot Tea San Francisco Leather Edition T Dance
Real Bad San Francisco
Masteurdome Folsom Edition San Francisco
The Fair, Megahood
- The Folsom Street Fair is actually a three day weekend event bringing over 400,000 visitors to San Francisco.
- The highlight of the event is the Street Fair itself taking place in the historic Folsom street, from 8th to 13th Streets 11am to 6pm.
- The pre and post parties are some of the wildest nights in the American party circuit.
The Gay Neighbourhoods
- San Francisco has become synonymous with gay culture. The Castro is the epicenter of gay life what is one of the friendliest cities in the USA.
- The Castro is a unique a experience. Well served by public transport, this gay district is situated around Market Street, the main artery of San Francisco. The Castro is recognizable by the countless rainbow flags lining the streets and blocks. At the entry to this gay area flies a huge rainbow flag on Harvey Milk Plaza.
- The South of Market district, or SoMa, is one of the liveliest and most colourful parts of San Francisco. This area is also home to many gay cultural spots, such as the LGBTQ and Leather Cultural District.
Be a tourist!
- No trip to SF is complete without seeing the Golden Gate Bridge. Of the touristy things to do, Alcatraz is our top choice and the island has some of the best views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. You can also enjoy the views as you take the ferry ride across the Bay.
- Make sure to check out Harvey Milk Plaza, the AIDS Memorial Grove or the GLBT History Museum.
- Take a tour of the historical district with our expert guides in this top rated trip!
Where to Stay?
- Some of the best hotels are in SoMa, the lively hub of culture and colour in the city and a great destination for gay travellers.
- The Hotel Zetta offers Free WiFi, an iPod docking station, a portable wireless Bluetooth speaker, & double-panned windows for quiet & privacy. It is also one of the best locations in the city with easy access to all the major tourist sights and a short tram ride to the gay bars.
- If you want to stay in the Castro, check out the San Francisco Proper Hotel. It provides a comfortable 4 star stay a short walk away from San Francisco’s gay scene, The Castro, making it perfect for gay travellers and gay couples.