From: Saturday, August 17, 2024
To: Saturday, August 17, 2024
Woodward Dream Cruise 2023
The Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe.
- Stay Downtown close to the city’s top attractions and take a rideshare to Ferndale. The Detroit Foundation Hotel is rated “Superb” by guests, full of charm and character with spacious rooms, a gym and perfect location.
North American cruisers from California, Georgia, Canada and all points in between caravan to Metro Detroit to participate in what has become, for many, an annual rite of summer. It takes place every year on the third Saturday of August in Detroit.
Woodward Dream Cruise Route
- The massive cruise goes along the famous Woodward Avenue, built during the industrial boom at the start of the 20th century. The cars go from Pontiac suburbs, past Ferndale, Oakland County, to the State Fairgrounds not far from 8 Mile Road.
- The cruise also showcases old-time drive-ins and restaurants along Woodward Avenue that keep Americana spirit alive.
- Ferndale is a great place to visit during the cruise. It has an entire street festival based around the cruise, along with some excellent restaurant options.
- Pontiac is also becoming a more popular spot to hang out and watch; it is the northern turnaround area and will be less crowded than other places along the route. Downtown Royal Oak, about a mile east of Woodward, is a good location to eat and relax if you want to stay close but be away from the crowds.
- An official ribbon cutting will take place on Friday at 5pm in Ferndale.
- The cruise starts Saturday at 9am.
- Woodward leads straight into the heart of the Motor City.
- Downtown Detroit is awesome, and Highland Park is home to the old Model T plant.
- The cruise ends promptly at 9 p.m. just south of 9 Mile Road.
Where to stay in Detroit?
- Many of the bars are on or around main streets to the north of downtown, on McNichols, 7 Mile, 8 Mile or 9 Mile Roads, and along Woodward Avenue. Stay at The Element Hotel, just a short taxi drive to the bars and clubs.
- Ferndale is a little further from downtown and is a gay-friendly neighborhood with several gay shops, cafes, and nightclubs. Royal Oak at the end of Woodward is also worth a visit and has stores, cafes, and theaters.
Recommended Hotels in Detroit
The following Detroit hotels are located in the Downtown district. Ferndale is a 17 minute drive from Downtown.
Recommended Hotels in Detroit By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Detroit that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star – Central Location
Featuring an on-site casino, Topgolf lounge, luxury spa and indoor infinity-edge pool, this MGM Grand offers on-site dining and live entertainment in Detroit, Michigan. Every room at MGM Grand Detroit provides a 50-inch flat-screen HDTV with premium cable channels and complimentary bottled water. Private bathrooms offer spa-inspired showers with rainfall shower heads.
The David Whitney
4 Star, Luxury
Located in the David Whitney building in downtown Detroit, this hotel features a bar and lounge for guests to relax, a fitness centre and free high speed WiFi. Less than 500 km from The Fillmore. A 42 inch flat-screen TV and beds with pillowtop mattresses are included in every room at the Aloft Detroit at David Whitney. Amenities like a coffee maker, refrigerator and desk are provided for guests’ convenience.
3 Star – Great Amenities
This downtown Detroit hotel offers on-site dining and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Just a 7-minute walk from MGM Grand Detroit Casino, the hotel provides free WiFi. A 32-inch flat-screen cable TV with HBO and video games is featured in the contemporary rooms at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Detroit Downtown – Fort Shelby. There is also a coffee maker, desk and safe.
Atheneum Suite Hotel
3 Star – Perfect Location
This Detroit hotel is located in the Greektown District, next to the. The all-suite hotel offers free WiFi, free area 42-inch flat-screen TV and MP3 docking station in every . areas and room service during select hours are also available. A refrigerated mini-bar and in-room safe are available in all rooms.