From: Saturday, October 7, 2023
To: Saturday, October 7, 2023
Woodpop Antwerp 2023
Woodpop is a Pop music party in the centre of Antwerp, partying with everyone whose love is limitless and without judgement. The party takes place during big holiday weekends and select dates throughout the year at various venues.
- Stay close to the Cargo Club, host of the event, at the Hotel Rubens-Grote Markt, rated “Fabulous” by guests and just a 3 minute drive from the event.
- WOODPOP stands for love, peace and pop music! The event is famous for its fun atmosphere, funky decoration and perfect pop tunes.
- Love, peace, and tolerance made Woodstock Festival world-renowned, something this event strives to continue. a party where everybody’s welcome to dance to the best pop tunes in a tolerant, open-minded atmosphere.
- Expect excellent pop tunes, boys who want to dance, a mix of old school disco and new pop hits, plus the best sound and light as Woodpop takes over some of Antwerp’s leading clubs.
- The party runs from 11pm to 5am with 3 guest DJs.
- Woodpop Saturdays – Oct 7th, Nov 4th and Woodpop NYE on Dec 31st.
- Woodpop BXL – No upcpcoming events – Larger special editions takes place in Plein Publiek, located at the beautiful Palais de la Dynastie on the Mont des Arts in Brussels, right above Brussel central station.
Woodpop Pride After Party
- Saturday 12th August – WOODPOP Antwerp Pride Official Afterparty, 11 pm to 5 am at Waagnatie Expo & Events.
- Join the Woodpop party at Cargo Club in Antwerp, one of the city’s most iconic venues in Antwerp’s Red-light district, is just a short walk from the MAS Museum aan de Stroom, a 5-minute taxi or 10-minute walk from Antwerp’s old town.
- The Woodpop BXL editions are special larger events held at Plein Publiek BXL, a larger venue with a signature greenhouse restaurant and bar with a balcony, overlooking the greenhouse and the impressive architecture of the Palais de la Dynastie and a terrace where you can enjoy the sun with an amazing view on the Mont des Arts
Where to Stay?
The following Antwerp Hotels are popular with our readers and are highly-rated. All are close to the city’s busy gay scene:
Gay Map of Antwerp
Antwerp is small and compact having a beautifully preserved old town in the centre. Having said that bars and clubs (more than 30) are spread out around the city, so its best to find a hotel close to the centre and journey out to your preferred destination. The main club, Red & Blue is located in the harbour. Famous gay monthly parties Studio 54 and Café de Love attract guys from all over Europe so book your accommodation in advance.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Antwerp
Antwerp, Belgium, has a thriving LGBTQ+ community and is known for being a welcoming & hosts several LGBTQ+ events and festivals throughout the year. The most prominent of these is Antwerp Pride, which typically takes place in August. Antwerp Pride includes a colorful and lively parade, parties, cultural events, and a sense of celebration and inclusivity that brings together locals and visitors alike.
Historic Center | In the hart of city centre
- Antwerp’s historic center has a diverse range of bars and clubs, many of which are gay or gay friendly.
- This area is bustling with activity, and you’ll likely find a mix of people from various backgrounds.
- Antwerp’s fashion district is also located in this area, making it perfect for shopping enthusiasts.
- It’s a great area for tourists, with numerous shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Barcelona
Antwerp’s Red Light District is home to several gay bars and clubs. It can be a lively area for nightlife, offering a mix of entertainment options.
This trendy district is home to many bars & clubs, including gay venues. You can find a mix of nightlife options, from stylish cocktail bars to dance clubs.
Recommended Hotels in Antwerp By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Antwerp that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Julien, 4 Star
The guest rooms are situated in 2 historic buildings and have a modern style. They are equipped with a bath or rain shower and free Wi-Fi. You can relax in the lounge area with books and magazines or have a drink in the bar. The spa is located in the 16th century cellars and offers a steam bath, sauna and rain shower.
4 Star, Very Central
This hotel offers light and spacious rooms as well as a luxurious suite. All units have individual climate control as well as a flat-screen TV. Some of the deluxe rooms and suites also come with a private terrace. The breakfast buffet offers a variety of hot and cold choices
Hilton Hotel, 4 Star
Shopping & Partying
The spacious, air-conditioned rooms at Hilton Antwerp Old Town feature Serenity bedding and have a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Each room includes a large desk with an ergonomic chair and a marble bathroom with a bath and separate shower. Coffee and tea facilities are provided.
Hotel Matelote, 3 Star
Boutique & Central
This elegant boutique hotel offers luxurious design with 16th century architecture, a 2-minute walk from Grand Place. Each of the rooms at hotel Matelote benefits from free wired internet and a flat-screen TV. “They also have coffee, tea making facilities and mineral water. The bathrooms include The Spa Collection toiletries.